1/6 Hot Toys PPS003 Captain America: Civil War Iron Man Mark XLVI Power Pose Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys PPS Captain America: Civil War Iron Man Mark XLVI Power Pose Figure

Wonder if they'll be able to pull off all those LED's on the articulated version.

Re: Hot Toys PPS Captain America: Civil War Iron Man Mark XLVI Power Pose Figure

Wonder if they'll be able to pull off all those LED's on the articulated version.

I wonder the same thing. I assume it could potentially be a QC nightmare.

HT won't have a little switch for every one of the lights, will it? I'm fascinated as to how HT will address this issue.

Would be great if it could all be done with a remote.

Would be great if it could all be done with a remote.

Exactly what I thought too. They will need to come up with some pretty ingenious wiring ideas/solutions as to not have the wires snap when extreme poses such as the "ground-pound" are attempted.

I really like all of the Power Pose figures so far. I wish this one had a more dynamic pose, but I will be getting anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like all of the Power Pose figures so far. I wish this one had a more dynamic pose, but I will be getting anyway.

I never noticed the power pose line before now, but I am considering this one and may consider getting an older one too if I can get a good price. I don't have the 42 or 43 Iron Man, but in exploring the Power pose line I saw that they made a power pose 42. So I am tempted to get the 42 and 46 to display together as a representation of the latest evolution of armor. The 43 is essentially the same expect for inverted colors, 44 is hulk buster and is kind outside the normal evolution of armor, and the 45 forshodows the 46 except without all the repulsers all over it.

Right now I only have the diecast MkIII and the Mk33 Silver Centurion and prefer the more classic looking armors. But if they ever make a diecast MkVI I may pick that up too. The 46 looks like the Bleeding Edge armor from the comics, and the 42 would make a good bridge between the more classic looking armors and the more modern ones.

HT won't have a little switch for every one of the lights, will it? I'm fascinated as to how HT will address this issue.

for 28 LED, i think the figure still needs 28 switches and 28 battery compartments to control the lighting,
unless a complete reengineering of the iron man interior sturcture had been carrired out.
for a pps version, the number of switches and battery compartments may be a lot less.

"I hate Power Pose figures, so stupid and no articulation".

buys diecast figure, puts it in museum pose....

You don't get it. I put my figures in museum poses so that means this Power Pose figure is not for me because there is no museum pose option. It he had both feet on the ground I probably would pick him up. The pose they have him in is something I would never use for any of my figures.

for 28 LED, i think the figure still needs 28 switches and 28 battery compartments to control the lighting,
unless a complete reengineering of the iron man interior sturcture had been carrired out.
for a pps version, the number of switches and battery compartments may be a lot less.

I doubt it will have that much switch and battery compartment. The lights looks very minute. a cheaper/more reliable way would be to share/split the lights using optical fiber. I am not talking about using optical fiber in laser/communication systems. A simple way to bend/split light is just by using thick fishing lines.

I doubt it will have that much switch and battery compartment. The lights looks very minute. a cheaper/more reliable way would be to share/split the lights using optical fiber. I am not talking about using optical fiber in laser/communication systems. A simple way to bend/split light is just by using thick fishing lines.

good idea, but then the mms 46 will be costly!

I'd like to know total highness with the stand..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Figure doesn't need 28 switches. Just a switch for each major section(leg(s), arm, head, body)

And using fishing line won't work an a production item like this. Especially one with articulation, that has to hold up to shipping on a cargo ship. No good way to secure the monofilament line so it either doesn't move or doesn't snap(one fix causes the other issue and vise versa). Besides, they already said it has 28 LEDs. No need to go the other route .

I'd like to know total highness with the stand..

Assuming it's 1/6, it's probably about 14 or 15 inches high, including the stand. BTW, it's rather unfortunate that the stand goes straight up the figure's ass...

marvel-iron-man-mark-xlvi-sixth-scale-captain-america-civil-war-hot-toys-902622-08.jpg

:lol

Assuming it's 1/6, it's probably about 14 or 15 inches high, including the stand. BTW, it's rather unfortunate that the stand goes straight up the figure's ass...

Well, at least now in the GOTG sequel, Gamora can again ask, "Who put the sticks up their butts?" and StarLord can truthfully reply, "Hot Toys."

Well, at least now in the GOTG sequel, Gamora can again ask, "Who put the sticks up their butts?" and StarLord can truthfully reply, "Hot Toys."

Also, Black Widow can just point to this figure when Hawkeye asks "how do you want me to take it?"

marvel-iron-man-mark-xlvi-sixth-scale-captain-america-civil-war-hot-toys-902622-08.jpg

In some pictures it looks like there is a wire between the stand and left foot, so the stand probably is not also a tube for the wires.. I wonder why they just didn't use a stand like the Mk43 one..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

$400 for the DC? Wow.

How many of you are still actually able to afford these anymore? Seriously.

I have never bought a single HT Iron Man (blasphemy, I know) but the Mk 46 DC could very well be my first and last if the price turns out that high.

Back