Hot Toys on CNN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. On a minor bum note they used the DX10 to represent the Terminator franchise. DX13 would have been a better choice. Though at least it wasn't the MMS117 *shudders*

One day, I'll meet someone IRL that knows what HT is.

Yeah seems like they shot this a little while back. No new Thor (which trounces that ridiculous Thor Avengers body), DX13, Armory update, etc.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I was just watching a programme in England called "Celebrity Juice" that featured the Brad Pitt Aldo Raine doll,and one of the panellists commented on what agreat likeness it was saying she did not normally like dolls.

Cool. On a minor bum note they used the DX10 to represent the Terminator franchise. DX13 would have been a better choice. Though at least it wasn't the MMS117 *shudders*
:gah:

I'm beginning to understand what my SSC bashing feels like to fans of that company.. :lol

Great to see HT getting news coverage though - sweet.

It's a cable news feature piece. Facts and accuracy sometimes slip through the cracks. It's geared toward the mainstream viewer who'll ooh and ahh over the "pretty dollies."

Of course, there was no escaping the "capture the soul of" cliché.

Still, nice find, Dave.

It's a cable news feature piece. Facts and accuracy sometimes slip through the cracks. It's geared toward the mainstream viewer who'll ooh and ahh over the "pretty dollies."

Of course, there was no escaping the "capture the soul of" cliché.

Still, nice find, Dave.

I hated it. I'm not a mainstream viewer, and I was technically "oohing and ahhing" over the Vito Corleone. It served as a stark reminder of my idiocy. I remember when that figure was still available, even after being released, on Sideshow, and I could kick myself. It's like "we get it, it's one of your best pieces. Stop rubbing the fact that we can't get it any more in our faces." Seriously, though, if ever there were a figure deserving of a re-release or a 2.0, that's the one. To this day, I think that's one of the greatest 1/6th figures ever made, and, if I ever hit the jackpot, it's one that I'd probably be willing to pay the secondary prices for.

Anyway, I didn't actually hate it.:lol I thought it was pretty cool, actually. There's your validation if anyone ever asks why you waste your money. "Well, clearly it was a big enough waste to be featured on CNN." :lol

Back