Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Never used BBTS for anything, seems US based so I imagine there's a bit of a risk when importing into the UK? or rather more of a risk than buying from eBay and having the package marked down. 20% taxes on this would be YAHUUGE if stopped at customs, but oddly still worth it.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Never used BBTS for anything, seems US based so I imagine there's a bit of a risk when importing into the UK? or rather more of a risk than buying from eBay and having the package marked down. 20% taxes on this would be YAHUUGE if stopped at customs, but oddly still worth it.

Don't a lot of guys in the UK like Timcent for those very reasons?

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

No shotgun'd hand, no care.
With a blown-off hand, they would have had to also include an appropriate alternate head sculpt. That would have been enough to tilt the scales for me. As it stands, I'll get BD Robo (along with my clean version) and be happy with that.
HOWEVER: If they had waited a bit, and presented this tactical Murphy in a set with Officer Lewis (Nancy Allen) THAT would be a must-have set for me.
I suppose there's a very remote chance down the road, but they would have to secure the rights to another facial likeness... I won't hold my breath.
Hot Toys always seems to ignore female characters unless they are total sex-bombs; example: We got ALIEN Kane (yellow) and Dallas (red), but no Lambert (blue). To me, this is a highly iconic trio... but Lambert, Veronica Cartwright, just wasn't 'sexy' enough for HT... I suspect they feel the same way about Officer Lewis, but I MUST PROTEST on that point; I think Nancy Allen more than qualifies in the 'sex-bomb' department. Besides- it would be a great set to have on the shelf, don't you agree?

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

With a blown-off hand, they would have had to also include an appropriate alternate head sculpt. That would have been enough to tilt the scales for me. As it stands, I'll get BD Robo (along with my clean version) and be happy with that.
HOWEVER: If they had waited a bit, and presented this tactical Murphy in a set with Officer Lewis (Nancy Allen) THAT would be a must-have set for me.
I suppose there's a very remote chance down the road, but they would have to secure the rights to another facial likeness... I won't hold my breath.
Hot Toys always seems to ignore female characters unless they are total sex-bombs; example: We got ALIEN Kane (yellow) and Dallas (red), but no Lambert (blue). To me, this is a highly iconic trio... but Lambert, Veronica Cartwright, just wasn't 'sexy' enough for HT... I suspect they feel the same way about Officer Lewis, but I MUST PROTEST on that point; I think Nancy Allen more than qualifies in the 'sex-bomb' department. Besides- it would be a great set to have on the shelf, don't you agree?

I don't think we'll ever see a full-on BD Murphy (more like Mincemeat Murphy) from Hot Toys. It's just too gruesome for that company's tastes. We've gotten BD Terminators and a BD Luke, but that isn't the same, I guess.

As for the lack of Lewis, it just may come down to sales projections.

$439?? GREAT price ..sorta:rotfl! POed !

The set is a better value. Considering it's not a DX, there's no diecast and there are no sound features, at $295 BD RoboCop might be the most expensive 12-inch figure in HT's history.

No doubt about that....ridiculous for non DX non diecast!

Don't a lot of guys in the UK like Timcent for those very reasons?

Dunno, he's an eBay seller right? can't seem to find his profile. I usually buy from Loonten as he's fairly reasonably priced for just about everything.

testing.jpg
I think this are the area that needs improvement. Just my personal thoughts. Cheers.

Dunno, he's an eBay seller right? can't seem to find his profile. I usually buy from Loonten as he's fairly reasonably priced for just about everything.

Yep, timcent88. A lot of guys over in Europe swear by him, but Loonten is good as well.

GRRRR NRD if I order from SS. What to do. Wait closer to the release methinks, but this is an easy purchase...
Since there is no exclusive, why not buy from Urban Samurai or Toy Square? You potentially save a fair bit on duties and a little on shipping.

PS - Anyone else surprised at the lack of exclusives for SSC? Nothing for either Han and Chewie or this set.

Almost $500 folks for two figures how can you guys be saying great price???

Thumbs up in advance to the first person that attaches the Luke Skywalker severed stump arm to the Murphy figure.

Almost $500 folks for two figures how can you guys be saying great price???
I wasn't trilled with the price but its an insta buy for me

Since there is no exclusive, why not buy from Urban Samurai or Toy Square? You potentially save a fair bit on duties and a little on shipping.

PS - Anyone else surprised at the lack of exclusives for SSC? Nothing for either Han and Chewie or this set.

An exclusive drill and/or a piece of plastic with a reflective sticker, to replicate a piece of scrap metal, would've been nice.

$300 was very steep for me with the DX 13, but Compare that figure to what you receive with the stand alone BD Robocop? **** man BD Robocop is way way overpriced. I might have to trick myself into thinking I'm paying $300 for Chewbacca (which I thought would be his cost with all that hair) and $250 for BD Robocop ( which would be more reasonable)

Will this sell out fast? Love the set, but I don't mind waiting a few months to knock of $20. From the Boba Fett PF yesterday and this reveal today and the armories and regular DC Robocop coming out, my wallet really needs a breather... :lol

I'm not seeing it in the description but I just wanted to confirm, this BD version is NOT die cast (except the extra gun), correct?

$300 was very steep for me with the DX 13, but Compare that figure to what you receive with the stand alone BD Robocop? **** man BD Robocop is way way overpriced. I might have to trick myself into thinking I'm paying $300 for Chewbacca (which I thought would be his cost with all that hair) and $250 for BD Robocop ( which would be more reasonable)
Yep, no doubt this hobby really distorts one's perception of 'value'.

Will this sell out fast? Love the set, but I don't mind waiting a few months to knock of $20. From the Boba Fett PF yesterday and this reveal today and the armories and regular DC Robocop coming out, my wallet really needs a breather... :lol

I'm not seeing it in the description but I just wanted to confirm, this BD version is NOT die cast (except the extra gun), correct?
I'd be blown away if this sold out before release or at least close to it. Given what HT likely paid for the likeness rights, I'm assuming they are going to want to sell every set they can.

And yep, no diecast (aside from gun, as you say) or sound feature with this one. Really surprised by that, myself. Expected this to be a carbon-copy of the regular, but just with parts switched out to accommodate the battle damage.

Come on, man, you can't give up on him! Not on RoboJesus!

roboaim.jpg

robojesus.jpg

I ship all my figures to a freight forwarder in Blaine wa. So no duty and no excessive shipping costs and I get stock when it's released not a month later.

Any takers that just want the bd robocop want to go splits on the set? Pm me if so.

Back