Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I detest the padded undersuits HT keep using. I prefer to strip them down and sculpt the muscle groups onto the figure. Plus None of the padded undersuits give you LATS and for a lot of the figures that Is a Key part of their built, next to biceps, shoulders and triceps. Have that Strong "V" look then with sculpted lats.
You also keep articulation and once suit is on works a damn sight better without being PUFFY looking.

Now waiting for my S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap to do the Body Mods too.

This and my Super Soldier comic Rogers are my two favorite uniforms so Very Happy they did not screw up the S.T.R.I.K.E. uniform.

I detest the padded undersuits HT keep using. I prefer to strip them down and sculpt the muscle groups onto the figure. Plus None of the padded undersuits give you LATS and for a lot of the figures that Is a Key part of their built, next to biceps, shoulders and triceps. Have that Strong "V" look then with sculpted lats.
You also keep articulation and once suit is on works a damn sight better without being PUFFY looking.

Now waiting for my S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap to do the Body Mods too.

This and my Super Soldier comic Rogers are my two favorite uniforms so Very Happy they did not screw up the S.T.R.I.K.E. uniform.

Exactly.

this can be fixed just take a small exacto knife make a small incision along the top inner edge of the fat suit pull out the mid torso stuffing, while leaving the upper stuffing for bunker chest and lower part to fill out hips, the mid section will be narrow and more defined. Just a thought

What is it with all these white knights coming to HT's rescue lately? It's a really annoying trend. I don't see anyone with negative comments about the figure crapping on those who are positive. People have every right to criticize (big or small) a release if there's something about it that they're unhappy with. With every new release comes people who are either cool with it or not cool with it. Yes these are toys but they're expensive toys. If someone is paying $300 for something, they deserve to express their concerns or dissatisfaction. I'll never understand how someone finding faults with a figure bothers some people so much. If you're happy with the final product, then what do you care if a stranger isn't? If no one complained about a company's products, then that company would put out crap. Why bother putting money and time into a product if people will buy it regardless?

:goodpost:

Personally I think everyone should have their say, but it becomes annoying if someone goes on and on about it. There's certain people that will still complain about a figure they didn't like months or years after it's released. After I've read their critique a dozen times, I don't need to see it again. I think the threads would flow a lot better if people said their piece (over a reasonable number of posts and with back and forth when warranted) and then moved on. It's like the movie threads where you have a couple people that hate X movie and just won't let it go. Very boring and sometimes annoying to read.

It's also annoying when people say other people are wrong and are idiots for thinking there is nothing wrong with the figure.

But I used the comparison to show that he wasn't way too skinny. Not as skinny as how I feel you & others might be feeling about it anyway.

Oh ok, I thought you used those comparison pics to prove your point that Hot Toys got the body right, since your quote was sometimes Hot Toys knows what their doing.

Saying he's scrawny (that literally means unattractively thin and bony) sounds overboard to me. I might like a bit more shape here & there, but I feel it can display on my shelf nicely, without looking like Captain Anorexia.

I would agree with that, I think it's more of the initial shock of him not looking buff as a proto. I know he is not like scrawny like TAS2 figure.

Peeps see things differently I guess. Who's to say who's right? We both agree there's room for improvement.

Yeah I didn't know that until you mentioned it in this post.

:duff

I'm guessing somebody will attempt a body swap, & maybe impress some of us enough to do the same.

Like I said there is bound to be a lot of customs of this.

Um... are you drunk right now? Seriously...

It looks EXACTLY like him.

This is why I stick up for Hot Toys against the negative posts, because of ridiculous comments like this one.

I wouldn't say exactly like him but you would have to blind to not know this is Chris Evans.

Exhibit A:
Golden Age Cap body

Exhibit B:
Steve Rogers body

Exhibit C:
Stealth Cap body

I'd conclude they're all the same body, and it's just the padding that makes everything look off. Golden Age Cap looked puffy because of its suit (and the padding), and dollars to doughnuts, like has been suggested by others, that's why Stealth Cap looks so flat in the front. Take off the padding, tighten up the top (maybe even the arms), and it'll probably look much better. The GA Cap torso was huge, so I don't think all the scrawny claims are valid. The tailoring may not be showing it off well, but that's another matter.

Yeah but if you use the GA torso the suit will be more tighter and give him that muscular look, since the suit is tailored to a body with padding, you need a bigger torso, otherwise the suit will look too big if you just remove the padding.

Last edited:
Hmmm, was that not a zipper i posted a few pages back or something else? Really looked like the back had a crease for undoing the top of the suit.

:dunno

Really excited for this figure. Now I need to decide whether or not to go with the 2 pack. I really like the idea of having the Rogers fig posed with the Winter Soldier.

I'm actually getting a little excited about this release too. I'm not exactly the biggest Cap fan but the ability to pose the two of them together pretty cool. A rotating display would be super awesome with them. Anyone know if two figures can fit on the master light revolving stage?

Evans may not be 80s Arnold big but he's definitely 90s Arnold big.

dlkw1v.jpg

:lol No. Way.

It's called "movie magic."

For me this is a must have. More than any other figure I have gotten this year. I'm a big Cap fan and this set is fantastic. This set may be figures of the year for me if it ships by the end of December.

So those of Us who have the SUPER SOLDIER set, who plans getting a set of S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap hands for that figure too?
I do ;)

As for S.T.R.I.K.E. Captain America.
I think our friend in Mexico can surpass this leather work Hot Toys have gave us on the S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap.
Also looking at how to replace the Molded Boots with S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap for leather and Cloth and working buckles.

BTW for those who have S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap in hand, is the shield magnetic metal? A working Rare Earth Magnet in or behind the buckle on his back, would be awesome.

personally I feel that this is the best cap figure we have from hottoys to date.

great looking uniform and best chris evans sculpt. .

anyone with me? :)

Hell Yes yllum.

First sneak photo when they filmed this I was blown away. From the Comics the SUPER SOLDIER uniform has established itself as my firm fav of Roger's uniforms. The S.T.R.I.K.E. has done the same with the MCU now.

So those of Us who have the SUPER SOLDIER set, who plans getting a set of S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap hands for that figure too?
I do ;)

As for S.T.R.I.K.E. Captain America.
I think our friend in Mexico can surpass this leather work Hot Toys have gave us on the S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap.
Also looking at how to replace the Molded Boots with S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap for leather and Cloth and working buckles.

BTW for those who have S.T.R.I.K.E. Cap in hand, is the shield magnetic metal? A working Rare Earth Magnet in or behind the buckle on his back, would be awesome.

I hadn't thought of that, but good call on the gloved hands on the Super Soldier.

Definitely will be hitting Toy Anxiety when they break down this set and the Winter Soldier for some bits and pieces.

Back