Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emperor finally arrived today. I have no idea what people are talking about with the big hands or no Sith eyes thing.

If you shine a light on his face past the brow of doom his eyes are very clearly unmistakenly sith yellow with red veins like Sith Anakin. In no way are they brown.

His hands are large of you have tiny Trump hands in real life to compare with I guess? :dunno

Very minimalist figure, but done so well. I actually prefer the subtle grin sculpt, Palpatine was no mere growling troll, he was the ultimate schemer and trickster behind the scenes, expression captures the character perfectly. That said a second more serious sculpt should been included in such a bare bones release.

I'm surprised how well the force lightning works, I was expecting it to be silly but it somehow works.

Having him in hand I can finally understand what Lucas meant when he said to McDiarmid he had a good nose!
I agree, it's a great figure with major shelf presence, especially with the chair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Picked him up today. Happy to finally have Sith Master in my collection.
b5b797de4c7bf2cf1fa0255d9c32cd8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Looks spectacular.

I’m really impressed with the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine in and no complaints whatsoever. Read some thinking the robe had issues of being too small, but looks great to me. Kind of wished I kept my preorder for the chair, but I don't have the space and definitely prefer standing

Curious to see some pics of those who feel the eyes are brown vs a pic of those who feel the eyes are more yellow (sith like).

Straight outta the box with no futzing whatsoever. This guy cracks me up, it really looks like a living miniature Ian McDiarmid in his 1983 costume standing on my desk, a few feet away this thing fools my brain into expecting him to chuckle in a chipmunk voice and shoot tiny bolts of lightning at me, sculpt and subtle skinwash is that good! :rotfl

pJ5nVak.jpg

Curious to see some pics of those who feel the eyes are brown vs a pic of those who feel the eyes are more yellow (sith like).

Here you go, flash enabled on my cellphone

5JlaHS4.jpg

The eyes don't pop out as gold on mine, but then again that's something I would never notice anyway unless I got right up close and stared

that looks good to me. I did notice on my it appears more like a brown mustard style of yellow. Still looks good IMO but definitely doesn't look brown to me. More of a brownish yellow I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.jpg
    IMG_2844.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 205
He actually should have a lazy right eye, though it should be pointing more down than up (and the pupils should be larger).

This is clearly the look they were going for.....figuring most collectors were going to create this setup...

I know I am....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back