Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a one piece head and neck.
Hmm need an extra neck then to see if can stick this head on the ROTS figure.

It might be the lighting but he looks a bit ill.
1673019102766.png

FYI: I had a thank you coupon in my account from a previous order and it WORKED on this figure!
You have to be super quick using them on new figures, they seem to always forget to exclude them from the coupons and it takes them a day or so to remove it from the eligible items.

You have to be super quick using them on new figures, they seem to always forget to exclude them from the coupons and it takes them a day or so to remove it from the eligible items.

Yup. I was able to use one on the SBD but not Mace Windu.

It used to be a week or so that you could use it, now anything new gets removed so quickly.

The Phase 1 clone helmet has the more accurate thinner mouth than the ones we have gotten.

Man this looks great. I don't have an Obi-Wan figure so this might be it. I have Clone Wars Anakin in my cart right now who I never felt I needed, but do I get this Obi-Wan without Ani? :lol And he'd be free with rewards too, which I was saving for shiny Mando...

Not sure what to do. I could always just stick this CW Obi with Cody.... :dunno

Never understood what the “armour” was for in the world of a Jedi in Star Wars. I understand the armour in the world of selling merchandise!!

This is my favorite Obi-Wan look. Maybe I’m in the minority, but it’s a perfect melting pot of all things Star Wars I like.
324235106_1501042400383425_5498481018672753669_n.jpg

He’s like a light-side Vader in this look, to me. Clone Trooper armor fused with Jedi stylings. Trace elements of Mandalorian design, Storm Troopers, Jedi Knights… it’s like you fused all the coolest stuff and put it on Obi-Wan.

This is my favorite Obi-Wan look. Maybe I’m in the minority, but it’s a perfect melting pot of all things Star Wars I like.

He’s like a light-side Vader in this look, to me. Clone Trooper armor fused with Jedi stylings. Trace elements of Mandalorian design, Storm Troopers, Jedi Knights… it’s like you fused all the coolest stuff and put it on Obi-Wan.

Yup, this is my favorite Star Wars look. Ever. Of All time. Just everything mixes and matches so well.

The same reason why I picked up the Sideshow Mythos statue, even though I was a bit disappointed in it, I just can't say no to this look.

Never understood what the “armour” was for in the world of a Jedi in Star Wars. I understand the armour in the world of selling merchandise!!

The armor was initially made because the robes for Jedi were difficult and expensive to animate early on for TCW, with Anakin/Obi being the main characters, they gave them full set of armor, while the supporting character Jedi were just given gauntlets so they didn't have to animate the sleeves.

In-Universe, Kenobi and Anakin saw a lot of action on some key planets for the Republic, and the extra armor was also a way for them to bond with the clones early on in the war. The Jedi were not used to being on the frontlines of the largest war the galaxy has ever seen, so any extra protection helped.

Well shiiiiish, HT have only gone and suckered me into their realistic take on The Clone Wars.

I love this look on Kenobi so can’t say no- and, if I’m getting Kenobi, I need Anakin- so I just hit up TBA and bought the special edition STAP set. Going the No Box option saved a fair bit both as an item and on shipping. I figure it’s best to strike now before stires hike the price up. STAP option is actually a way better deal than regular.

I wish Sideshow went with this look for their TCW Obi Wan but they’ve botched that line so hard now I don’t think they deserve any more of my money. I’m excited for what HT can do with the likes of Ventress and Savage etc now.
Star Wars is just determined to see me live a life of financial instability!

Yup, this is my favorite Star Wars look. Ever. Of All time. Just everything mixes and matches so well.

The same reason why I picked up the Sideshow Mythos statue, even though I was a bit disappointed in it, I just can't say no to this look.

The armor was initially made because the robes for Jedi were difficult and expensive to animate early on for TCW, with Anakin/Obi being the main characters, they gave them full set of armor, while the supporting character Jedi were just given gauntlets so they didn't have to animate the sleeves.

