Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine from KG Hobby, and it was spotless, I am really happy with it

:exactly:

Got mine from KGH today and he's also spotless. :yess:

In fact, he was placed so deep down in the box, with the bubble rising over him, that it seemed impossible that he could've suffered from a bad case of piles.

Had a minor scare after checking for spots as it looked like his helmet was rubbed on the ridge. But it turned out to be glue residue from the protective pad stuck on the inside of the bubble. :blissy

Well, I figured I’d take them out and see how they looked in the detolf. Honestly I’m pretty happy with them. Spots be damned!

Nah, the closed clamshell over time will be really bad. Wonder how that will actually affect sales down the line on unopened ones?

If mine are spotless and if I move or decide to sell them, I definitely won't be putting them back in the box.

The anticipation is killing me, i got notification from my courier for delivery tomorrow could be my ESB Fett though either way win win situation. Except i have to go away on a business trip for five days.
Oh well what's another weeks wait:thud:

I sent another email asking my supplier in Asia when mine will be sent. Also asked them to make sure to check on the spot. They replied.

"No figure yet, spot check already noted."

Well at least I'll be sure they check it :) but don't think I'll push any more. Otherwise they'll send me one with a spot on purpose. :lol

I sent another email asking my supplier in Asia when mine will be sent. Also asked them to make sure to check on the spot. They replied.

"No figure yet, spot check already noted."

Well at least I'll be sure they check it :) but don't think I'll push any more. Otherwise they'll send me one with a spot on purpose. [emoji38]
Just been sent a picture of the knee area on my Guard after the seller checked it, doesn't look to bad[emoji6]
e96a4082ade5abb0ef540592d7a618f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brendon (Sideshow)

Sep 17, 9:14 AM PDT

Hello Travis,

Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, and for giving us the chance to make this right. I have booked replacement order, #R0077203, to replace the damaged cloak.

This new order will be shipped to the address from your original order once it has been inspected within the next 5-7 business days.

We thank you for your cooperation during our exchange process, please reply if you need any additional help!​
Best Regards,

Brendon Wright
Sideshow Returns Team

--- "cloak" 🤣. Soooo, I guess they're sending me a replacement robe. The whole "replacement order" thing has me confused; as if they're sending me a completely new figure. Definitely a bit confusing.

Just picked mine up from the Post Office, came from KG Hobby and mine is also spotless!
5824d9912bc8a14ca07d5497cf643425.jpg

The figure is deep in the recess of the tray and not close to the outer shell. Unless the knee was bent on some of them it's hard to work out how it would be in contact with the plastic cover.

Not like the fiasco of the Sideshow Jedi Luke where his nose paint had rubbed off against the plastic shell cover.

It does seem like luck of the draw whether your figure spent its time upside-down in the box (with knee planted against clamshell) or rightside-up on its back away from danger.

Its nice to see more turning up without the problem. Still seems better than 50/50 though.

I’m just not going to bother worrying with it anymore. Now that I have them in the case and I can’t see the little places anymore, it’s not as bad as many make it out to be. I doubt any non collectors would ever notice either.

I was annoyed at first over it but I’ve calmed. :lol

1f041f2803a6d9d9dbedceee0755d913.jpg

After a quick iron the 3 marks mine had have gone and the robe drapes much better now the creases have gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back