Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection and photo!!

It's going to be very interesting to see if they lower the black band for the corporal and sargeant sandtroopers. I wonder if they will go with the same sculpt or try to make them different in anyway?
Cheers. :duff

Really tempting to just grab another of these as they're so nice. Really like your marmit/HT pair. It'd be great if HT made them slightly different when they put out each of the next ones. That's what's holding me back, these are so specifically weathered and probably safer for me since I don't have any spare parts to just wait on the next one--that's what my bank account tells me anyhow.

Did anyone else have trouble with the leather-like pauldron strap? I went to remove the pauldron to attach the backpack and it came unglued really easily, because that strap on mine was really tight on the armpit. Since the pauldron already has the elastic strap, I just left the leather strap above the shoulder.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450331036.019599.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450331044.269672.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450331053.033793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450331061.491331.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450331069.139943.jpg

Cheers. :duff

Really tempting to just grab another of these as they're so nice. Really like your marmit/HT pair. It'd be great if HT made them slightly different when they put out each of the next ones. That's what's holding me back, these are so specifically weathered and probably safer for me since I don't have any spare parts to just wait on the next one--that's what my bank account tells me anyhow.

Yeah, I can't imagine they won't release the corporal and sergeant version. I just wonder if they will alter the helmet in anyway. Would be awesome if they tried to improve in some small way...in addition to different black bands across the top...or having an adjustable band.

In the meantime, I am upgrading my Marmit's with HT' buckets. A total of (3) HT buckets and (2) HT figures (1) complete stock.

Nice, Sith. You should post another with the Snowtrooper.....would like to see the comparison.

I was momentarily happy to hear the Sandtrooper was in stock because Sideshow is doing free shipping right now for many in stock items. Sadly though, it looks like the Sandtrooper doesn't qualify.

I'm still on the fence with this one because I feel that it's opening the door for troop building and I am not sure I want to go down that road for cost and space reasons. Right now I only have a single regular HT Stormtrooper. But Luke in Stormtrooper disguise is coming today and I plan to mostly display him as a Stormtrooper, so that gives me two. Then of course I know when Han in Stormtrooper disguise comes out I will have to have that one. So that will give me three Stormtroopers. But right now I kind of like the simplicity of my single Stormtrooper, and when ST Luke comes today, I plan to pose a Trooper on either side of Vader. There is something wonderfully simple about having just two Stormtroopers flanking Vader. Perhaps my regular Stormtrooper is just a stand in for Han in Stormtrooper disguise (I'm guessing they should look the same with helmet on but Han would be more versatile of a figure); and perhaps I'll sell my regular trooper down the road.

So anyway, if I get a Sandtrooper, I'll most likely also get SS Biker Scout to go with him, and maybe even a snow trooper down the road. That would make a great display, but just not sure I really have the space for another grouping. Personally, I don't like it when my figures feel overcrowded; individual figures start to get lost in the crowd that way. IMO. I thought though I might pick him up and mess around with it and see if it worked with my set up and if not I could sell him down the road. So being on the fence like this the thought of free shipping was tempting me to go for it, but I think I'll just stay up here on the fence a while longer before I decide one way or another.

It really is a beautiful figure though and I am enjoying everyone's pictures.

Jaymas appreciate the heads up about being in stock at SS. BBTS email yesterday had it coming in 10 days. No need to wait if in stock at SS and I used holiday code got shipping free...ill get it sooner and cheaper.....

Jaymas appreciate the heads up about being in stock at SS. BBTS email yesterday had it coming in 10 days. No need to wait if in stock at SS and I used holiday code got shipping free...ill get it sooner and cheaper.....

Glad you were able to get this sooner and cheaper with the holiday code. I used the holiday code on Vader, otherwise I would have used it for this. $20 or so off really does make a difference when you are on the fence.

For those with the new HT sandtrooper, do you put the little pouch on the back of the belt and have the backpack resting against it? Or do you just not use it and the backpack just rests on the back armour?

For those with the new HT sandtrooper, do you put the little pouch on the back of the belt and have the backpack resting against it? Or do you just not use it and the backpack just rests on the back armour?

I initially left it off as well, but I recently put it back on. I had some trouble with the pack hanging too low and the pouch helps hold it up some.

Kool,

I used the pouch, the first attempt at attaching it was a little difficult getting the elastic band around the belt due to it coming unglued and the elastic material being so stiff. I applied a little Elmers Glue and let it dry before attempting to attach it again. After that it slid on easier and I have it resting in the center of the back. It kind of acts like a buffer between the backpack and the armor, maybe so as to not stain, or damage the armor?

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the pics and tips guys. I used the pouch too which was a pain to put on the belt. But without it the backpack does sit too low and angled against the back armour. In many ways I think that's because HT didnt use a magnet to support the backpack.

I totally prefer the Sideshow method on the Deluxe figure that had the magnet. I always wondered where my spare little pouch on the Sideshow figure was meant to do, and now I know lol. But I never needed it on the Sideshow figure.

I'm editing my vid review now comparing the new HT version with the Sideshow Deluxe. There are pros and cons both ways!

Back