In-Universe, Kenobi and Anakin saw a lot of action on some key planets for the Republic, and the extra armor was also a way for them to bond with the clones early on in the war. The Jedi were not used to being on the frontlines of the largest war the galaxy has ever seen, so any extra protection helped.
I like how the Jedi’s main priority is to protect their forearms and shins while leaving their vital organs uncovered. Something tells me they have a mentality of ‘If I can’t deflect a blast to my centre mass, I deserve to die!’

Last edited:
Really hope they're updating the Kenobi DX figure with this face. It would feel pretty ****** if the DX version has the inferior sculpt.

324235106_1501042400383425_5498481018672753669_n.jpg

Huh, cool observation. Obi-Wan's look was pure greatness in that period, no doubt. He blows Anakin's CW Era look off the water. Even in dolly form, it just looks both more exciting/toyetic, and high end. TCW Anakin's lack of gauntlets made that left pleather glove look atrociously cheap, and he was too top heavy with the chest armour but lack of anything else. The ugly tunic style certainly didn't help. Meanwhile Obi-Wan looks exactly like you'd imagine a proper "Jedi Knight" (with armour and everything) to be. Cream white and pure core armour, the Jedi "Symbol Of Heraldry", with some humble brown tones in his clothing, with armoured bits that protect and also allow flexibility. It's great. It all fits. Now compare it with Anakin's wtf colour combo of maroon red and deep blue. It doesn't make sense for a Jedi. It's not a cool and edgy like black and red would be, or just black and dark brown like his Jedi robes. It's just dorky. It reminds me of a kitchen tablecloth, especially with that ugly style of double tunic. Just look at it!

tms20-14.jpg

It literally looks like a pair of curtains atop a skirt. Meanwhile Obi-Wan next to him looks cool as ice. Both wear tunics, but like with Darkseid and DOOM, only one pulls it off.

darkseid01.jpg

And that's because Doom's look is completed with the armour, cape, clasps and hood, whereas Darkseid is a half-naked guy with a mini skirt, a sleeveless tank-top, and for some reason gloves and stripper boots. I know Kirby was going for a kind of "Space Myth" look there, but it's not even close to any culture, be it from the antiquity or the medieval periods, the north, the south, whatever. It literally looks like a dorky version of The Thing decked out in "street worker" wear. Honestly, while I have both 4th World Omnis because I'm a sucker for Space Operas, the amazingly horrendous costumes of the New Gods are what always kept me from really liking the property. I own them since they're comic book landmarks, and I love the imagination, scenery and even story, but the characters are of no interest to me. Whatever, I'm rambling again.

Personally I was thinking that if I bought this and then later got a ROTS OWK too, I could pop the helmet on this guy, put him in front of a trooper or two when I reach the end of my SW collection and start army building, and pretend he's my super kewl OC Jedi leading the Clones against my PT villains. I'd also have an extra Ewan head which'd come in handy.

But now that you said that it reminds me of this fanart I came across a while back:

d7yeqvc-7b005f77-2eea-4422-9745-670f5c502045.png

It's Anakin in his Vader-esque armour Post-ROTJ if he'd lived and turned back to the light side like that AU comic book.

There's also this fanart of Anakin based off Fassbender that I really like, mostly for his Pre-Lava Vader look.

anakin_skywalker_redux_by_andrewkwan_d8v9l8s-fullview.jpg

I've always been in the camp that thought the PT should've skipped TPM and kid Ani, and started off with teen Anakin, then spent a film with him as a General before his eventual fall in the final part, which'd be more than a few rapid scenes and would cover an entire 3-hour epic. But alas...

oh wow! this is absolutely bought! sculpt looks better than OWK series headsculpt and a nice change from the ROTS to give a little different look.

Will definitely buy an additional headsculpt for the ROTS figure. Definitely worth the wait, especially considering I wasn't originally interested in the first prototype

Well given your profile pic it would be expected, no? :monkey3 :lol

I'm glad this was finally released and has some nice upgrades from the Comic Con prototype. His skin does look a bit pale and sickly, but like someone mentioned earlier, it's probably just the lighting in the photos.

