Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HT really wants to jump into the 1:6 SW creatures game, my top 5 would be:
  1. Rancor
  2. Wampa
  3. Taun Taun (I have the SS version, but maybe HT could produce a faux fur take)
  4. Nexu
  5. Acklay
So, how big is a Mythosaur supposed to be?

mythosaur-mandalorian.gif

Though I thought it would be Fett, or Mando who "awaken" and ultimately got to ride it, now with the Filoniverse characters taking over the main narrative drive, it's obviously going to be Bo.

Seeing Mando uselessly sink (literally) like a stone in that S3 episode, as Bo became the lead, was telling.

Last edited:
I had an ebay alert set to when a SS Dewback popped-up, I was intrigued that we had quite a few being sold for the last 3 months for such a rare figure. I wonder if folks had any signal the HT one was coming.

The OT Dewback will not look good as a collectible. Unlike other props, models, ships it was meant to be seen for just a few seconds and not more. The details will not translate well in the 1/6 scale or any other scale. In this particular case, idealization is a must. And the OT rough version combined with Mando one was the best choice to get an approximate OT Dewback.

7te8x4.jpg

Can't believe that other beast never became an action figure, expanded u novel, comic book, video-game, superstar!
Who rode in on that thing? Greedo? Hammerhead? Muftak? Sideburn-Spaceman? Snagletooth?
Had to be a whole ExpandedU tale, just for that spurious detail alone, everything else got one. :lol

7te9ld.jpg

Last edited:
Thats him! I’ve been trying to get that SS sandtrooper due to its somewhat alright weathering. Been hard to find one, I believe they used wrong artcover when released, still has the cover from earlier renditions.

First picture is great! You should get a Tatooine backdrop for it, that seals it.
I think HT should provide a backdrop showing the Dewback Rentals shop on the outskirts of Mos Eisley or Mos Espa where the sandtroopers picked this guy up. I'm picturing a Jawa bartering with the commander, telling him dewbacks are the only way to travel across the desert, meanwhile he's got a half dozen sand speeders hidden away in back. :lol

A couple better pics to show proportionality. I definitely think there are elements of the HT that are better than the SS. It has the SS beat in terms of paint and design but I’m not quite sold on the head yet. The accuracy seems right but the open mouth is still giving me a duck billed platypus vibe. Legs seem superior as well as overall girth and size but the saddle doesn’t quite seem right for OT. Hence the confirmation on this being a Mando design. I need more pictures from more angles and a price point before I decide to throw my money down.

It is exciting what this could mean for the future if HT releases.

Attachments

• IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4263.jpeg
    IMG_4263.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4269.jpeg
    IMG_4269.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
A couple better pics to show proportionality. I definitely think there are elements of the HT that are better than the SS. It has the SS beat in terms of paint and design but I’m not quite sold on the head yet. The accuracy seems right but the open mouth is still giving me a duck billed platypus vibe. Legs seem superior as well as overall girth and size but the saddle doesn’t quite seem right for OT. Hence the confirmation on this being a Mando design. I need more pictures from more angles and a price point before I decide to throw my money down.

It is exciting what this could mean for the future if HT releases.

Those are great reference for the size of that setup.

Those are great reference for the size of that setup.
I have mine set up inside a Walmart cube shelf with the center shelves removed. Just needed something big enough to frame the piece and it works pretty well. I have 10 detolfs on that wall with one cube on top of each set of two so 5 cubes housing my bigger Collectables. Just need good size backgrounds for the complete environmental look.

I also used some corner molding to mount and hide the light strip that goes all the way around the rim of the box. I’m wondering g if the new HT will actually fit inside this box or will I have to find somewhere else to display it if I replace my SS version. Questions and more questions.

Attachments

• IMG_4306.jpeg
    IMG_4306.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The OT Dewback will not look good as a collectible. Unlike other props, models, ships it was meant to be seen for just a few seconds and not more. The details will not translate well in the 1/6 scale or any other scale. In this particular case, idealization is a must. And the OT rough version combined with Mando one was the best choice to get an approximate OT Dewback.
The rhino-bod model never was the official "OT Dewback" though. There's a reason the legs and feet aren't visible (not even briefly) in either the movie itself or any of the promotional photos. Lucas never approved of the final design in its entirety, only the "lizard" looking parts that were actually created for the movie. There are several more creatures that never had a complete build, like that sparkly eyed alien that pops up in front of the camera at the cantina. It was just a head with a torchlight jammed into its neck.

The rhino-bod model never was the official "OT Dewback" though. There's a reason the legs and feet aren't visible (not even briefly) in either the movie itself or any of the promotional photos. Lucas never approved of the final design in its entirety

Some believe that Lucas could approve things just by thinking about it.

Back