Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
April or so, I think. If theres any more toy-shows we might see more pics but otherwise I think we're waiting till its in people's hands.

The other day I ordered this from FP.com. Why not. If I really can't get it come the time I can cancel there without charge or embarrassment.

I preordered mine, (I forget where, but it was the same deal, no issue with cancelling)... still though, am I imagining things, or is there not very much hype around this figure?
Community, I am disappoint. :dunno

I preordered mine, (I forget where, but it was the same deal, no issue with cancelling)... still though, am I imagining things, or is there not very much hype around this figure?
Community, I am disappoint. :dunno

Its been another divisive figure. We've got hardline accuracy guys not happy with it at all, hardline HT fans who don't want to hear a bad word said about it and people in the middle who are happy to just order it and stay the **** away from the thread! :lol

I can't preorder this until I see the Enterbay Endo. They have been knocking it out of the park with the Terminator franchise. I have a feeling their Endo will be better.

EB certainly have a chance now to look at what HT have done and find ways to make theirs better. I'd call it a certainty that they will make theirs better except we've never seen them tackle something like this before.

Its been another divisive figure. We've got hardline accuracy guys not happy with it at all, hardline HT fans who don't want to hear a bad word said about it and people in the middle who are happy to just order it and stay the **** away from the thread! :lol

I haven't been keeping up on this thread for a few reasons, first its 1:4 scale, something I don't want to dive into yet, second the head looks cool but not acturate, I'm not a acturatsie nut but they over did the mean look with the eyes, I know theres alot more issues with the acturateness but if the head looked right I could forgive other issues but thats not the case. I will wait until they reveal the 1:6 version:impatient:

I haven't been keeping up on this thread for a few reasons, first its 1:4 scale, something I don't want to dive into yet, second the head looks cool but not acturate, I'm not a acturatsie nut but they over did the mean look with the eyes, I know theres alot more issues with the acturateness but if the head looked right I could forgive other issues but thats not the case. I will wait until they reveal the 1:6 version:impatient:

Yeah I mean I agree with the guys complaining about the accuracy that this is off. However I still think it looks pretty cool, moreso in the toy-show shots than in the proto shots. I can't help myself when it comes to Terminator figures so even though I don't think its as good and as accurate as it should be I will still hopefully buy it.

Yeah I mean I agree with the guys complaining about the accuracy that this is off. However I still think it looks pretty cool, moreso in the toy-show shots than in the proto shots. I can't help myself when it comes to Terminator figures so even though I don't think its as good and as accurate as it should be I will still hopefully buy it.

That's pretty much my sentiment, as well. I'd like to wait for the EB version of this, but I don't want to miss the preorder price for the HT version, in case the EB winds up being a disappointment...ho-hum, decisions, decisions!

Theres still hope that like many of the hot toys figure that got revised from prototype to production that this will be updated. If I were hot toys I would want this to be perfect cause its there first dive in 1:4 scale and at the price range this is at, remaking it in a couple of years cause you ******ed it up the first time will not fly with most collectors.

I actually really look forward to this.. more so then the QS-001.

Also not a huge accuracy nerd, and i'm fine with what HT made. I walked by Toy Hunters the other day, and they still have it on display, i was still impressed with it. It has such a menacing presence, and the chrome is well done and shiny enough that i could see a warped reflection off it.

As much of a EB fan i am, the HT one for me is preferred. EB rumored that they are going to make theirs out of metal. I think plastic will do just fine, and i prefer it to be lighter. HT has been making Terminators, and other robots for years. They have the working components and pistons all worked out, and i have full confidence that this design will have no joint problems.

I have the EB - T800 Arnie. One of the accessories was the endo hand that was also made out of metal. That wasen't the greatest looking thing, the colors weren't really good, and the shape i felt was a little warpped. EB has a track record of QC problems with their human bodies, although all my 1/4's are fine. But diving into their first non-human figure, in metal, with a bunch of pistons and wires... like i said, i'm a huge EB fan, and even i don't trust them pulling off something spectacular.

EB's version will probably make be battle damage / wear and tear. It will be heavier, probably more expensive.

Last edited:
this is going to be on the market for a long ass time, the Ex isn't even sold out through SS yet. I have a feeling EB will show theirs next year, so why no wait and get which ever version is better? EB has seen what HT has done, so they can make theirs even better.

this is going to be on the market for a long ass time, the Ex isn't even sold out through SS yet. I have a feeling EB will show theirs next year, so why no wait and get which ever version is better? EB has seen what HT has done, so they can make theirs even better.

Patience has always payed off for me :exactly: :goodpost:

Stanlore, next time you go by toy hunters, snap some pics or a quick vid? Not many going around. There was a good x3 vids on YouTube that have since been taken down.
And this whole Enterbay vs Hottoys thing, either way we (I) win!!!

They don't have anywhere near the experience or connections in the industry that HT does. You make your own mind up, but I know I won't be giving them more of my cash until they have a more established track record.

I think I need to PO this from Sideshow since I want the extra rifle, only one will not do... especially if you want it to look like the opening to T2 :D

They don't have anywhere near the experience or connections in the industry that HT does. You make your own mind up, but I know I won't be giving them more of my cash until they have a more established track record.

Yet they've taken HT to school with the quality of their sculpts in the last year. :lecture

The main thing EB has to improve on is QC. If you buy EB from a reputable seller, they will take care of you should you have QC issues, and it's not like HT hasn't had their share of QC nightmares.

Yet they've taken HT to school with the quality of their sculpts in the last year. :lecture

The main thing EB has to improve on is QC. If you buy EB from a reputable seller, they will take care of you should you have QC issues, and it's not like HT hasn't had their share of QC nightmares.

That really is a matter of opinion about HT being schooled. You were going on, an on about the DX12 inaccuracies, and while I agree with some of your points, they were so insignificant when I actually saw it, it's as if you were talking about a different figure. I like some of EB stuff, but it just doesn't translate to the final product when you receive it. 1/4 scale figures really aren't my thing and EB would really have to do something amazing to get my attention and cash. And stop giving their figures that red, teary eyed look they give them. :gah::lol

That really is a matter of opinion about HT being schooled. You were going on, an on about the DX12 inaccuracies, and while I agree with some of your points, they were so insignificant when I actually saw it, it's as if you were talking about a different figure. I like some of EB stuff, but it just doesn't translate to the final product when you receive it. 1/4 scale figures really aren't my thing and EB would really have to do something amazing to get my attention and cash. And stop giving their figures that red, teary eyed look they give them. :gah::lol

Just like HT needs to stop giving their sculpts that soft look with freckles randomly sprayed all over them :lol

And DX12 inaccuracies being insignificant - please, don't try to sell me that nonsense. A figure which represents HT's umteenth attempt at a particular cowl and yet gets the shape fundamentally wrong, not to mention the likeness and the googly eyes. Yeah. Very insignificant. :cuckoo:

Soft sculpt?! Whatever that means. Exaggerations aside...buy more figures and stop looking at photos, because they are two very different beasts. "I know, but I don't care" comes to mind whenever I look at how stunning the DX12 looks with all my other figures. I'm sure I'm not in the minority on this forum that holds that opinion after plying around with the figure in person.

Back