Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures

Yeah, for the unfortunate people in the UK (such as myself) it's an almost 2016 / early 2016 release at best. Unless this is nearly ready to go into production and we're all pleasantly surprised. BUT! doubtful as we all know.

Funny I say this and then look at CDUK who themselves have put a place holder of October 2015 on the item. I hope it's not delayed that long into next year.

Re: Article: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures

I've notice delays mentioned on a lot of the threads I read. Has that just become a staple of hot toys now?

I've notice delays mentioned on a lot of the threads I read. Has that just become a staple of hot toys now?

Pretty much the norm now it seems, I'm sure it wasn't like this a few years ago.

Does anyone know if this is going to be "limited" in that it won't be available to all sellers and will sell out in advance of the actual release date (i.e. no more being made past a certain point?). Basically, is there ANY point in pre-ordering or is it safe to wait closer to the actual date.

Pretty much the norm now it seems, I'm sure it wasn't like this a few years ago.

Does anyone know if this is going to be "limited" in that it won't be available to all sellers and will sell out in advance of the actual release date (i.e. no more being made past a certain point?). Basically, is there ANY point in pre-ordering or is it safe to wait closer to the actual date.

Nothing HT does is limited now, except the rare IM variant. You will not have a problem getting this close to release date also, as many people cancel and forfeit their NRD as a result of ordering everything that comes out.

I wouldn't worry at all.

I think it is safe to say that if HT produces Robocop2 and as a incentive for collectors to double dip they will have one clean body with alternative (or maybe two) unmasked head and BD helmet with diorama base. Perhaps even at a slightly lower price. Sell the Robocop 1 figures at a premium and then price slightly lower with additional goodies for R2 double dip. Why not all the parts will be recycled anyway!!

Lets not discuss which movie you prefer………just saying for R2 double dips

Nothing HT does is limited now, except the rare IM variant. You will not have a problem getting this close to release date also, as many people cancel and forfeit their NRD as a result of ordering everything that comes out.

I wouldn't worry at all.

Thanks :) might have to do that, ToyHQ aren't filling me with confidence due to a complete lack of replies to emails and the fact they charged £9.99 delivery on top of the pre-order, which I won't be receiving for upwards of a year. That was cheeky, no explanation why either.

This won't be appearing on Loonten's listings for quite some time I suspect, scratch that... it won't be appearing anywhere for some time due to the fact it's Hot Toys and they sure do like to drag things out for as long as possible. Anyone else guessing 2016 before it sees the light of day?

I sent loontentoys a message asking when the figures will be up and he said later in the month so all is well again lol. He really has the best prices on ebay.

Last edited:

I sent loontentoys a message asking when the figures will be up and he said later in the month so all is well again lol. He really has the best prices on ebay.

You mean for THIS one as well? if so, I'm buying with him then (closer to release, sometime next millennium).

But you still have the issue of import duty to factor in. Does anyone here have any idea on how much duty would have to be paid on such an item from Hong Kong to the UK?

I'm really hoping now that they've got the clean Robo done there won't be SUCH a long delay on this figure. Hopefully whatever wrinkles were causing the months and months and months of delay with that figure have now been ironed out and the way might possibly be clearer for this one.

Fingers crossed.

But you still have the issue of import duty to factor in. Does anyone here have any idea on how much duty would have to be paid on such an item from Hong Kong to the UK?

It depends what value the sender puts on the package. My orders from HK have been labelled as gifts, but as the awesome HMRC even charge tax on the cost of the shipping, I've still ended up with around £15 to pay (£5 tax and £10 for the pleasure of being charged it).

It depends what value the sender puts on the package. My orders from HK have been labelled as gifts, but as the awesome HMRC even charge tax on the cost of the shipping, I've still ended up with around £15 to pay (£5 tax and £10 for the pleasure of being charged it).

Thanks Para50. £15 is more than acceptable but I'm probably gonna wait for Zavvi or Forbidden Planet to put it up for pre-order and bear the longer wait to save money.

robomill.jpg

Diorama base of that environment would have been sweet!!!

That or a diorama of the corporate headquarters meeting room at the end with all the screens in the background. That would be epic

Back