Hot Toys - MMS293-294? - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th Luke Skywalker & Leia Organa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where are Hot Toys Luke and Leia?

I wonder what it was that pushed Oscorp over the edge :lol

Patience...they will be here, but you're right everyone will hate them and they will look like utter crap...so it doesn't matter... Oh and a 3rd grader can probably make better figures. They will be an epic fail, judging by the reaction to the rest of the HT SW line.

I'm good with it. Bring 'em on.

My only disappointment so far is Vader.

I'm good with it. Bring 'em on.

My only disappointment so far is Vader.

You mean because you're happy with the Ben and Han sculpts, or you don't need/want either?

You mean because you're happy with the Ben and Han sculpts, or you don't need/want either?

Well, I'm fine with the Han sculpt. I'd like Ben to look older and hope that will be corrected in production. But overall I'm good with them. Even Chewie, which I personally think looks great.

Vader, which I'm much more passionate about, was disappointing. I really thought they'd nail him. But I don't like the overall. I hope his production version is better and I might pick him up. Otherwise, its parts for me. I really want the Interrogator Droid though, so that + parts might mean I buy the whole thing anyway.

I don't expect Luke and Leia to look any more like the actors that portrayed them than Han and Ben look like theirs.

I have decide not to collect figures that accurately reflect the actor -- instead I'm collecting only figures that look somehow off. This way I am always satisfied. :)

Well, I'm fine with the Han sculpt. I'd like Ben to look older and hope that will be corrected in production. But overall I'm good with them. Even Chewie, which I personally think looks great.

Vader, which I'm much more passionate about, was disappointing. I really thought they'd nail him. But I don't like the overall. I hope his production version is better and I might pick him up. Otherwise, its parts for me. I really want the Interrogator Droid though, so that + parts might mean I buy the whole thing anyway.

I don't expect Luke and Leia to look any more like the actors that portrayed them than Han and Ben look like theirs.

I have decide not to collect figures that accurately reflect the actor -- instead I'm collecting only figures that look somehow off. This way I am always satisfied. :)

I see Han from certain angles (ESB,) but that sculpt was the most surprising to me. Ben I think is 100% certain to be totally redone - Han has his supporters, but I haven't seen many people who are even okay with Ben.

I love Chewie but the production version will look quite different from the proto no matter what - so even if it looked 100% perfect, it's a long way from what we'll get.

And your Hurricane Vader looks so great I'm surprised you're even in the market for HT Vader. Hurricane's Vaders all seemed to be ANH centered. How much did he charge for those? I imagine HT Vader wouldn't be much behind what Hurricane was charging. I just tried a custom Vader (hybrid of SW and ESB) and kept looking at picks of yours to get it to look right (I failed - it was a $0 expenditure custom so you get what you pay for:lol.)

Leia needs to come with a large pile of cocaine!

25_extremely_rare_star_wars_photos_23_20090727_1808218226.jpg

And your Hurricane Vader looks so great I'm surprised you're even in the market for HT Vader. Hurricane's Vaders all seemed to be ANH centered. How much did he charge for those? I imagine HT Vader wouldn't be much behind what Hurricane was charging. I just tried a custom Vader (hybrid of SW and ESB) and kept looking at picks of yours to get it to look right (I failed - it was a $0 expenditure custom so you get what you pay for:lol.)

I appreciate the compliment -- thank you very much, sir -- but I don't think I've posted pics of my old Hurricane Vader. Mine is from 2005 and was like the 2nd one Glenn ever made so its pretty dated now, also its ESB. If you have pics of my ANH Vader then that is actually the Sideshow one but with KP02 body swap, ilforigno cape/tunic and helmet slightly lowered and tilted back. And I do really like that one... but was hoping HT would blow me away.

This thread is/will be pure gold if/surely/when the inevitable announcement of these figures is made.

I have fail-solo/so-so-chewy on po. I can't push the PO button for wonkly faced Vader.

I appreciate the compliment -- thank you very much, sir -- but I don't think I've posted pics of my old Hurricane Vader. Mine is from 2005 and was like the 2nd one Glenn ever made so its pretty dated now, also its ESB. If you have pics of my ANH Vader then that is actually the Sideshow one but with KP02 body swap, ilforigno cape/tunic and helmet slightly lowered and tilted back. And I do really like that one... but was hoping HT would blow me away.

