Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great video from Justin. The Leia does look quite nice - it's my least favorite Leia outfit behind the Ewok village/Woodstock outfit - but can't really agree regarding the Leia heads re: this version being better than the Hoth.

The Endor version may have paint apps that are a tiny notch better than the Hoth version, but to me in the Hoth version the face came out slightly more rounded and "Leia-ish" than in either the Bespin or Endor versions, which seem more thin and gaunt to me. The Bespin version was immediately visible in-hand as soon as I unboxed it.

Both this version and the Bespin version look a lot like Eleven from Stranger Things to me. Maybe a hair dryer could be used to widen the face slightly - maybe it's just minor distortion. It's really unfortunate we didn't get a new Leia sculpt this time out though - the sculpt is solid but it's hardly a "wow, they totally nailed it" likeness and expression - all versions are maybe 8/10 for likeness and all have that dead-eyes look.

I can forgive the visible joints because this is the outfit that Leia has a lot of action/fighting in, so more extreme poses are necessary. But jeez, high end seamless bodies have been around for something close to ten years now - you'd think HT would have figured out a chemical mix that would prevent the flaking.

Beautiful set of figures. Very impressed with Wicket although he does need a little color on the lighter patches of fur. Articulation on him is fantastic. Leia looks great. I love that sculpt but having it in hand I do wish there were a different expression included like they did with Luke.

Few quick pics. More when my stand is finished.

View attachment 487062

View attachment 487063

View attachment 487064

View attachment 487065

Wow! Great shots, Coco. It does look like an impressive set. I really like the shot of Leia holding Wicket's hand. Always a little more fun when character moments can be captured with the figures.

Looking forward to more shots as you explore the set a bit more.

Another great video from Justin. The Leia does look quite nice - it's my least favorite Leia outfit behind the Ewok village/Woodstock outfit - but can't really agree regarding the Leia heads re: this version being better than the Hoth.

The Endor version may have paint apps that are a tiny notch better than the Hoth version, but to me in the Hoth version the face came out slightly more rounded and "Leia-ish" than in either the Bespin or Endor versions, which seem more thin and gaunt to me. The Bespin version was immediately visible in-hand as soon as I unboxed it.

Both this version and the Bespin version look a lot like Eleven from Stranger Things to me. Maybe a hair dryer could be used to widen the face slightly - maybe it's just minor distortion. It's really unfortunate we didn't get a new Leia sculpt this time out though - the sculpt is solid but it's hardly a "wow, they totally nailed it" likeness and expression - all versions are maybe 8/10 for likeness and all have that dead-eyes look.

I can forgive the visible joints because this is the outfit that Leia has a lot of action/fighting in, so more extreme poses are necessary. But jeez, high end seamless bodies have been around for something close to ten years now - you'd think HT would have figured out a chemical mix that would prevent the flaking.

This reminds me of the original sandtrooper base that was recast and recast and recast and by the time it became the snow trooper base it was so warped the base buckled and wobbled. We are lucky at this point Leia's head hasn't become like a RotJ Stormtrooper Helmet :lol

Loved the look of these at the cons over the years and really loving the pics and Justin's video.
Definite 2pk buy for me.
Bring on the Ewoks Hot toys!!

This reminds me of the original sandtrooper base that was recast and recast and recast and by the time it became the snow trooper base it was so warped the base buckled and wobbled. We are lucky at this point Leia's head hasn't become like a RotJ Stormtrooper Helmet :lol

:lol :lol

My favorite irony is that at least here in the states China is synonymous with horrible give you cancer, lead poisoning and easily crumble in your hands quality yet the most expensive high end action figures are made there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonder why we didn't get this little base Wicket had when he was first revealed?

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-016.jpg

Beautiful set of figures. Very impressed with Wicket although he does need a little color on the lighter patches of fur. Articulation on him is fantastic. Leia looks great. I love that sculpt but having it in hand I do wish there were a different expression included like they did with Luke.

Few quick pics. More when my stand is finished.

View attachment 487062

View attachment 487063

View attachment 487064

View attachment 487065

Can't wait to see what your stand looks like finished. Are you going to support Wicket with anything?

I started to order a second Leia from Toys Wonderland (I have the set on order at Sideshow) and decided to just order a second set. Not sure what I'll do with a second Wicket but the extra helmets can be used with my Mando when he gets here and/or a custom Death Star Trooper. The extra Wicket might just end up on my desk...because he's darned cute :)

Yeah looking at that Wicket proto again I see what Justin means about it looking a bit rough and cobbled together. They did a better job applying the hair on the production version.

I started to order a second Leia from Toys Wonderland (I have the set on order at Sideshow) and decided to just order a second set. Not sure what I'll do with a second Wicket but the extra helmets can be used with my Mando when he gets here and/or a custom Death Star Trooper. The extra Wicket might just end up on my desk...because he's darned cute :)

The stormtrooper helmet looks really nice. Eventually I think want to try to make an Ewok glider to display with my extra Wicket.

As much as I think Leia came out looking great I went just for the Ewok.

I?m posing him killing my retarded ROTJ stormtrooper lol

Hoth Leia costume > Endor Leia costume

Last edited:
Yeah looking at that Wicket proto again I see what Justin means about it looking a bit rough and cobbled together. They did a better job applying the hair on the production version.

Yeah the first reveal was last year's SDCC and I went in person, it definitely looked like you're describing. Later on during the Con I swear it was coming apart a bit lol.

He looked pretty ratty at the con lol

Ewoks aren?t homeless they shower before consuming their human prey.

Last edited:
Ordered this from Toys Buying Agent on June 3rd with the faster shipping option and FedEx just dropped it off. Now that?s fast. Can?t wait to open them up.

Hey Cocoboloboy apart from the quick shipping how did you find the overall service of TBA? Was it packaged well and do they come with the shipper boxes?

Cheers

I ended up ordering the 2-pack and then two of the single Leia figure. I?m sort of tempted to get a second Wicket. I just love this set so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back