Aside from more clone troopers, what other releases could be in the works for the anniversary? Ventress has been mentioned. I wonder if they're going to release a younger version of Ahsoka to complete the trio. If so, will they use the same head sculpt? Or will they do a new one in the likeness of the actress playing young Ahsoka in the live action version coming up later this year?

Huh, cool observation. Obi-Wan's look was pure greatness in that period, no doubt. He blows Anakin's CW Era look off the water. Even in dolly form, it just looks both more exciting/toyetic, and high end. TCW Anakin's lack of gauntlets made that left pleather glove look atrociously cheap, and he was too top heavy with the chest armour but lack of anything else. The ugly tunic style certainly didn't help. Meanwhile Obi-Wan looks exactly like you'd imagine a proper "Jedi Knight" (with armour and everything) to be. Cream white and pure core armour, the Jedi "Symbol Of Heraldry", with some humble brown tones in his clothing, with armoured bits that protect and also allow flexibility. It's great. It all fits. Now compare it with Anakin's wtf colour combo of maroon red and deep blue. It doesn't make sense for a Jedi. It's not a cool and edgy like black and red would be, or just black and dark brown like his Jedi robes. It's just dorky. It reminds me of a kitchen tablecloth, especially with that ugly style of double tunic. Just look at it!

tms20-14.jpg

It literally looks like a pair of curtains atop a skirt. Meanwhile Obi-Wan next to him looks cool as ice. Both wear tunics, but like with Darkseid and DOOM, only one pulls it off.

darkseid01.jpg

And that's because Doom's look is completed with the armour, cape, clasps and hood, whereas Darkseid is a half-naked guy with a mini skirt, a sleeveless tank-top, and for some reason gloves and stripper boots. I know Kirby was going for a kind of "Space Myth" look there, but it's not even close to any culture, be it from the antiquity or the medieval periods, the north, the south, whatever. It literally looks like a dorky version of The Thing decked out in "street worker" wear. Honestly, while I have both 4th World Omnis because I'm a sucker for Space Operas, the amazingly horrendous costumes of the New Gods are what always kept me from really liking the property. I own them since they're comic book landmarks, and I love the imagination, scenery and even story, but the characters are of no interest to me. Whatever, I'm rambling again.

Personally I was thinking that if I bought this and then later got a ROTS OWK too, I could pop the helmet on this guy, put him in front of a trooper or two when I reach the end of my SW collection and start army building, and pretend he's my super kewl OC Jedi leading the Clones against my PT villains. I'd also have an extra Ewan head which'd come in handy.

But now that you said that it reminds me of this fanart I came across a while back:

d7yeqvc-7b005f77-2eea-4422-9745-670f5c502045.png

It's Anakin in his Vader-esque armour Post-ROTJ if he'd lived and turned back to the light side like that AU comic book.

There's also this fanart of Anakin based off Fassbender that I really like, mostly for his Pre-Lava Vader look.

anakin_skywalker_redux_by_andrewkwan_d8v9l8s-fullview.jpg

I've always been in the camp that thought the PT should've skipped TPM and kid Ani, and started off with teen Anakin, then spent a film with him as a General before his eventual fall in the final part, which'd be more than a few rapid scenes and would cover an entire 3-hour epic. But alas...
I really wish Hot Toys did the other version of his Clone Wars outfit or at least in another style/fabric. The one Sideshow did for their animated style figure looks better as an outfit overall. Think it works better and more closely ties into his Episode 2/3 look. That super maroon red with blue fabric on top just doesn't look as good on the Hot Toys figure and is the reason why I've never been 100% a fan of it. The armor bit for his chest/shoulder also makes it look a bit awkward.

76782be7-714a-432e-a66b-56420ed381e7.jpg

Back