Hot Toys Scar Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this guy at a comic shop as a birthday present to myself three years ago. I paid $135. I thought that was a lot then. And there was a Celtic one on the shelf right next to him for the same price. I was like, "Man, that's a lot. There's no way I'd get two." :duh

Yeah dude i wish i would have even known about this stuff three years ago, just found out around 6 months ago that all this stuff even existed and i'am paying the price.

I don't get it though almost everybody talks REALLY bad about the avp preds and has them but i am one of the few who actually like them and only have chopper and elder:banghead:banghead:banghead

I bought this guy at a comic shop as a birthday present to myself three years ago. I paid $135. I thought that was a lot then. And there was a Celtic one on the shelf right next to him for the same price. I was like, "Man, that's a lot. There's no way I'd get two." :duh

haha the first time i had ever heard of Hot Toys was when I started seeing Scar and Celtic popping up on ebay shortly before their release. I said I will never pay $150 for an action figure and surely nobody else will. I knew they wouldn't sell and the prices would come down. hahahhahaha I couldn't have been more wrong. Thieves will no longer break into houses for diamonds and jewels when they can go to the toy room and steal these $1000 toys!

Yeah in my opinion Hot toys is in a different league to McFarlane
expensive doesn't equal better.
HT AVP figures are comically over-priced and just plain ugly.
they definitely need to completely revamp them with their new predator bodies/faces/dreds.
________
Honda ape history

Last edited:
I don't get it though almost everybody talks REALLY bad about the avp preds and has them but i am one of the few who actually like them and only have chopper and elder:banghead:banghead:banghead

Well, they were first editions. They were nice, and I like the one I have...

...I just happen to like the 3 that came out later more :D I dunno..thinking about selling mine, but he has the Ancient mask instead of the Chopper mask.

they definitely need to completely revamp them with their new predator bodies/faces/dreds.
Are you serious?

511W7K4T42L._SS400_.jpg

2573_large.jpg

From OSW, not HT Scar but you get the idea...

PR16(Medium).JPG

More times than not..... it does....and that's your opinion. The Majority of people really like HT's, obviously. If you prefer shrunken head McFarlane figures....more power to ya. Me? I'll stick with the cool stuff. :rolleyes:

save yourself the money and hassle and just get the McFarlane one.
it's the same scale and it's more accurate.
I don't know about that, man. I have Scar, Celtic, both variations of Wolf, and Pred 2 and let me tell you, these guys have presence on the shelf even next to the nicest 1/6 figs. I got them when they were first available so I did not pay through the nose for them but they are very nice figures and detail oriented. :banana:banana:banana

Last edited:
I like them all, and want them all, but that ain't gonna happen! Maybe if I win the lottery!

I don't know about that, man. I have Scar, Celtic, both variations of Wolf, and Pred 2 and let me tell you, these guys have presence on the shelf even next to the nicest 1/6 figs. I got them when they were first available so I did not pay through the nose for them but they are very nice figures and detail oriented. :banana:banana:banana
Totally agree with ya bro!!!! I had both versions of Scar,Hot Toys & McFarlane's. I sold the McFarlane Scar because it didn't even amount to my HT Scar's dust under his feet IMO. HT's preds has SOOOOO much more accuracy & articulation it's a hands down decision for me. I wish they weren't as expensive as they are though. I was accidentally sent a store's invoice along with my HT Elder Pred & it had a price of $70.00 each on it. :sick It is upsetting to see that we pay almost double the price a retailer pays....but that's buisiness. :horror I still love my preds either way,better than drinking my money away. :D

Totally agree with ya bro!!!! I had both versions of Scar,Hot Toys & McFarlane's. I sold the McFarlane Scar because it didn't even amount to my HT Scar's dust under his feet IMO. HT's preds has SOOOOO much more accuracy & articulation it's a hands down decision for me. I wish they weren't as expensive as they are though. I was accidentally sent a store's invoice along with my HT Elder Pred & it had a price of $70.00 each on it. :sick It is upsetting to see that we pay almost double the price a retailer pays....but that's buisiness. :horror I still love my preds either way,better than drinking my money away. :D

Hell yeah, bro. At least you something to show for your money!
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol Wow! I never realized the McFarlane Scar looked quite that bad. I wasn't thrilled with their 12" P1 Pred and felt the head was too small, but that looks horrible!

Back