Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series: FRIEND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys' New - Comic Masterpiece Series

And so, Hot Toys should just cater to just American Pop Culture? Also last I checked Japan is one of their biggest consumers. So _____ their pop culture? Oh, wait! Where is HT based? HK? Oh _____ them making other Asian pop culture icons! Let me ask: has HT abandoned the West? Look at how much Western influenced figures HT made vs. Asian ones. Go count them. I'll wait.

Oh, and by the way: This figure is limited to 2500, 2000 of which will be limited to Japan, which is the main target of this teaser anyway, not the US. Boo hoo for the people who clung on to their speculation and then started hating because they were proven wrong.

Your way of thinking is just so lame sir.
Like I said, I give a rats @$$ if you want to defend them. Japan might be one of their biggest consumers, but they are buying American Pop Culture Icons. Even Bruce Lee is from an American movie. And again I already said they can make whatever they want. It's the lame teaser that everyone and their mom guessed was the Matrix that pisses me and most people off. American Pop Culture is the best in the world. Nobody else comes close. Argue that lame@$$!!!

Like I said, I give a rats @$$ if you want to defend them. Japan might be one of their biggest consumers, but they are buying American Pop Culture Icons. Even Bruce Lee is from an American movie. And again I already said they can make whatever they want. It's the lame teaser that everyone and their mom guessed was the Matrix that pisses me and most people off. American Pop Culture is the best in the world. Nobody else comes close. Argue that lame@$$!!!

Don't forget who made you Brit-spawn :nana:

Wow! you're stupid.

1. Yes, they buy American Pop Culture Icons, but over there, their pop culture is stronger and they can argue that their pop culture is better than any gaijin pop culture.

2. Bruce Lee originated in America, but since Hollywood effed him over and over, he went back to Hong Kong where his career flourished.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee_filmography

Wow, even wikipedia disagrees with you lame@$$.

3. The teaser isn't lame because it was NEVER intended for NA, but for JPN. The rest of the world just assumed that it was a Matrix. Who knows, perhaps the Japanese may have picked up the clue better, or at the very least they'd speculate of it being either The Matrix or 20th Century Boys.

4. American pop culture is great, but is not the be-all and end-all in the rest of the world. Nor is all of your pop culture well known to other countries. Your way of thinking is short-sighted and utterly stupid. BTW, how many of your icons turned out to be derived from other cultures? Not a bad thing, but if you're going to start dissing other countries' cultures, it's something to think about. Over here, many of the Japanese, HK, and Korean pop cultures have bigger influence than American in some areas. Andy, yes, we do enjoy American Pop culture as well. But we don't consider it the best. Each country considers their own pop culture the best and rightly so. Argue with THAT lame@$$.

5. your arguments aren't based on facts, just stupid, purely idiotic opinion.

Last edited:

Here you all go!
20th Century Boys 3: Redemption Trailer

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eIqdxj0iSQo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eIqdxj0iSQo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here you all go!
20th Century Boys 3: Redemption Trailer

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eIqdxj0iSQo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eIqdxj0iSQo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

looks interesting :) Not enough for me to consider buying the figure, but it does look interesting :) Friend seems to be one of those iconic villains that define the series, much like how Darth Vader defines Star Wars :)

Wow! you're stupid.

1. Yes, they buy American Pop Culture Icons, but over there, their pop culture is stronger and they can argue that their pop culture is better than any gaijin pop culture.

2. Bruce Lee originated in America, but since Hollywood effed him over and over, he went back to Hong Kong where his career flourished.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee_filmography

Wow, even wikipedia disagrees with you lame@$$.

3. The teaser isn't lame because it was NEVER intended for NA, but for JPN. The rest of the world just assumed that it was a Matrix. Who knows, perhaps the Japanese may have picked up the clue better, or at the very least they'd speculate of it being either The Matrix or 20th Century Boys.

4. American pop culture is great, but is not the be-all and end-all in the rest of the world. Nor is all of your pop culture well known to other countries. Your way of thinking is short-sighted and utterly stupid. BTW, how many of your icons turned out to be derived from other cultures? Not a bad thing, but if you're going to start dissing other countries' cultures, it's something to think about. Over here, many of the Japanese, HK, and Korean pop cultures have bigger influence than American in some areas. Andy, yes, we do enjoy American Pop culture as well. But we don't consider it the best. Each country considers their own pop culture the best and rightly so. Argue with THAT lame@$$.

5. your arguments aren't based on facts, just stupid, purely idiotic opinion.
You must be really thick-headed. For the third time, I don't care what figure they make. I believe even on the Japanese Facebook page, people are complaining it's not the Matrix. My point on Bruce Lee is that the one figure we will have from Hot Toys soon, is from a Hollywood film. As far as Pop Culture their is not one bigger influence in the whole world, then America. Don't hate because you're not American. Get over it. Obviously you enjoy Fingerbang and other anime, but I could care less. And I am part Asian and enjoy other aspects of the culture, just not the dorky lame @$$ $hi+ you like.:pfft: And remember, you are as lame as this character and I'm done with you. You can get a last word in if you want, but don't expect a response. I just keep imagining you as a 10 year-old loser that's probablly never had a girlfriend, living with his parents, and it's just not worth my time anymore.:peace

Well since thier doing comic's i think that include's manga aswell. I want some naruto and bleach figure's made and also one piece. And maybe a better goku. Think of the possibilities.