Oh, yeah - I think I pulled a pic from iforigno's listings that you said was your ANH one, but this is one of the pics which I had thought was yours, not sure. I'll have dig through my Vader ref folder deeper.

1fbu3s.jpg

Oh, yeah - I think I pulled a pic from iforigno's listings that you said was your ANH one, but this is one of the pics which I had thought was yours, not sure. I'll have dig through my Vader ref folder deeper.

1fbu3s.jpg

Nope, not mine, I have no striped pillows. Usually just terrible pink chairs in background. But I think ilforigno uses several of my Vader pictures on his ebay auctions... and its shockingly the SS ANH Vader (modified).

Here's the ebay auction:

Custom 1 6 Scale Darth Vader Cape Tunic Set Star Wars Sideshow Hot Toys | eBay

So all those pictures are my Vader except the 3rd to last (Vader with many figures in background -- I think that's KingDarkness), and the very last picture is not mine (standing on grill, not sure whose). The others, including the one with Luke, are mine. He really got his mileage off those old shots.

Last edited:

you know, I'm not being jerky about this, but Anakin was the Hero and main character of SW. Luke just helped. for reals. BUT, I agree. Where the heck is a good Jedi Luke??? F Leia.

Maybe according to umpteen rewrites, additional shoots and CGI additions and a prequel trilogy which didn't gel at all well with the original trilogy... In the first movie in 1977, Vader wasn't even Luke's father, much less Anakin the hero of the whole saga... It was a space opera/adventure, with Luke clearly the 'hero', Leia the love interest (at that point likely Luke's), and Han the scoundrel 'big brother' role... :yess:

To keep consistent with Han and Old Ben, prolly trying their best to make sure Luke and Leia don't look like Hamil and Fisher.

Nope, not mine, I have no striped pillows. Usually just terrible pink chairs in background. But I think ilforigno uses several of my Vader pictures on his ebay auctions... and its shockingly the SS ANH Vader (modified).

Here's the ebay auction:

Custom 1 6 Scale Darth Vader Cape Tunic Set Star Wars Sideshow Hot Toys | eBay

So all those pictures are my Vader except the 3rd to last (Vader with many figures in background -- I think that's KingDarkness), and the very last picture is not mine (standing on grill, not sure whose). The others, including the one with Luke, are mine. He really got his mileage off those old shots.

This was the master pic combo I was trying to achieve (using heavily modded Hasbro junk, so obviously I fell well short...) which I believe is yours from that iforigno auction and the one on the right is a Hurricane. I was using these for proportions and overall look. I assumed both were Hurricane, but maybe it was the robes that threw me. Would love to see pics of your ESB Hurricane - I assumed everything he did was ANH.

zph7m.png

Lol... I wish. But when they do hit, it will be a disaster. We might as well just buy the jumbo kenner figures from here on out. HT clearly has failed on a unforgivable scale with SW. Despite giving us some of the best quality SW figures ever. I swear some of you guys literally would not be satisfied unless your dolls look like perfect 1/6 humans. That will never happen... Sorry they're toys peeps...toys The HT SW line isn't perfect, but my gosh look at them compared to where SW collecting started out. They are damn impressive. I don't collect 1/6 but if I were to buy them I would just enjoy them for what they are. Clearly if you have $300 to drop on a 1/6 toy your life is pretty good to begin with. Ok my rant is over... Just sick of reading how much HT has failed. But rest assured there are plenty more sucky OT figures coming from HT. ;)

I always enjoy your posts, and I agree that as first world problems go 'my dolly doesn't look exactly like the person it's supposed to' ranks pretty high. And I am grateful for everything the hobby has become in he last 10 to 15 years. But I think a big part of that is down to the online presence of vocal consumers on sites like this - hell, this site in particular - and I don't see why we shouldn't keep putting pressure on Hot Toys to better themselves. At they're best, they are amazing. No one has ever said that the Kenobi prototype doesn't look amazingly lifelike - just that it doesn't quite look enough like the character and actor. Han of course is a long way off. Ditto Chewie - everyone applauded HT's decision to take this on, it's incredibly brave, but after that people should feel free to make comments.

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to read your posts, and especially the titbits you throw our way. Hot Toys Jedi Luke? Fantastic news, and I speak as someone who's just spent £180 on a custom Jedi Luke.:slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back