Hot Toys POTC Cannibal King Jack Sparrow and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im hoping for more around the $180-$190 mark since that was what Sweeney priced in as, but with this being Disney and Jack Sparrow, it could end up being around your guestimate.

Exactly my thinking, this is why I like you buddy :lol :1-1: :hi5:

Good suggestion w/ those 2 HS/faceplate be included guys. :clap I for one, look forward to a serious & screaming expression of Cannibal Jack. :monkey1

medium.jpg
:dunno?

That would ____ing rock! I'd want another one though, more like the previous sculpt.

Do we know for certain this won't be a DX?

I havent heard anything about it being a DX or not! I'm guessing with the DX Jack being so great, the next one would have to be a DX just to keep up with the quality!

Would it be completely impossible for them to make it a straight rerelease of the original Cannibal King, minus the second HS but plus throne?

Would it be completely impossible for them to make it a straight rerelease of the original Cannibal King, minus the second HS but plus throne?

Unlikely. While the original portrait was a great bit of sculpting work that's every bit as good a likeness and sculpting job as the 2 DX portrait, the Cannibal head that is, it's larger than the DX head and HT would likely want to do a fresh sculpt just to show off and gain more fandom. Outside of the Cannibal sculpt, there's really nothing worth reusing on the old figure. They could use his wand/staff sculpt and just do a niceer paint job on it, the headress was well done but, if they do a new head it would be too big and they'd need one to fit better. All of the costume is inferior to the new parts, and a new Jack would come on the slim body the DX uses, which means the white shirt would be way too big, as it was too big for the large TT the first Cannibal came on.

I still hope they include other bits to make a regular Dead Man's Chest Jack.

What do you mean, his coat and hat? Those are the only things that the first Cannibal didn't come with that were needed to make DMC Jack, outside of maybe the chest key drawing or the Jar of Dirt.

Yeah...coat, hat, bandolier, sword, scabbard, bits and bobs etc etc and will they ever do the sparrow tattoo and P brand?

Yeah...coat, hat, bandolier, sword, scabbard, bits and bobs

Well other than the coat and hat, the old one came with all of that, and I think the expectation was that peopel would just use the spare head on the first Jack because that head was so-so. In figure form, there's not a lot of difference between DMC and AWE Jack, subtle things with his hair but that's not likely to be captured with a figure.

Well other than the coat and hat, the old one came with all of that, and I think the expectation was that peopel would just use the spare head on the first Jack because that head was so-so. In figure form, there's not a lot of difference between DMC and AWE Jack, subtle things with his hair but that's not likely to be captured with a figure.

Really, I dont think there is anything different with DMC to AWE versions of Jack aside from him acquiring his mums shrunken head at the end of AWE.

The wig should be the same since they filmed DMC and AWE back to back.

The reason the wig changed from COTBP to DMC was because the whole costume had to be remade. Nothing from the original Pirates film was kept since they werent expecting to make a sequel.

Not exactly sure why they felt the need to change his wig again for OST though. :lol

Not exactly sure why they felt the need to change his wig again for OST though. :lol

My impression from the OST behind the scenes materials is that Rob Marshall worked with production and Johnny on making some minor changes with Jack's parts to give the movie his own signature. Even Gibbs looks a little different from the first 3.

My impression from the OST behind the scenes materials is that Rob Marshall worked with production and Johnny on making some minor changes with Jack's parts to give the movie his own signature. Even Gibbs looks a little different from the first 3.

Cool. Did not know that. Havent watched any of the Behind the Scenes features on OST yet. So the changes were Johnny's touch then?

I really need to visit this section more often, since I didn't even know that a new Cannibal Jack was being released. So is it confirmed that Cannibal Jack will be re-released or is it just the chair?

Back