Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5d1adea1057627e87da66dba94e214a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best first post ever. Looks absolutely incredible. Like a different figure altogether. If you are ever itching for a second post a good tutorial would be much appreciated.

Hi guys, just like to say thanks for all your feedback on Wicket, very much appreciated. To answer some of your questions I use acrylic paint and thinned down with loads of water.... also I used hair spray to keep it all in place, the hood I washed in cellulose thinners ..... if you try this be careful as it can melt it so be quick.... and some dark brown shoe polish for the dark areas... buff it up a bit to make it look like leather. Anyway thanks again guys

Hi guys, just like to say thanks for all your feedback on Wicket, very much appreciated. To answer some of your questions I use acrylic paint and thinned down with loads of water.... also I used hair spray to keep it all in place, the hood I washed in cellulose thinners ..... if you try this be careful as it can melt it so be quick.... and some dark brown shoe polish for the dark areas... buff it up a bit to make it look like leather. Anyway thanks again guys

Brown or black paint? And thats the stock hood? I thought it was custom due to how much better it looks.

We will watch your career with great interest.

Brown or black paint? And thats the stock hood? I thought it was custom due to how much better it looks.

We will watch your career with great interest.
Wet the fur first and gather some fur together to make a spike , I then used brown (Raw Umber) and a touch of black with loads of water.... wash the roots but leave the tips.... if it goes to dark a bit of buff on the ends help... let it all dry so the fur is all standing up... spiky like... get some hair spray and with a brush paint each spike... one at a time... and bend it down with the brush .... hope that make sense

Honestly it's one of the biggest upgrades I ever remember seeing done to a figure. Bob absolutely nailed Wicket. Proof that the figure "can" be near perfect.

Thanks for posting the pics and the information! Pardon my ignorance but I'm curious about using cellulose thinner on the hood. Does this alone give it the more correct burnt orange/brown color you achieved? Or did you use also acrylic paint on the hood mixed with the thinner to get that look? Thanks again, congrats on the best 1/6 Wicket of all time!

Thanks for posting the pics and the information! Pardon my ignorance but I'm curious about using cellulose thinner on the hood. Does this alone give it the more correct burnt orange/brown color you achieved? Or did you use also acrylic paint on the hood mixed with the thinner to get that look? Thanks again, congrats on the best 1/6 Wicket of all time!

a4bde7eb73a66bba251e5ce6435bfa90.jpg

This is what the hood looks like after it?s been in cellulose thinners.... just soak it in thinners for a few seconds, rub your fingers over it to get thing?s shifting dip it back in thinners for a few more seconds... get out and wash it straight away.... the bit on top ( with knots on it ) might come off but don?t worry, let it dry and glue that top bit back on.... the bit that goes over the top of the hood needs pulling in to give you that crease ( look inside the hood you can see the end give that a pull) stretch the face opening to make it slightly bigger ... then do the shoe polish bit on the front.... and that?s it.... no paint needed.... easy ..... if it goes wrong not my fault [emoji3][emoji3]

Bob, I think you need to share some of the other figures you have back there, particularly any customs.

Are you familiar with the custom section here? If not, please go check it out -- see top of page of Star Wars section. I think your contributions would be very welcome.

Bob, I think you need to share some of the other figures you have back there, particularly any customs.

Are you familiar with the custom section here? If not, please go check it out -- see top of page of Star Wars section. I think your contributions would be very welcome.

Thanks.... but l?m on it all the time... just don?t say anything... but I?ll have a go and join in a bit more thanks

a4bde7eb73a66bba251e5ce6435bfa90.jpg

This is what the hood looks like after it?s been in cellulose thinners.... just soak it in thinners for a few seconds, rub your fingers over it to get thing?s shifting dip it back in thinners for a few more seconds... get out and wash it straight away.... the bit on top ( with knots on it ) might come off but don?t worry, let it dry and glue that top bit back on.... the bit that goes over the top of the hood needs pulling in to give you that crease ( look inside the hood you can see the end give that a pull) stretch the face opening to make it slightly bigger ... then do the shoe polish bit on the front.... and that?s it.... no paint needed.... easy ..... if it goes wrong not my fault [emoji3][emoji3]
Thanks so much for the walk through Bob! And duly noted about the risks of the thinner. I have two Wickets so I'll get together what I need and try to give this a go on one when I find the time. I got this book as a kid when I was sick and you have really nailed the look! Cheers :duff
0f62219d52c18e32458f15d5483b1957.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the walk through Bob! And duly noted about the risks of the thinner. I have two Wickets so I'll get together what I need and try to give this a go on one when I find the time. I got this book as a kid when I was sick and you have really nailed the look! Cheers :duff
0f62219d52c18e32458f15d5483b1957.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thats ok mate... remember less is more.... you can always put more on not so easy getting it off

Back