1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, "lol"?
Did you for real, burst out with a "..HAHAHA HAHA HAAAAHAHA " after typing that?
Just curious if its for real, or the most overused pointless acronym ever.. :)

sucks that it doesn't have the same base as the die cast im 3 or an extra item but oh well i guess thats what the lord wants

Yeah that I remembered, the top 3 indiv sellers. As a line IM mops the floor with everything else.

He did say that BW was the best seller world wide, but from what I heard its best selling female in Asia. He just got his facts mixed up. It happens. There is no way anyone could look at the offerings from hot toys and make the argument that black widow is the best seller. Unless she has 9000% of the production run per figure or I missed 37 black widow releases. Just on number of releases its pretty much impossible, again..unless she has a individual release production run hundreds of times larger then iron man...that she could be the best seller. There are four black widow releases and if you count stark and gantry and stuff for preorder there are over 11 times as many iron man figures.

I've not watched the video r anything but ha anyone wondered if by highest seller he means individual product? So more of a certain BW were sold than each individual IM? Probably wouldn't be hard as there are so many IM to choose from that people would buy different ones they prefer...

Ordered! My Stealth Mk VII needed a stealthy buddy and now he'll have one. This will also be my first DC and after using $60 in RP 250 ain't too bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangit Sideshow... I caved and PO'd it. Think it'll look solid with Diecast Mk III.

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

I believe you aren't the NRD until after 48 hours and can cancel anytime during that period.

If you do change your mind after time, then what syxcat said is correct, you only have one courtesy NRD refund cancellation.

I ordered yesterday afternoon and was charged the NRD late last night.

I don't know, a non-canon re-paint doesn't justify the cash out of my wallet. HT IM figures are going the way of comics in the mid-90s...lets issue X-Men #1 with five different covers and when you put them side by side...! I think HT would do better focusing their efforts on the release of new characters (Drax!) vice flooding the market with something we've seen already in a different color. Then again, if people keep buying them it's easy cash in their pockets.

Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

I ordered yesterday afternoon and was charged the NRD late last night.

If you need to cancel though you can and will be refunded the NRD as long as it is before 48 hours of the time the order was placed. This was their policy a year ago or so, it happened to me. Maybe it has changed.

I have passed up ALL the cool IM figures. ALL of them. no exceptions. I did buy a few but have sold them. I resisted starboost and bones....

i bought this. i love that it is totally made up, not from any movies that is. It makes me want the MKIII to display next to it....just so people are like, WTH is this blue thing? LOVE IT.

HT got me. the marketing finally busted through my "Iron" stance on this. Gotta tip my cap....they got me to bite and I can't wait for a green/blue IM.

Ok...nice armor...but I was sure this would be Blue Steel....where is he? They showed him back in January???

Hmmm, I dunno what happened, I preordered the moment I saw it up yesterday, thought I used all my points, but it doesn't say I did anywhere. I must have missed something. Oh well. This is the one I been waiting for so long. I chose crap ankled Batman Begins over Gunmetal Ironman because they teased that pic (mind you I had the MkIV, no Bats and wasn't into too many repaints back then...).

This Mk3 goes better with Midas, not StealthVII.:cuckoo:
Those two were priced to profit when they figured how much we were willing to pay for repaints. I think ever since about the Crow release was when the pricing was starting to drive people to slow down. It's the comics fans that won't hold back with the DC/Marvel (and Star Wars) characters. Mind you I bet they have less omnibuses than they originally planned...

This guy is diecast and blue. They prolly used sales data of the Warmachine and it's repaints to price this one as much as comparisons to other convention exclusive releases. The price of this is a good indicator of what has been happening to Hot Toys, and I think they are trying to get some of their customer base back. The ones they have been losing since pricing over $230.

I don't think there's much growth left for collectors. Of course theirs the generation that starts getting a job every year, but almost everyone that wants in beyond that has jumped in, and more likely people have now got what they want, and it's just a few more updating or the odd new cool character we may like. What is happening is the price and growth of other companies and who is snatching my $300. I think the main collectors are the same ones that saw the boom and bust in the comics. We're growing old.

This whole "$280 with rewards is a steal/$300 is fair/I used up all my RP so that my total is $20 (even though you've spent thousands to get to that) is really scary talk.

Time has come when adults don't mind paying $300 for a doll, and find an unlimited amount of excuses to justify that fact.

I'm personally glad I've stopped collecting, as I now only own just about two statues and that's it. I do feel bad for some IM collectors though, I guess I just don't know how you all do it.

Great looking fig, for sure.

Back