1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Have prices been announced yet?
Perhaps.......

hqdefault.jpg

Didn't try to change what you were saying, said I disagreed with it. :lol

Majority of customers are locked into their Mk 3 Dc already, either via full pay up front like they do in the West or via NRD's that you champion so much here in the East - HT has the money already. So, this variant being announced has little impact on what's already been paid for roughly a year ago imo. Plus, how many IM collectors are pick and choose? Majority seem scramble to get them all or are playing catch up to get them all.

There are people locked in. Of course. But people cancel all the time. Which, is why I talk about the nrd. If no one ever canceled, or it was a small majority, there would be no need for it. But every day on this site alone there are multiple people who say they are canceling their order. Until the item is shipped in hand people will still be able and do cancel.

As for this stealth effecting the mk3dc.. I agree it won't have much impactS becuase it's different enough. A mk3dc BD may or may not effect the standard, but it has a much higher potential to effect each other's sales when both are up for sale at the same time then the mk3dc up at th same time as the "stealth mk3". Most collectors will not have both the bd and the standard.

As for your question about iron man collectors picking and choosing...yes, most, I'd say 75-80% at least, pick and choose. Very few people are going to buy every somingle armor. 50 plus if you bought or Po them all to this point(including the mk3 original, bd, DC ect). Very few people buy them all. And those people are not whom marketing effects. As they would buy the stealth or the bd or gunmetal or whatever. So the bd wouldn't sell any better then the stealth if everyone bought them all. Or a majority did. Then it becomes strictly about production cost. And as I pointed out a straight color change is a much easier and faster paint app then BD, again putting the stealth version ahead of the BD in terms of reasons to make it from hot toys point of view.

Wether the BD took sales from the standard mk3 is not the only part of the argument...it's if it adds any potential sales, or more potential sales, and margins, over the mk3 stealth. And obviously hot toys thinks the stealth is a safer product at this time. And I see no reason to think they are incorrect.

There are people locked in. Of course. But people cancel all the time. Which, is why I talk about the nrd. If no one ever canceled, or it was a small majority, there would be no need for it. But every day on this site alone there are multiple people who say they are canceling their order. Until the item is shipped in hand people will still be able and do cancel.

As for this stealth effecting the mk3dc.. I agree it won't have much impactS
becuase it's different enough. A mk3dc BD may or may not effect the standard, but it has a much higher potential to effect each other's sales when both are up for sale at the same time then the mk3dc up at th same time as the "stealth mk3". Most collectors will not have both the bd and the standard.

As for your question about iron man collectors picking and choosing...yes, most, I'd say 75-80% at least, pick and choose. Very few people are going to buy every somingle armor. 50 plus if you bought or Po them all to this point(including the mk3 original, bd, DC ect). Very few people buy them all. And those people are not whom marketing effects. As they would buy the stealth or the bd or gunmetal or whatever. So the bd wouldn't sell any better then the stealth if everyone bought them all. Or a majority did. Then it becomes strictly about production cost. And as I pointed out a straight color change is a much easier and faster paint app then BD, again putting the stealth version ahead of the BD in terms of reasons to make it from hot toys point of view.

Wether the BD took sales from the standard mk3 is not the only part of the argument...it's if it adds any potential sales, or more potential sales, and margins, over the mk3 stealth. And obviously hot toys thinks the stealth is a safer product at this time. And I see no reason to think they are incorrect.

Highlighted in red was my initial comment, so I see you came around. ;)

As for would be cancellations you read here, that's likely representative of a small majority of collectors. If you tallied them up, it'd be less than 20 people at this point I reckon. How many of those in the East who pay in full (PIF) up front cancel their IM orders? My guess is not many, though I'd like to ask Anthony if he has any input on that.

The rest about how many IM dolls people buy is speculation on all sides, no need to go into it further.

The mk3 diecast is cheaper than the others. I hope this one is similar. If this prices the way that mk7 stealth did it'll never sell properly, there's still about 70 of those on ebay. Everyone's hoping for a good sale I guess. What we did with Midas really started the craze and I think they over produced after that, but we all started going crazy for those exclusives... Hopefully the prices will be tamer now (then I can get Han & Luke eventually too).

And while we're talking about non-movie repaints. I was hoping for this Drax
drax_the_destroyer___marvel_tom_raney_by_patricknedkeith-d5v81on.jpg
on the Hulk body.

Either way, priced much higher than it should be.

Should be relative to what though? Other iron man figures? Hot Toys in general? We have a baseline of historical costs on these now and since this is going to be an exclusive with a lower production rate it is going to cost more than a normal Mark release.

Should be relative to what though? Other iron man figures? Hot Toys in general? We have a baseline of historical costs on these now and since this is going to be an exclusive with a lower production rate it is going to cost more than a normal Mark release.

Pay no attention to Dino_Ranger, he never has anything nice to say about the Diecast Mark III anyway.

In all honesty, it will probably be $349.99, because of the exclusive tag.
It may push to $389.99, but who knows.

