Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think that exchange rate is going anywhere for the foreseeable future, Bo, so time to accept it as the price of being in the hobby. Just the cold reality of it!

Oh I agree. The cold reality is making those tough decisions which I have already made with other releases (i.e.. I own Chewie but not Han).
I need Chewbacca (purchased), I need BD Robocop (purchased), I need Batman Returns (preorder) Sandtrooper was not on my original “need” list. But it is a ****ing cool looking figure!!

I am actually surprised at how many of you can keep affording these figures and collecting so much of the SW line.

Well, in my case I have an exit strategy, haha. If I thought that I'd continue to buy 5+ figures a year indefinitely I would quit the hobby, to be honest.

I kinda wish the sandy was more dirty looking. I don't know if it was just the last shot that was taken in the previous page, but looking over most shots... the weathering seems very light and yellowy. A little bit of earth tone in there, like some brown, would've went a long way. Looks like he slipped and fell in baby diarrhea.

I think the trend is to make it more weathered related to the environment, sand vs soil. Earth tones or dirt doesn't suit the environment. Personally, I liked the soot look, the black grime, vs light sand/dirt weathering. I like them to be movie accurate.

Not complaining, but I do wish someone would get the blasters right. Both SS and now Hot Toys have used a version of the Lewis Gun/T-21 Light Repeating Blaster that is not accureate in shape or size (too small). The HT version is further off than SS's. The Blas-Tech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster is too big and they over emphasize the ribs on the barrel. In the movie the guns look almost like poles with handles, not giant, bulky rifles.

I just buy guns on ebay and modify them to get a more screen accurate version. I'll probably have to modify a Lewis Gun to get that bulky/heavy blaster look that we saw in the movie.

Anyone have a picture of how he looks with Sideshow's Biker Scout and/or Snowtrooper? I don't have any of these figures, but if I pick up the Sandtrooper I am thinking I am opening a door to wanting to make a display with all the main specialty troopers from OT

Rubio posted this excellent photo. My favorite of the trio. Can only imagine it will look even better with the Sandtrooper as they'll all be weathered.

009.jpg

I sure hope HT give us the Scout and Snow Troopers. Sideshow did a good job but the outfits need to little tightening up and HT is the one to do it. I love that shot, those three look great!

Yep, looking forward to an HT Snowie (glad I kept my SSC E-Webb, though). I've kinda gone off the design of the Scout over the years, so not concerned with that one.

Wow, that's a lot of Hot Toys action. Nice!

You can really see what a difference weathering and a new helmet makes.

Back