Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the pose I chose for Uncle Palpy, complete with a little blacklight effect on the force lightning. palpatine.jpg

Best hood futz so far :clap

2nd photo really shows how good the sculpt likeness is.

Ive been scrolling through some back posts and not finding this answer, but how does the throne measure up to the old SS? accuracy wise, weight, detail etc

Ive been scrolling through some back posts and not finding this answer, but how does the throne measure up to the old SS? accuracy wise, weight, detail etc

HT throne is MUCH more accurate than the SSC throne, except: base part (SSC sculpt more accurate,) throne height off the floor (HT is slightly too low, even though people want to lower it for the feet issue,) and color (SSC's more silvery finish is more accurate than HT's black with hint of silver.)

The SSC throne's a bit heavier but not by a huge amount.

Most noticeable improvement HT vs SSC is the "roof" is correctly proportioned and HT throne is like a third deeper than the SSC. The light-up feature is gorgeous (and quite easily switched too) - possibly one of the best I've seen.

All that being said, I placed the HT Palps on my SSC throne and for some reason (other than lights) the SSC still looked fine, so people shouldn't feel compelled to get it IMO. The more silvery color of the SSC throne works much better for display purposes than the darker HT throne too. I think it just comes down to the fact that the throne really isn't one of the "biggie" iconic/cool SW designs (unlike say the probot as I mentioned earlier) and the SSC throne, despite inaccuracies, looks fine.

After seeing what's underneath the outer robe, the thought of palpatine going around murdering people in his bath robe seems hilarious :rotfl

Best hood futz so far :clap

2nd photo really shows how good the sculpt likeness is.

I have to give credit, I think I stole the hood futz from Chakaman's picture.

That’s some fine futzing.

Looks great Wor-Gar, nice shots!

these pics made me excited for this figure for the first time since in hand photos came out. Bravo Wor!

Superb futz! Good stuff!

Throne futz looking damn good sir

See.....as I said, proper futzing (meaning not just taking it out of the box and sitting him in the chair) and you get a really good look....

Nice job Wor.

Nice lighting in this picture Wor-Gar :clap

WOW! Thank you to all. :bow

I really wasn't sure about the pose, for some reason I had a hell of a time trying to get a few pictures of him that didn't go fuzzy or look awkward. But Emperor in the throne is a real eye-catcher. Creates genuine presence.

I switched out the 'hand pose' (2nd pic below) but never got a satisfactory shot before I lost the light, though the more harsh shadows on the face the better that sick grin is.

Emp 9.jpgEmp 4.jpg

What do you think of the eyes, now that you have him in hand? Still disappointing?

I do wish they were more yellow than mustard so they would pop more, especially under the throne light (which is awesome). But overall, he's still a great little figure and far-and-away the best representation of the Emperor in 1/6th ever.

Back