For what the paint job is, along with the minimal diecast and height issue... it will just be way overpriced.

So diecast equals more money to you? Do you equate diecast with quality or something?

And the height issue? So hulk should be what, 800 dollars? How exactly does height make a difference? Both those issues seem odd to use to judge the value or cost.

Highlighted in red was my initial comment, so I see you came around. ;)

As for would be cancellations you read here, that's likely representative of a small majority of collectors. If you tallied them up, it'd be less than 20 people at this point I reckon. How many of those in the East who pay in full (PIF) up front cancel their IM orders? My guess is not many, though I'd like to ask Anthony if he has any input on that.

The rest about how many IM dolls people buy is speculation on all sides, no need to go into it further.

Disagree, as you know ~half the people buying these pay in full up front anyway, with the rest dropping money on PO deposits. A BD version teased now wouldn't affect the sales of this fig since it's set sail already. Plus, they've released versions of the same character before in the same time frame.

And to be clear...this was my initial post you responded to. Again, talking about the BD instead of stealth.

image.jpg

Actually you're intial sentiment that I responded to said you didn't think a BD mk3dc would effect sales of the standard mk3dc..and you used the argunt that they have issued same characters at same time before as your reasoning. So, no, I didn't come around and no that wasn't what your initial stated point was. Perhaps it was what you meant, but it's not what you said or argued.

Releasing the exact same character (ie versions of batman or superman in different costumes, or iron man in seperate suits) is not the same as releasing the exact same character in the exact same paint scheme with battle damage on one and not the other and that being the only difference. Is it speculation to state it would effect the sales, sure. But it's based on lots and lots of evidence and business models and established practices. When the difference are so minor people will, most people, pick one version over the other.

As for the nRd issue..the number is at least twice what you stated. At least last time I had this discussion and it got in depth...if you recall I went and counted and got to over 40 with out a single "death in he family/lost job" reason(as that is what that discussion was about). And yes, that's still a relative small amount. But just like exit polls, and the Nielsen ratings, and focus groups...those small numbers are usually indicative (and used) by companies to plan future business. If cancelations where not a growing and costly issue they would not be expanding them further and further. There would be no need. And yes, in Hong Kong often to PO you have to pay up front. But very few figures sell out during the Po period. Meaning they will still be for sale both there, and then the other markets that don't require Full pay PO, while the other figure is up for sale, in this scenario(replace the stealth with BD instead). So then people have the choice between mk3dc and a mk3dc Bd or buy both. Again, most people will not buy both. You said 20 people on this site was a small number, well I bet less people here buy every suit.

Last edited:

So diecast equals more money to you? Do you equate diecast with quality or something?

And the height issue? So hulk should be what, 800 dollars? How exactly does height make a difference? Both those issues seem odd to use to judge the value or cost.

To me, yes... diecast = higher price. The diecast line has been a higher price point since it's inception.
The materials and production costs increase when you upgrade materials. With quality, the weight and build of
the first several diecast figures was better than the plastic armors.

As far as the height, I am taking about the height of the old mark III not being brought up to scale with
the newer armors. The height itself does not equal a higher cost per figure.

If that were the case, the $275.00 AoU Hulk would make this mark III come in at around $120.00, lol.

As in all cases, your mileage may vary. But for my money, if a 1/6 scale figure crosses that $300.00 line...
it better be worth it.

To me, yes... diecast = higher price. The diecast line has been a higher price point since it's inception.
As far as quality, the weight and build of the first several diecast figures was better than the plastic armors.].

As far as the height, I am taking about the height of the old mark III not being brought up to scale with
the newer armors. The height itself does not equal a higher cost per figure.

If that were the case, the $275.00 AoU Hulk would make this mark III come in at around $120.00, lol.

As in all cases, your mileage may vary. But for my money, if a 1/6 scale figure crosses that $300.00 line...
it better be worth it.

But that Hulk has a lot less moving parts than the mark III.

So, was there any other HT IM figure to have crossed the $300 retail barrier? Xcept Monger, Buster and Igor of course!

Mark VII Stealth looks way better. Not a fan, may have to pass, but may look cool w/ the Mark VII Stealth... :gah:

Anyone know what MMS number this is yet...?

Also anyone know is this normally put up at SSC after the initial release in Singapore?

To be honest i started collecting the IM figures from Hot Toys starting about 6 months ago and i thought there was a few since there were not that many in the movie but then i started realizing all these variants and the collection keeps going and never stops, this is not cool because you would want to collect the movie figures as time goes on but this never ends.

I bought new figures and allot of people i bought the figures from who were selling them all said the same thing, need to re think their collections, selling IM and starting the avengers collection and others are saying the same as me, cant and WON'T keep up, get's expensive.

So i thought, well i'll just only buy the ones the were in the movies and the argument can be made for that "these were in the movies" but for real, i think they need to chill with these variants, i think they are loosing some creditably on there selling and taking care of there customers, their products are great, detailed and packaged awesome (now) but rethink the order on how you are selling these.

My 2 cents

Back