Hot Toys Shazam speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we'll see him this week!

While I can understand the frustration, and have felt it too, I have to acknowledge this...it's just toys. Collecting is fun, but don't let it affect your daily lives.

I hope that Hot Toys does a Shazam figure. I saw the movie last night at the early screening. It was a very fun and enjoyable movie.

Full opening next week. Hopefully we get something teased soon.

No doubt this is much better than Captain Marvel but that movie gets love from HT and this one gets nothing.

Hot Toys doesn't care if a movie is "better." They care if it's popular. They predicted Captain Marvel would be popular and they were correct. This isn't even just Hot Toys; even Mattel's offerings for Shazam were very sparse, and I don't think Bandai or MAFEX have announced anything else yet either.

This mindset is so baffling to me. It's toys, y'all. It's not a huge conspiracy. It's about money. They're a business.

This is like the guy who constantly bombards every post HT does on Facebook with "Where is Cyborg?!" responses. They're not refusing to make Cyborg because Disney paid them. They're not making Cyborg because he's from a bombed movie and wasn't terribly popular to begin with.

Full opening next week. Hopefully we get something teased soon.

Hot Toys doesn't care if a movie is "better." They care if it's popular. They predicted Captain Marvel would be popular and they were correct. This isn't even just Hot Toys; even Mattel's offerings for Shazam were very sparse, and I don't think Bandai or MAFEX have announced anything else yet either.

This mindset is so baffling to me. It's toys, y'all. It's not a huge conspiracy. It's about money. They're a business.

This is like the guy who constantly bombards every post HT does on Facebook with "Where is Cyborg?!" responses. They're not refusing to make Cyborg because Disney paid them. They're not making Cyborg because he's from a bombed movie and wasn't terribly popular to begin with.

You keep defending them but Aquaman was good and made over a billion so what is the excuse there?

Haven't they already teased stuff for Hellboy? Not saying disney is behind anything here just poor decision making on HT part to ignore everything non Disney.

Three of the last four DC movies have been well received and brought in good money(one assumes Shazam will get a good box office). The demise of the DCEU or whatever they call it now is much exaggerated.

You keep defending them but Aquaman was good and made over a billion so what is the excuse there?

Haven't they already teased stuff for Hellboy? Not saying disney is behind anything here just poor decision making on HT part to ignore everything non Disney.

Three of the last four DC movies have been well received and brought in good money(one assumes Shazam will get a good box office). The demise of the DCEU or whatever they call it now is much exaggerated.

As far as teasing stuff for Hell Boy, do they ALWAYS tease figure lines?

Only time will tell if we get a Shazam figure(s) from HT, not us bickering on here.

Oy are we still going with the conspiracy theories? There's a much simpler explanation here that people don't seem to be acknowledging: Marvel's movies are way more popular, and it wasn't until recently with Aquaman that it's been starting to change. And that was clearly a hit that caught Hot Toys by surprise since they only had one figure ready at launch.

It sucks, but the conspiracy theories about Disney forcing Hot Toys to not promote DC stuff is a bit silly. I really doubt Disney cares if DC's characters have toys made of them.

WW was popular before Aquaman came along. Besides, regardless of how successful a movie is at the box office, there are DC characters that are more popular than Marvel characters. All the BvS figures sold really well because even if the movie wasn’t a big box office success, the characters are popular.

Besides wasn’t it Marvel that prevented much X-Men movie merchandise being made because they owned the merchandising licences and didn’t want to help promote those films in anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It'll be a massive disappointment if Hot Toys makes anything less than 13 figures from this movie. The villains need hot toys figures, they were incredible.

I need Hot Toys to make this figure. Saw this Saturday thru Fandango, it was incredible. Honestly one of my favorite comic book movies ever. I just hope that if Hot Toys does make this, he has the light up chest feature, and 2 heads, a serious face and a very ear to ear grinning face. If they make Dr. Sivana, he better come with a certain villain teased early on and at the end as an accessory.

Well, i did my part and wrote to HT about Shazam figure. Got general response, but better than just wait and hope. Can't hurt if everybody will do the same.

Hello,

Thanks for your support to Hot Toys!
Your suggestion and comment on making Shazam figure will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.
Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Thank you.

Well, i did my part and wrote to HT about Shazam figure. Got general response, but better than just wait and hope. Can't hurt if everybody will do the same.

Hello,

Thanks for your support to Hot Toys!
Your suggestion and comment on making Shazam figure will be forwarded to our production team as a reference.
Please keep visiting our official website and Facebook page to get our most updated news!

Thank you.

I like your style, I'll do that same. There aren't a lot of movies I walk out of the theater in a given year and say "I need that figure" but I definitely did after seeing this. Light up chest, some lightning attachments for his fingers (could either do the UV black light like Infinity War Thor or just basic like Emperor Palpatines), maybe some snack foods, Billy's compass, really he doesn't need much in the way of accessories.

It'll be a massive disappointment if Hot Toys makes anything less than 13 figures from this movie. The villains need hot toys figures, they were incredible.

In that case I'm afraid you'll probably be disappointed...lol

That said, if you want 13 figures from the movie, it must be SUPER FUN! Can't wait to see it!

And he got his figure. We don't know what else is being worked on, but it's very obvious the movie's success took EVERYONE by surprise.

WW was popular before Aquaman came along.

And then Justice League came out and dragged the franchise's reputation right back down. Hence why I said they're starting to build themselves up again with hits like Aquaman and Shazam.

Besides wasn’t it Marvel that prevented much X-Men movie merchandise being made because they owned the merchandising licences and didn’t want to help promote those films in anyway?

Yes, a property THEY own the license to and can choose not to merchandise (that and there being likeness rights issues with some of the actors). Note that both Deadpool movies did get Hot Toys figures despite being Fox films.

Back