Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highly doubt we'll get more Ewoks, Wicket is the only one that most people would even be able to name.

Looks good to me. The only real knock is the exposed joints on leia. I wonder an arm swap is possible?

Highly doubt we'll get more Ewoks, Wicket is the only one that most people would even be able to name.

This guy would sell well, I reckon. Teebo is the one I always remember from childhood. Maybe they'll do another Ewok for the ROTJ 40th anniversary in 2023.

Teebo.jpg

I would definitely get Teebo and Logray. A 2-pack would be amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the new Father/Son video really shows the set well. While $400+ still seems a little high, when it's all spread out and the various features are shown, it does look like more of a bang for the buck than the Jawa/Gonk set. Wicket does fare better here. Still think the chest and face fur is a bit too light, but it's offset in a good way with how well done the overall fur suit is on the figure. Really dig the "treat" hand too...cool touch. I'm with those who would welcome more ewoks from HT.

Leia also looks really good. The paint apps on this oft-used portrait are exceptional. While the "snap on/off" hair piece is a nice innovation for switching out to the helmet, I'm a little concerned about scratching the paint on the sculpt switching back and forth. The exposed joints on the arms aren't so much of a bother, especially considering they were revealed on the prototype, so no bait-n-switch here. The effect of the joints can be minimized with some artful angles and strategic posing when taking photos.

The stands are certainly a step up from the cheap looking "poop muffin" ones that come with the Jawa/Gonk set. The decent selection of attachments and the different "terrain" cards on each stand allow for a good mini-diorama set up and having all of the accessories to be effectively included with the display. Really nice touch having the inside of the Stormie helmet finished off with the helmet interior.

The video shows off this set quite well. Had a little chuckle on how fast the youngling disappeared from the video this time. The older boy definitely knows how to behave during the presentation. I still think it's pretty cool that Dad includes the kids with his videos. Always look forward to seeing them. This video makes me really look forward to the set now.

Last edited:
I think the new Father/Son video really shows the set well. While $400+ still seems a little high, when it's all spread out and the various features are shown, it does look like more of a bang for the buck than the Jawa/Gonk set. Wicket does fare better here. Still think the chest and face fur is a bit too light, but it's offset in a good way with how well done the overall fur suit is on the figure. Really dig the "treat" hand too...cool touch. I'm with those who would welcome more ewoks from HT.

Leia also looks really good. The paint apps on this oft-used portrait are exceptional. While the "snap on/off" hair piece is a nice innovation for switching out to the helmet, I'm a little concerned about scratching the paint on the sculpt switching back and forth. The exposed joints on the arms aren't so much of a bother, especially considering they were revealed on the prototype, so no bait-n-switch here. The effect of the joints can be minimized with some artful angles and strategic posing when taking photos.

The stands are certainly a step up from the cheap looking "poop muffin" ones that come with the Jawa/Gonk set. The decent selection of attachments and the different "terrain" cards on each stand allow for a good mini-diorama set up and having all of the accessories to be effectively included with the display. Really nice touch having the inside of the Stormie helmet finished off with the helmet interior.

The video shows off this set quite well. Had a little chuckle on how fast the youngling disappeared from the video this time. The older boy definitely knows how to behave during the presentation. I still think it's pretty cool that Dad includes the kids with his videos. Always look forward to seeing them. This video makes me really look forward to the set now.
I am mostly in agreement. I think Wicket turned out even better than it appeared early on. His fur is not just one color shade there is some variation in there. I think minor color blending like with Chewie will really make Wicket a pretty great looking little figure.

I do wish the bases matched the deluxe Luke, but these were never misrepresented like with the Jawas. Still nice though.

Aside from the joints(which you correctly point out have always looked that way)I think Leia looks pretty nice too. Kinda torn on her sculpt. I would like to see them try something new, but then again it's better they use the already nice sculpt that exists rather than release something not as good. I'm not sure they would be able to improve. An alternate sculpt like the one below would have been nice to go with the wee furball but is just my wishful thinking.
5fccc62a509b005933a39c93fac92ee8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

That would have been a nice touch having an additional portrait with the expression like that shot. Probably would've added another $100....

I still think it's pretty cool that Dad includes the kids with his videos. Always look forward to seeing them. This video makes me really look forward to the set now.

Totally agree, its a cool bit of bonding to watch.

How fast do you guys think the 2 pack will sell out at sideshow? Seems like the star wars stuff lately comes out and then sells out quick followed by a giant surge in price. Trying to decide if I should jump on it now or wait till it's been out a couple of months.

How fast do you guys think the 2 pack will sell out at sideshow? Seems like the star wars stuff lately comes out and then sells out quick followed by a giant surge in price. Trying to decide if I should jump on it now or wait till it's been out a couple of months.

Lately it seems you had better get on it sooner than later. Star Wars figures haven't been hanging around like they used to after they start shipping. In a couple cases have sold out after Hong Kong release before Sideshow has even received them. Could be second runs based on wait list but who knows?

Back