It's not crap to the Japanese and fans of the series..but really this is kinda Medicom territory even if HT makes better quality..

You must be really thick-headed. For the third time, I don't care what figure they make. I believe even on the Japanese Facebook page, people are complaining it's not the Matrix. My point on Bruce Lee is that the one figure we will have from Hot Toys soon, is from a Hollywood film. As far as Pop Culture their is not one bigger influence in the whole world, then America. Don't hate because you're not American. Get over it. Obviously you enjoy Fingerbang and other anime, but I could care less. And I am part Asian and enjoy other aspects of the culture, just not the dorky lame @$$ $hi+ you like.:pfft: And remember, you are as lame as this character and I'm done with you. You can get a last word in if you want, but don't expect a response. I just keep imagining you as a 10 year-old loser that's probablly never had a girlfriend, living with his parents, and it's just not worth my time anymore.:peace

No, YOU'RE thick-headed and utterly idiotic. If you don't care what figure they make, then why diss this figure when you were proven wrong about your stupid assumption?b You're just so full of contradictions that it's just so freakin' sad. And like I said: The Japanese would've most likely equally guessed 20th Century Boys and Matrix. Oh, and WRONG: Japanese pop culture has has much influence worldwide, get your facts straight. And so does European. Research bud, research. Imagine all you want and live in your own made-up world but I have a new name for idiotic: being Furley_Ghost. You're the kind of people that gives good-natured Americans a bad name, redneck.

@ DaSaru:

HT's kind of stepping on everyone's territory lately. Personally, I don't mind. I'm even hoping someone steps on HT's territory as well. The more choices we have, the better it is for us consumers. I really hope HT goes for Dragonball next. I'm afraid to touch Medicom figures due to the horror stories I keep hearing. Either that or American comic icons (Batman, Superman, or Wolverine will do).

Last edited:

i wish this will pave way for them to make anime... challenge medicom... would like them to see make dragon ball or naruto hehe that would be fun... just me saying anyways....

Spot on detail to the max!

:lol at this thread. Funny seeing all these folks get their panties in a bunch when their favorite producer makes stuff they're not familiar with.

:lol at this thread. Funny seeing all these folks get their panties in a bunch when their favorite producer makes stuff they're not familiar with.

:exactly:

Very furley_ghost-y of them :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

In any case, it would be really interesting to see how this new Comics Line will progress. As someone here said, the possibilities are endless. We'll just have to wait as I'm sure HT will provide us with a character that we're interested in. I just hope this doesn't become a one-off or something.

Some cool sht can come from this line for sure. Though not for me since I generally stay away from 1/6 figures. They would have to do some pretty obscure favorites of mine to get me to bite.

I'd go insane if Hot Toys made a comic Deadpool.
I'm really looking forward for what is to come from this line. Although I don't necessarily think their first choice was...stellar...I'm still excited to see what else they release.

As long as they're actual iconic comic characters, like Batman, Spiderman, Captain America, Wolverine, and of course Deadpool!

Some cool sht can come from this line for sure. Though not for me since I generally stay away from 1/6 figures. They would have to do some pretty obscure favorites of mine to get me to bite.

what kind of obscure favourites?

You must be really thick-headed. For the third time, I don't care what figure they make. I believe even on the Japanese Facebook page, people are complaining it's not the Matrix. My point on Bruce Lee is that the one figure we will have from Hot Toys soon, is from a Hollywood film. As far as Pop Culture their is not one bigger influence in the whole world, then America. Don't hate because you're not American. Get over it. Obviously you enjoy Fingerbang and other anime, but I could care less. And I am part Asian and enjoy other aspects of the culture, just not the dorky lame @$$ $hi+ you like.:pfft: And remember, you are as lame as this character and I'm done with you. You can get a last word in if you want, but don't expect a response.

This...this...is probably the worst argument I've ever seen for anything ever. :lol

I just keep imagining you as a 10 year-old loser that's probablly never had a girlfriend, living with his parents, and it's just not worth my time anymore.:peace
The irony of this statement is deserving of at least four more. :lol:lol:lol:lol

Grow the hell up man. Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

what kind of obscure favourites?

Give me a John Gaunt, or James Twilley (better known as GrimJack) in any form, and I would probably buy it. John Jaspers from Faust, or even a figure of Roachmill would be sweet as well.

I would actually buy almost anything produced of these characters since I know we would never see anything else ever done with these properties.

I love me some Marvel like almost everyone else here, but god knows we'll see product from their characters from here to eternity in almost every form :lol

Easy for me to pass on 1/6 Marvel figures when I know I can already easily get statues of almost all my favorites.

Give me a John Gaunt, or James Twilley (better known as GrimJack) in any form, and I would probably buy it. John Jaspers from Faust, or even a figure of Roachmill would be sweet as well.

I would actually buy almost anything produced of these characters since I know we would never see anything else ever done with these properties.

I love me some Marvel like almost everyone else here, but god knows we'll see product from their characters from here to eternity in almost every form :lol

Easy for me to pass on 1/6 Marvel figures when I know I can already easily get statues of almost all my favorites.

hmm, good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back