Hot Toys on CNN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

If you say so but it takes the fun out of collecting because no body can afford these dam things then. :gah:

So you are saying people that collect rainman works for example should be called discerning figure collectors?

Yup, they are--they drop $750-1100.00 per figure that is limited to VIP membership. Sounds pretty discerning to me. I however own none, so I guess I am less discerning :lol

Last edited:
Yup, they are--they drop $750-1100.00 per figure that is limited to VIP membership. Sounds pretty discerning to me. I however own none, so I guess I am less discerning :lol

I disagree with you I just think it is madness to spend that sort of money on action figures, regardless of how good they look. That being said, I have actually spent thousands on a few handmade figures. So I am kind of like a hypocrite in that way, however, it is something I would never do again.

I'd love for the hobby to increase. More people= more economy Witt he PFs and HTs

I doubt it will increase, the majority of people just can't appreciate art like us collectors do. They just see things in black and white, if it is a doll then then regardless of how life like the sculpt looks at the end of the day it is just a toy.

So how much would this guys collection be worth?

0I3Sxy.jpg

Obviously. A few.

Yeah I was not trying to say that lots of people pay thousands of dollars for a Willi Wonka figure because that is what it is worth. I am just saying there are people out there that only collect certain handmade figures and are willing to pay thousands of dollars each for them! :horror

I understand.

What I am saying is that I have yet to see a figure that good. The concept of people paying whatever it takes for what they want is not hard to digest. What I don't understand is that people settle for what they have been sold at those prices.

I understand.

What I am saying is that I have yet to see a figure that good. .

Oh I see, have you seen Rovo Jin's Beckam or Vancei version 4 Anakin? They actually look like the real thing. So I can see why people would pay thousands of dollars for them as they look like miniature statues from a wax museum. But I am not saying they are worth that though.

The concept of people paying whatever it takes for what they want is not hard to digest. What I don't understand is that people settle for what they have been sold at those prices

I guess they are worried someone else will buy it instead of them and so they think they might miss out on a once in a life time opportunity.

Last edited:
Vinyl figures have managed to transcend from "toy" to "collectible" to "art." I have no doubt that 1:6 can do that as well. I'd love to see CNN cover the upcoming Elvis1976 and Friends show in NYC.

Price vs. value is subjective only to the person who perceives the value. I don't see value in spending $700+ on a custom figure, but there are collectors that do, these customs sell out in less than a day, sometimes an hour within release. These figures see a healthy mark-up IF they hit the market again. That said, I will drop $2000 on a guitar no problem.

Price vs. value is subjective only to the person who perceives the value. I don't see value in spending $700+ on a custom figure, but there are collectors that do, these customs sell out in less than a day, sometimes an hour within release. These figures see a healthy mark-up IF they hit the market again. That said, I will drop $2000 on a guitar no problem.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

So how much would this guys collection be worth?

What I wouldn't give to Godzilla through there, and put it up on YouTube, and watch those guys in the Customs forum flip out.

No disrespect or anything but sometimes, you just have to destroy something beautiful.

Back