Hot Toys Scar Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the original 3 HT Predators from AVP (Chopper, Scar and Celtic) as well as the first elder. I don't know if it's just me, but gluing those quills to the elder's face was a test of patience. I ended up only getting about half of them on because I was simply running out of room for them!

MrStayPuft,

I agree 100% about putting the quills on Elder's face. I was putting some on the
other night and I was like "Holy Sh** Ba**s". Needless to say, I was cursing a lot
during the process..

MrStayPuft,

I agree 100% about putting the quills on Elder's face. I was putting some on the
other night and I was like "Holy Sh** Ba**s". Needless to say, I was cursing a lot
during the process..

If you two are gonna complain about your Elder's quills, then you should just give them to me! :)

I know everyone loves the Elder Preds but I have to go with WOlf as my favorite at the moment. All of them are great but Wolf has the classic predator look and cool accessories. I am glad I didn't go for the Elders.

Here is a picture of mine. Since then I've of course bought the 2 disc of AVP:R, so that is on display as well.
l_ac3b345ae334dc34abaecd7384527b8f.jpg

I bought this guy at a comic shop as a birthday present to myself three years ago. I paid $135. I thought that was a lot then. And there was a Celtic one on the shelf right next to him for the same price. I was like, "Man, that's a lot. There's no way I'd get two." :duh

Yea I know how you feel. I walked by a store maybe a little less than 8 months ago and saw 2x Predator 2 Elders for sale at $144.99. I thought it was a pain in the butt to carry so I thought I'll just go get it later. Wasn't really into HT Preds yet. I called back and they put it up on ebay. It went for $295. I wanted to kick my own face but wasn't flexible enough. :banghead

Yeah dude i wish i would have even known about this stuff three years ago, just found out around 6 months ago that all this stuff even existed and i'am paying the price.

I have no excuse. I saw these when they came out but would have never imagined paying $150 for a 1/6 fig. Now I'm forking 4250-$300 a pop. If we all had a time machine....:(

:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol That's like comparing a shopping cart to a Dodge Viper!! Hot Toys ROCK!!

Hot Toys do rock. But I rather liked the Mcfarlane 12" Scar. The details are good and the paint job was well done. It's not HT quality but neither is the price. I made a trade with a friend of mine for it and I couldn't be happier with it.

:lol Wow! I never realized the McFarlane Scar looked quite that bad. I wasn't thrilled with their 12" P1 Pred and felt the head was too small, but that looks horrible!

Yea I didn't much like the P1 pred either. Wish they made it a masked version with better wrist blades. Other than that, still a decent piece. I think we're all just so spoiled by the quality of Hot Toys but we shouldn't forget the cheapy origins we all...or mostly started our collecting days from. :D

Hot Toys do rock. But I rather liked the Mcfarlane 12" Scar. The details are good and the paint job was well done. It's not HT quality but neither is the price. I made a trade with a friend of mine for it and I couldn't be happier with it.

You made what trade? A Hot Toys Scar, for a McFarlane 12 incher?

I have McFarlane Scar and he aint that bad...he looks better with his mask on and depends on the pose. Something that bothers me is the showlder canon...imposible to pose him with that huge thing on...I have 3 HT peds next to my McFarlane one, and they all look good together.

Hot Toys Elder looks horrible without his cape and quills.

Some pics:
dsc00103vc2qe9.jpg

dsc07225wb9zp4.jpg

Last edited:
I found one auction on US eBay. Now it is about 8 usd. You can search it by "Hot Toys Scar Predator"

You made what trade? A Hot Toys Scar, for a McFarlane 12 incher?

No way! I'm not crazy! Or am I? Nah it was for an assortment of a few small spawn figs if I remember correctly. No way I woudl give a HT Scar up if I had one. No friken' way!

i think the one you are referring to is for the box only.

I love how people try to cash in on boxes. Does it really work?

Yeah, the last guy bid $300+ on this...then he realized it was just for the box! :google

Are you serious!! :rotfl:rotfl
I might sell my boxes then...maybe I'll get lucky!

I have McFarlane Scar and he aint that bad...he looks better with his mask on and depends on the pose. Something that bothers me is the showlder canon...imposible to pose him with that huge thing on...I have 3 HT peds next to my McFarlane one, and they all look good together.

Hot Toys Elder looks horrible without his cape and quills.

Some pics:
dsc00103vc2qe9.jpg

dsc07225wb9zp4.jpg

Great pics Slipknot, I'm Demonio from AVP Galaxy,
saludos!

Don't get me wrong McFarlane figs are still great, but don't compare to hot toys at all.

what is this crazy talk. mcfarlane make "o.k" 7 inchers but dont compare to HT in 1/6. END OF

Back