Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love if they did a dewback for this guy. But highly doubt it somehow. Sideshows looks awesome !

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Would love if they did a dewback for this guy.

This is also a very specific Sandtrooper, not a generic squad leader, so before they go down the creature route, they'd better knock out a few more troops. If they ever tackle creatures, they'd also better come up with a completely different approach - something with figure-like skeletal-based articulation. The whole statue thing has already been done to the 9's.

I would rather they got the last 5% on the helmet correct instead of replicating prop errors, but A for effort, anyway.

I have a Shadow Trooper pauldron which I'll use for a bash at some point; two problems with HT pauldrons:

- Too stiff. I cut into it and removed the unnecessary foam insert.
- Material is wrong, too glossy. That can be remedied.

Exactly what I did with mine :) I toned-down the sheen with some sand pastels.

Brent

This is also a very specific Sandtrooper, not a generic squad leader, so before they go down the creature route, they'd better knock out a few more troops. If they ever tackle creatures, they'd also better come up with a completely different approach - something with figure-like skeletal-based articulation. The whole statue thing has already been done to the 9's.
A Dewback with articulation would be epic ! Imagine a few sand troopers around it. Great display !

C'mon Hot Toys know you're out there. A Dewback is a must here. Imagine the interest with the new films coming out !

Argh. I went ahead and pulled the Ebay trigger and paid a $60 "early-bird" premium to get this guy. These guys need some Official Release Sandy company....

Sandys.jpg

So on wookiepedia it says the pauldron colors. If this is accurate does orange outrank white (don't know anything about military). Makes sense to only have one orange if that's the case.

Black - Enlisted ranks
White - Sergeant
Orange - Squad Leader

Anyone or do i have to go and ask over at the Jedi Council forums? :pfft:

Not a big deal but it kinda bothers me that he has such distinct weathering in the middle of the chest. If you have two troopers, the pattern will be identical. Makes me wish they gave you a 2nd chest plate with a different pattern.

I'm wondering if the weathering can be removed or toned down with rubbing alcohol; that was used to great effect on SSC R2.

Failing that, you can likely very carefully scrape some off with the dull edge of an X-Acto blade without harming the finish. Likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acetone or alc, before scraping, if it must be done. Or you could add weathering to cover the pattern. That would be my choice, as you can remove what you've added, there's no going back when you remove.

So on wookiepedia it says the pauldron colors. If this is accurate does orange outrank white (don't know anything about military). Makes sense to only have one orange if that's the case.

Black - Enlisted ranks
White - Sergeant
Orange - Squad Leader

It makes sense but then a little voice in my head starts whispering that there are two Squad Leaders in the docking bay 94 scene.

Back