Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece - Elizabeth Swann

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's official. will "turner & hooch was such a damn good movie and deserves to live on in people's memories far more than the buttmunch that played my character in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise" will be the next figure in the line. this from the official hot toys newsletter: (oh yeah, if you haven't seen the movie yet, SPOILEEEEERS!!!!!)

Dundundundun……Next series of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 12" collectible figure is coming soon! - Ladies and Gentlemen, please join our celebration of the next series of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 12" collectible figure, which will be the other two main characters, who fated to be pirates and joined Jack Sparrow’s crew with no choice. Give you some hints, they rescued Jack from Davy Jones’ locker and get married on the Black Pearl at the end. You should know who they are……Yup, they are Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann. Keep checking on our future newsletter for getting their most updated news!

i guess someone had better start a will turner thread. but not me. coz i hate him. so much that the thought of him makes me want to stab myself in my pee-hole. i hope barbosa and davy jones are in the next wave.

It was inevitable... Will Turner. I guess you have to have him. I wouldn't mind the Flynn style outfit from the end of "Curse", but I'm sure its gonna be the AWE outfit.

Barbossa and Jones will be the only real "movers" here beyond Jack.

Ugh... not one but 2 Sao Fengs, an Elizabeth and now the craptacular Will Turner?? No Barbosa or Davey Jones in sight. :monkey2 This line is 1 for 5. At least they did Capt. Jack justice.

I wish Elizabeth was in a dress or at least Pirate garb but I will be very happy to get her. I dont see the big problem with Will he is who the story is really about. I hope they make a Barbossa soon though

Wow!! Yet another awesome figure from Hot Toys. It's such a shame the 1/6 Indiana Jones & Star Wars licenses are being wasted on SSC when Hot Toys are firing on all cylinders with just about every single release. I'm not overly bothered about Will Turner but I'll get Elizabeth for sure. Bring on Barbossa & Davey Jones!

Wow!! Yet another awesome figure from Hot Toys. It's such a shame the 1/6 Indiana Jones & Star Wars licenses are being wasted on SSC when Hot Toys are firing on all cylinders with just about every single release. I'm not overly bothered about Will Turner but I'll get Elizabeth for sure. Bring on Barbossa & Davey Jones!

Well, all I'm saying is SS better step up their QA and QC for the Indy license. I mean SW collectors are used to Hasblow™, so the SS figs are a dream come true (although Medicom is starting to sucker punch SS!)

Indy collectors are going to DEMAND perfection (not that SW fans don't...I collect that line too, so let's not start a war in this thread OK! :lol )

...It better be on par with the LOTR 1/6 figs in terms of detail on the tiny simulated leather belts, clasps and buckles...but with WAY better paint apps...I mean WAAAAAAY better! And Indy's fedora MUST be made of material...NOT plastic...and NOT floppy felt (like the Asian 'Relic Hunter' Indy...)

I'm still REALLY excited about this announcement. Don't screw it up SS. Raiders might just be my favourite film of ALL TIME. There's a lot riding on this...

Otherwise, I guess my heads and PF are off to Les, Darren, Mikey or Josh for repaints. :rolleyes:

Well, all I'm saying is SS better step up their QA and QC for the Indy license. I mean SW collectors are used to Hasblow™, so the SS figs are a dream come true (although Medicom is starting to sucker punch SS!)

Indy collectors are going to DEMAND perfection (not that SW fans don't...I collect that line too, so let's not start a war in this thread OK! :lol )

...It better be on par with the LOTR 1/6 figs in terms of detail on the tiny simulated leather belts, clasps and buckles...but with WAY better paint apps...I mean WAAAAAAY better! And Indy's fedora MUST be made of material...NOT plastic...and NOT floppy felt (like the Asian 'Relic Hunter' Indy...)

I'm still REALLY excited about this announcement. Don't screw it up SS. Raiders might just be my favourite film of ALL TIME. There's a lot riding on this...

Otherwise, I guess my heads and PF are off to Les, Darren, Mikey or Josh for repaints. :rolleyes:

I'm perhaps a little too harsh on the 1/6 figs though with Medicom & Hot Toys figs being so consistently better in comparison it can be difficult to say nice things about the SSC ones. The big concern with the Indy figs for me is the quality of the attire which I think is just important as the likeness,paint apps & poseability.
A lot of the attire on the SW figs is poorly made and takes a lot of modifying before it fits properly and it would suck if the Indy figures had the same issues,nobody wants to see an Indy figure with a leather jacket that fits as badly as Bespin Han's,or with cheaply made belts that fall to pieces when you try and put them on the figure. I would hope the Harrison Ford sculpts are a sight better than Bespin Han too.
However it's not all doom & gloom,the proto of Bespin Luke appears to have much better tailored attire than any of the previous SW figures so far which only bodes well for the Indy line. With the price of SSC's figs steadily rising towards the levels of Medicom & Hot Toys it's high time the quality started getting closer too.

Last edited:
I'm perhaps a little too harsh on the 1/6 figs though with Medicom & Hot Toys figs being so consistently better in comparison it can be difficult to say nice things about the SSC ones. The big concern with the Indy figs for me is the quality of the attire which I think is just important as the likeness,paint apps & poseability.
A lot of the attire on the SW figs is poorly made and takes a lot of modifying before it fits properly and it would suck if the Indy figures had the same issues,nobody wants to see an Indy figure with a leather jacket that fits as badly as Bespin Han's,or with cheaply made belts that fall to pieces when you try and put them on the figure. I would hope the Harrison Ford sculpts are a sight better than Bespin Han too.
However it's not all doom & gloom,the proto of Bespin Luke appears to have much better tailored attire than any of the previous SW figures so far which only bodes well for the Indy line. With the price of SSC's figs steadily rising towards the levels of Medicom & Hot Toys it's high time the quality started getting closer too.

Here. Here. Well said. I couldn't agree more. :D

IMG_8600.JPG

IMG_8601.JPG

IMG_8602.JPG

She's cute. Not sure I'l buy that version of her though. I'd rather see her in the Pirate get-up or one of her dresses from the first movie.

She looks just like the promo pics from earlier, except the costume looks better. Really cant do the actual item justice. I dont have any of the Hot Toys pirate items in my POTC collection, but after seeing these, Im gonna have to go about adding them.

Where does one obtain these?I need to hunt down a Jack Sparrow.

Pretty incredible detail. I don't care for this incarnation of her, but it's such a beautiful figure I'll probably get her anyway... just as an example of 1/6th done right.

Hot Toys never ceases to amaze.

I feel the same way. The costume is just amazing.

Hot Toys does usually blow SS out of the water (at double the price) but the Hobbitts figures I think really hold their own with these HT Pirates. Hopefully they will come out as close to the prototypes as HT generally do.

:emperor AAArgh! I'm going to be away from Sunday morning, (the pre-order is from 6 PM here in Sweden) with no access to a computer for a week, so I'm going to miss the pre-order (or maybe just order in Jack's case) for this one. I'll hope the tourist office or something,where I'm going, have public internet so I can order on Monday.

I hope Elizabeth is being preordered on Sunday along with Jack and Sao. I did get a confirmation that all 3 will be up for order so I hope so. I am going to order all 3 and the Sandtrooper dio on Sunday. These are some of the most detailed figures I have ever seen.

I wouldnt mind if they released all of the following

Elizabeth in a dress and pirate garb
Will
Barbossa with Jack
Pintel and Rigetti
Gibbs
Davy Jones

How much do you all think these will cost?

Back