1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
05b8e8c1bc43dc5b6a88ef612c141186.jpg

Kenobi is the tallest for sure. Dooku would be more so. Wish I still had him.

Last edited:
Easily remedied with some longer foot pegs or extensions. But I would argue that they seem movie accurate to me. Ray Park is only 5?9?, Ewan McGregor is 5?10?, and Temura Morrison is 5?8? at best. So it would seem these figures are quite accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Cody next to ANH reg Stormtrooper.... not as bad as it looked across detolfs but still Cody is shorter. But I can live with this. My real problem is now too-tall Maul. :lol

relative height 1-6-21.jpg

Yup. Hilarious! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, has anyone in Canada who preordered their Cody from a Canadian retailer got theirs yet? I missed out on the preorder window and was hoping there would be stock for sale so I don't have to import one in.

Late to the party, but i'm happy to report that my long-lost package with Cody and Solo Maul has finally landed!

A VERY quick couple of shots out of he box...no real futzing or trying other gear yet.

HT CODY 002.jpg

HT CODY 001.jpg

HT CODY 003.jpg

First impressions, very cool! Difficult to pose with the undersuit, but solid figure. Beautiful deco, sharp paint apps. Gun REALLY hard to get in the very stiff trigger hand and once it's in, it's not going anywhere. Looked at the portrait (not pictured here) and WOW. A very good effort from HT here.

More shots later (end of a long week at work), just really glad he showed up. A special thanks to BBTS for aggressively pursuing the package's fate and getting it to me. Great service, you indeed get what you pay for.

Had a chance to play a bit today with Cody.

It's a nice figure, but....very hard to manipulate the body with the thick undersuit and doesn't have a real wide range of articulation because of that. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but I gotta confess, I enjoyed posing my old Sideshow version more. Extreme care in handling is advised for those just acquiring this one. All of those add-on bits sticking out of the armor require a bit more patience moving him around. Also, the wrist pegs are exceptionally weak. With very little force, I managed to snap the one in the plug-in arm. Good thing there are spares. And yes, another area where Sideshow gets the win with their releases these days, including the wrist peg with every hand that is featured with the figure! I also see why folks are having issues with the plug in arm. It comes of easily and isn't easy to get seated again. I haven't even tried the light-up one yet.

Now so it doesn't sound like I'm just carping on the figure...it is great looking. That pain-in-the-rear undersuit does give it good proportions and the detailing is really well-done. And...it looks good with the other Sideshow 212th releases from way back when. And that portrait is just a show-stopper! I have every confidence that Jango will look just as good once he arrives next year.

Here's some fresh shots...

HT CODY 007.jpg

I know most folks consider the Order 66 transmission pose to be his most iconic moment (and it is), but I really like the moment just prior to him receiving that fateful order. Handing his General back the light saber in that final moment of battlefield comadre' is still one of my favorite moments from the film...

HT CODY 006.jpg

He looks great with the Airborne Trooper and the fellow trooper of the 212th Battalion...

HT CODY 010.jpg

HT CODY 009.jpg

I'll go for some other poses and shots again another time. Hope to see more shots from folks just getting this one. Despite my gripes, it's a good figure.
And now I can display my old Sideshow version with his Phase I helmet!

Just got one from Sideshow using points. Decided to go all in on the Clone Wars line so Cody is a must.

Surprised the status is still pre-order as most of you guys have yours already.

Back