Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben-Kingsley-Interview-Iron-Man-3-Premiere-Video.jpg

I think having this figure made rather than the actual villain of the movie proves how lame the twist was.

This figure is :horror
Solid sculpt and paint, close likeness and neat tailoring. If teh final production version turns out this way, we have a winner. And I'm looking at it as an awesome Ben Kingsley figure, nothing else.

First off, good price.. I'll certainly pre-order this.

Secondly, I don't understand the logic of the mods in merging the old thread with the new one. When someone created a new thread with a full reveal of The Mechanic, my old one got closed because, "that's the way things work around here and you were too slow to upload official pics". But when I do it, that one gets merged with an old thread that hasn't even uploaded official pics! Logical. :lol

Official pics are at page 114, for those interested. :lol Certainly the last time I take my time to try to contribute with something like this to the forum.
I agree with you on this.

Secondly, I don't understand the logic of the mods in merging the old thread with the new one. When someone created a new thread with a full reveal of The Mechanic, my old one got closed because, "that's the way things work around here and you were too slow to upload official pics". But when I do it, that one gets merged with an old thread that hasn't even uploaded official pics! Logical. :lol

Official pics are at page 114, for those interested. :lol Certainly the last time I take my time to try to contribute with something like this to the forum.

Also agreed. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this. That the official pics are on page 114 now instead of page 1 as per the usual and expected way. Is someone supposed to remind people where the official pics are on every page hereon? WTF :dunno

This was a teaser pic thread mods, not an official one. Dracula's thread should have taken priority.

Also agreed. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this. That the official pics are on page 114 now instead of page 1 as per the usual and expected way. Is someone supposed to remind people where the official pics are on every page hereon? WTF :dunno

This was a teaser pic thread mods, not an official one. Dracula's thread should have taken priority.

Yup :goodpost: And most know this isn't how it's been done in the past.

I thought Hot Toys were joking when they previewed this figure, like they were in on the joke with Marvel before the film came out, but here it is. I think having this figure made rather than the actual villain of the movie proves how lame the twist was.

yet the figure is selling like hot cakes. i never read the comic books but i watched the IM cartoons as a kid. as not being a comic purist, i liked the character trevor as a twist to the mandarin character. however everyone is so sure that the plot twist ended with trevor. the twist had to be one of the biggest things comic readers were appalled at yet how did the makers of IM3 answer to why? they moved on about the subject. that tells me we may see the mandarin again. is it beyond the marvel world to bring back the REAL mandarin played by kingsley, and revealing trevor was actually a beard. and killian professing to be the 'real' mandarin at the end was another ruse to throw off stark? remember the mandarin character was all about deception. i think the open options are endless. if i can think of these things, i'm sure they have as the creators of the marvel world on film.

...I agree with you on this.

I agree. Some one needs to change the thread title to reflect the figure number and move the photos to the first page.
Agreed, some really sloppy thread merging on this one and a complete reversal of what we were told 'the policy' was before. Meh.

I have no interest in IM3 but this is a really nice figure. Likeness to Kingsley is great and overall it's just a good package (really like the chair being included) for the price.

How do you know this? Source please. I am genuinely interested in sales figures so far.

I don't understand why anyone would choose to pass on this awesome figure just because the portrayal of the character in the movie was not to their liking.

I don't understand why anyone would choose to pass on this awesome figure just because the portrayal of the character in the movie was not to their liking.

I was asking a question: how does that guy know that this figure "is selling like hot cakes"? I was serious.

Don't go sidetrackin' me with this "OMG WHUT" stuff, inquiring minds wanna know just how he knows! :yess:

[ps: not buying because I am one of those fools who prefers to spend $200+ on figures that I actually, y'know, like.]

Well it's already sold out on bbts, for now until they get more shipments and restock.

I was asking a question: how does that guy know that this figure "is selling like hot cakes"? I was serious.

Don't go sidetrackin' me with this "OMG WHUT" stuff, inquiring minds wanna know just how he knows! :yess:

[ps: not buying because I am one of those fools who prefers to spend $200+ on figures that I actually, y'know, like.]

It's a $200 figure. :lol

It's easy to get caught up with all the hot toys hype,
and keep on pre-ordering these awesome-looking figures.

But if I were to spend $200 on a toy, I better like everything about it.
It's not like money and display space are unlimited.

So, I do get their point..

On the other hand, I liked Ben Kingsley's comical version enough for me to get this! :rock

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vqFqIcV8C4[/ame]

Well me personally, my hate for a character in a movie in no way affects whether i purchase the figure. I've bought a lot of Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece figures of character i didn't like in their movies. For example, the new Goblin/Harry Osborn character was butchered in Spider-man 3 but it didn't stop me from buying Hot Toys awesome figure of it.

How do you know this? Source please. I am genuinely interested in sales figures so far.

This is no shot at DM, but he, nor anyone here knows if this is selling well. And BBTS being sold out is meaningless. Sideshow may have only given them a small amount to sell. Thats happened with almost every figure this year. I would also love to see the sales numbers and edition size of HT figures. But that will probably never happen.

Back