Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I POed this figure because he is a striking visual piece with a terrific headsculpt. His character in the movie is not my favourite way he could have been depicted. But it was Sir Ben Kingsley and until the reveal came about he seemed plenty dangerous.

Certainly enough for me to want this figure.

I POed this figure because he is a striking visual piece with a terrific headsculpt. His character in the movie is not my favourite way he could have been depicted. But it was Sir Ben Kingsley and until the reveal came about he seemed plenty dangerous.

Certainly enough for me to want this figure.

This is pretty much how I feel. The twist wasn't my favorite, but I liked Kingsleys depiction of The Mandarin. That along with the fact that we don't get many villains, and Id like to put him in my "rogues gallery".
He definitely has a place on my shelf.

This is pretty much how I feel. The twist wasn't my favorite, but I liked Kingsleys depiction of The Mandarin. That along with the fact that we don't get many villains, and Id like to put him in my "rogues gallery".
He definitely has a place on my shelf.

Exactly. I have different versions of the Joker, Jack's and Heath's by both houses, Avengers Loki, Darth Maul and Evil Superman...and he doesn't really count. Does Ed-209 count as I have him on PO, likewise Vader, Grievous and General Zod (when he goes live too)? So Mandarin will be a welcome addition.

:rotfl As I write it down, I have/will have quite a lot more baddies than I thought :lol

Last edited:
To me, this figure is a representation of The Mandarin ( movie and comic book ). Its not like he's going to reveal that he is a fake or an imposter as he is sitting on our shelves. We are collecting figures of "make believe, fictitious" characters. So make believe he is The Mandarin as he would be in the comics. Thats how I view it.

To me, this figure is a representation of The Mandarin ( movie and comic book ). Its not like he's going to reveal that he is a fake or an imposter as he is sitting on our shelves. We are collecting figures of "make believe, fictitious" characters. So make believe he is The Mandarin as he would be in the comics. Thats how I view it.

i think many are thinking that way. if they aren't, they'll miss out on an awesome piece!

Exactly, he looks like a real life Mandarin and a damn good one at that. Figures don't act, they just have to look good. I'm just glad to have a good representation of one of IronMans main baddies, with what is possible the best headsculpt I've seen from HT thus far, and the costume looks fantastic. He's gonna look great next to Loki, Red Skull and any other villains I end up buying (chitauri, Whiplash MK2, maybe even Malekith and Zod)

Exactly. I have different versions of the Joker, Jack's and Heath's by both houses, Avengers Loki, Darth Maul and Evil Superman...and he doesn't really count. Does Ed-209 count as I have him on PO, likewise Vader, Grievous and General Zod (when he goes live too)? So Mandarin will be a welcome addition.

:rotfl As I write it down, I have/will have quite a lot more baddies than I thought :lol

Agreed, I do try to keep my figures separated by license, but I have 2 Marvel villains and they're grossly outnumbered :panic:

That's how I'd look at it. I'd rationalise buying figures from Terminator 3 in a similar way. Despite my hate for that film the figures would look cool. I could just pretend they are based on a good film.

In all seriousness, for those who are big comic fans that hated what they did to The Mandarin in IM3, you could make a pretty badass Mandarin figure if you just switched to a cool looking Asian head. Maybe not, just a thought?

mandarin-iron-man-3-villain.jpg

Back