Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the sideshow version. Paid a decent price compared to this current aftermarket price index. I may upgrade or add this one to the collection depending on pics. Need to see more of this guy and what he can do. Whether it’s a statue or articulated may sway me.

It will look great on top of the detolf -- so you can look up at it in the same angle as its most famous photo...

dewback1.jpg

Almost the same pose as the SS one.
...only with a gaudy paint job and glued-on fake fur. (Ok, I'm being snarky because I don't want to pay the 600 plus this will likely be)

So glad I still have the SSC one. It'll keep doing just fine in the collection. And as nice as this wil likely be, not feeling the urge to replace something I already have and still really like.

But....I am definitely interested on their take for Jabba. Now that's something I would like to replace. Yes, the first SSC one still looks cool on display, but getting a really well-rendered, new-tech printed/painted colors and detailed Hutt would be most welcome.

Now if HT really want to rock the OT house with something that would drop jaws and empty wallets from both OT and newer SW collectors, they could do something...

...LIKE A BANTHA!

Last edited:
Why does it have a mouth chock full of my grandad's teeth? Except they are 100% molars (I smell SE inspiration...).

This looks more like a "realistic/ 1/6" version of the Hasbro Black Series Dewback (with some Sideshow inaccuracies) than the movie prop.

And ugh, more chicken-type feet (the prop had RHINO/elephant feet, peeps...) and why does it have green shag pile carpet all over its top area, and why does the saddle and cloth look nothing like the movie prop's other than general shape of saddlehorn and saddlebags?

And head looks to be 10-20% too small versus onscreen prop.

Oh, and did I mention I'm probably getting this (dependent on distance above $500) simply because I love Dewbacks and I want HT to make a Tauntaun? :lol

Why does it have a mouth chock full of my grandad's teeth? Except they are 100% molars (I smell SE inspiration...).

This looks more like a "realistic/ 1/6" version of the Hasbro Black Series Dewback (with some Sideshow inaccuracies) than the movie prop.

And ugh, more chicken-type feet (the prop had RHINO/elephant feet, peeps...) and why does it have green shag pile carpet all over its top area, and why does the saddle and cloth look nothing like the movie prop's other than general shape of saddlehorn and saddlebags?

And head looks to be 10-20% too small versus onscreen prop.

Oh, and did I mention I'm probably getting this (dependent on distance above $500) simply because I love Dewbacks and I want HT to make a Tauntaun? :lol
I thought I was the only one. But the proportions look off. The SS just looks more balanced. In particular the shape of the head. The HT version looks too small and thin. The teethy smile also don't really help sell it to me. HT mid section also looks fat and lazy with the head not fitting proportionally.

Don't get me wrong I want one of these so bad, it's just aesthetically not 100% there for me. Maybe it's also that angled pic from below etched in my mind from childhood that makes me think the head should be larger ??

The saddle also looks way too long as well.

HT / SS comparison to show what I mean.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 08.34.30.png

Last edited:
Back