Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping the pics in this quote, just for awesomeness.

@ James : the pauldron looks not so weathered, and a bit stiff looking. Is that true ? Or photos don't show weathering on pauldron ?
It's exactly like sideshows pauldron its the same material
you are strugglin to turn his head but you can do it.
The thing that surprises me is his back pack how fragile it is just like sideshows.
I thought hot toys would've made it more solid and sturdy

I duno, im not gonna assume anything. There is more than one orange pauldron in the movie, i cant wait for my pair.

It's exactly like sideshows pauldron its the same material
you are strugglin to turn his head but you can do it.
The thing that surprises me is his back pack how fragile it is just like sideshows.
I thought hot toys would've made it more solid and sturdy

Are you saying the HT sandtrooper is just like the SS sandtrooper?

No, but accessories are

That's very sad to me.

But the pouches on the Sideshow are molded plastic -- I thought the HT ones are actual pleather? And the orange pauldron on the SS one is un-weathered vinyl where the HT one looks more realistic and weathered (looks like a better quality pleather too on the neck portion)...?

Do you have the Sideshow Sandtrooper?

That's very sad to me.

But the pouches on the Sideshow are molded plastic -- I thought the HT ones are actual pleather? And the orange pauldron on the SS one is un-weathered vinyl where the HT one looks more realistic and weathered (looks like a better quality pleather too on the neck portion)...?

Do you have the Sideshow Sandtrooper?

That's what I'm seeing...the SSC pouches are molded, unlike the HT (just like the HT Shadow Trooper pouches) and the SSC pauldrons are nylon or a matte vinly, whereas the HT pauldrons are faux-leather, albeit the orange is more worn looking and weathered...

Yes I've still got sideshows pauldron
I haven't got the figure any more I'll have to dig it out
I've got know problem with the pauldron, it's the back pack that's cheap and nasty

Hey can anyone post a picture of the pauldron on the standard glossy stormtrooper, :pray: Would really help, thanks.

Yes cost cutting, and perhaps they even used SS's mould. Moulds are expensive, and for low volume maybe they decided to go this way. If it is just the frame that is fragile/cheap this is not really seen once on the Trooper, so not a big deal to me.

If any one has both a couple of comparison photos would be interesting.

Would also like to see them next to Marmit as well as SSC. At the very least I would love to know what a HT bucket looks like on a Marmit figure.

Back