Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same blank doe-eyed expression on three different Leia figures is a real shame. Not what this hobby is about.
I agree, would love to have seen this as an alternate even at higher cost...
a4618f7990896d42eb523204bb713b3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that is the new strategy with HT. Nail (or get as close enough as the licensor approves) for sculpt then reuse for all the different looks. Might explain why we haven't seen Bespin or Endor Han. They haven't hit the "close enough" mark on Ford to reuse the same sculpt over and over and over again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A guy who works at Disney who's in some FB groups has indicated that Ford hasn't approved his likeness yet, so it's not HT dragging feet there apparently.

A guy who works at Disney who's in some FB groups has indicated that Ford hasn't approved his likeness yet, so it's not HT dragging feet there apparently.

Do actors really have to approve the use of their likeness on a case by case basis though? I thought they just signed the rights over to the corporate overlords.

Do actors really have to approve the use of their likeness on a case by case basis though? I thought they just signed the rights over to the corporate overlords.

It’s more common for them to sign over their likeness rights now. Pretty much essential for joining the Disney/Marvel-verse. Not when the original trilogy was filmed though.

Jango is a huge step backward from the Cody sculpt...and slapping a ROTJ Luke face on an anorexic body in an un-weathered, color mis-matched flight suit?
I know these are prototypes but.....
Go home Hot Toys....you're drunk....

111111111.jpg

666666666666.jpg

Last edited:
Promo shots aren't that helpful but there is a wide range within the movie, so there is definitely some leeway. Sideshow got the Hoth AT-AT battle look down, aka the Michelin man.

They sure as heck were two different colors of orange though. Sideshow nailed that......not so much here HT.....

Sideshow jacker is clearly better. Even achieves the slight colour difference.

But Sideshow sculpt way better. I wonder if they'll make it able to be posed without helmet ?

Were Snowspeeder Lukes gloves that white ? There seems a huge difference between SS grey and HT white.

Yeah, just like on Dengar and Biker Scout, Sideshow tends to overweather gloves and boots - they can be lightened up pretty easily with isopropyl though. Even the Luke Snowpeeder boots look much better when lightened.

I?ve really never understood the love that some have for the Sideshow figure. It?s a good figure by their standards. It?s not mind blowingly amazing and untouchable the way some people make it out. I?ll likely get the Hot Toys version that won?t have the oven mitt gloves and a crappy Sideshow body.

While there are certainly many issues, the bottom line to me is the jacket is 100% accurate - and the jacket is THE defining feature of this outfit. HT could only ever have matched the SSC version, not topped it is PERFECT in fabric choice, cut/sew, sizing and color. Even the baffles along the shoulder line are brilliantly done.

This HT jacket is wrong in length, color, shape of collar and arms are just too skinny, even for the skinny arms version of the outfit. It's an EXTREMELY difficult jacket to get right.

We all know what they are capable of, clearly they are slacking here. From the reused sculpt, crappy costume, down to the awful base.

Yeah, jeez that crap Jawa base got the spray of white and out the door it goes again.:lol

Shown on Facebook. The suit wasn't as "poofy" as the SS would lead you to believe.

Just like the Luke Hoth outfit, there are several distinctly different looks for the Luke Snowspeeder outfit and one of them (the version where Hamill is wearing thermals) is VERY poofy - even the boots have a very fat overstuffed look.

Seems like the ?puffiness? is all over the place. Inside echo base hanger before piloting the speeder he doesn?t seem to have the extra padding or gun holster.
dbe813af82ceaa845a7a9d2b4b819230.jpg

Then in the snow he?s padded up. Still no holster.
12133933da4bbaf01a436ac13a555714.jpg

Here you can see the two different oranges between the jumpsuit and the thermal jacket.
584c1c0f5dd9b802a328ef557a8c166d.jpg

Then upon arriving on Dagobah we see no padding again but with holster.
8a1acd7ebebee61bf17c42ddea2d0aab.jpg

90fca1dcf9c81709f07d682de55a5a79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, when I was modding my Luke Snowspeeders I counted four distinctly different looks for the boots (color, fatness, and type of weathering differences are major) and the jacket has two, possibly three different looks - quite fat, medium and skinny for Dagobah arrival.

And the continuity in the movie is all over the place - the boots he hops into the speeder with are 1000% different to the boots he exits the speeder with, which are quite different again to the boots he cuts the ATAT belly with.

Yeah, when I was modding my Luke Snowspeeders I counted four distinctly different looks for the boots (color, fatness, and type of weathering differences are major) and the jacket has two, possibly three different looks - quite fat, medium and skinny for Dagobah arrival.

And the continuity in the movie is all over the place - the boots he hops into the speeder with are 1000% different to the boots he exits the speeder with, which are quite different again to the boots he cuts the ATAT belly with.

Wow. That?s crazy. I never noticed that much detail. Now I have to rewatch empire. Great![emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at those Hamill pics, I actually think HT got the overall leanness of the Echo Base/Dagobah very close. The problem is the jacket still needs to be a lot bigger and baggier on him to create those wrinkles we see.

Unfortunately HT loves to make everything perfectly tailored and tight to the body, so I'm not feeling optimistic that it'll get fixed.

Looking at those Hamill pics, I actually think HT got the overall leanness of the Echo Base/Dagobah very close. The problem is the jacket still needs to be a lot bigger and baggier on him to create those wrinkles we see.

The sleeve thickness at the elbow and below is too thin to achieve any of those looks currently. Looks like they made it very thin to fit within the gauntlet but it's much too thin.

On my Sideshow Luke Snowspeeder I cut off the sleeves of the inner flight suit to trim the bulkiness and it made the outer jacket sleeves the perfect thickness, and it can then be futzed to create the wrinkles.

The other thing that is unclear on the HT jacket is (even on the higher res pics) it appears to be more like a regular cotton type fabric, not slicker type material. The Sidehsow one is the correct sail type material, but is futzable because it's so thin.

The HT jacket needs to be another 1/2" longer at the waist - its supposed to almost cover the crotch area.

Y'all arguing about a toy pilot suit that wasn't even consistent in size nor color in the movie. You guys arguing one way or the other or nit picking one thing or another don't have a leg to stand on :lol

Figure looks great as is. Better than the SSC version for me. Can't wait to get this guy!

The sleeve thickness at the elbow and below is too thin to achieve any of those looks currently. Looks like they made it very thin to fit within the gauntlet but it's much too thin.

On my Sideshow Luke Snowspeeder I cut off the sleeves of the inner flight suit to trim the bulkiness and it made the outer jacket sleeves the perfect thickness, and it can then be futzed to create the wrinkles.

The other thing that is unclear on the HT jacket is (even on the higher res pics) it appears to be more like a regular cotton type fabric, not slicker type material. The Sidehsow one is the correct sail type material, but is futzable because it's so thin.

The HT jacket needs to be another 1/2" longer at the waist - its supposed to almost cover the crotch area.

That's really my only problem with it at the moment. I can let the rest slide if it pops on the shelf. :chase

Back