Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the strike suit version looks a little weak in the arms and chest area

10431366_594582030667495_4839417372854502410_o.jpg

I read comments on here concerning the chest & body, & decided to watch the movie again, to remind myself what he actually looked like in the movie. This is a screenshot I took minutes ago (elevator scene).

f5skYF5.png

Compare the "comic book chest" Steve Rogers .....

902186-captain-america-and-steve-rogers-010.jpg

To the actual product.

10801852_778666485539670_5485151631733737581_n.jpg

I think HT know what they are doing (sometimes).

This post needs more attention.

Exhibit A:
Golden Age Cap body

Exhibit B:
Steve Rogers body

Exhibit C:
Stealth Cap body

I'd conclude they're all the same body, and it's just the padding that makes everything look off. Golden Age Cap looked puffy because of its suit (and the padding), and dollars to doughnuts, like has been suggested by others, that's why Stealth Cap looks so flat in the front. Take off the padding, tighten up the top (maybe even the arms), and it'll probably look much better. The GA Cap torso was huge, so I don't think all the scrawny claims are valid. The tailoring may not be showing it off well, but that's another matter.

Look at that... I was sure civilian cap was bigger, well. I dunno, I'll just wait until I get them and see with my own eyes

Look at that... I was sure civilian cap was bigger, well. I dunno, I'll just wait until I get them and see with my own eyes

Yeah, I had thought that too based on the pictures earlier today. Someone else mentioned they were the same body except for padding, which made me dig up the pictures on ebay. Let us know what you find out when you get the figures in hand!

I actually think the main problem with Cap is his shoulders don't look broad enough, and that right there is the reason why. Goes straight down from armpit to waist.

Well there it is... that padding is what does it. Completely flat all the way down... why is that even there? I wonder if the Stealth suit is sewn shut or closed with buttons in the back.
check out eBay it is actually a good combination of groin flap with buttons finally!!!!! and nice zipper with tag line for zipping if you eBay it you will see the break down there is hope for this suit in the long run!!!!!

Yeah, I had thought that too based on the pictures earlier today. Someone else mentioned they were the same body except for padding, which made me dig up the pictures on ebay. Let us know what you find out when you get the figures in hand!

Thanks for the pictures, you won't get this set? yeah I'll take some photos as soon as I get mine!

check out eBay it is actually a good combination of groin flap with buttons finally!!!!! and nice zipper with tag line for zipping if you eBay it you will see the break down there is hope for this suit in the long run!!!!!
Nice! That means the suit can be removed to take off the padding, if that's the case I don't think there's anything to worry about with this.

Thanks for the pictures, you won't get this set? yeah I'll take some photos as soon as I get mine!

Probably not. I really like the Stealth Cap look, but I love my First Avenger Cap even more (poor articulation and all). I may be tempted depending on how the in hand pictures look, but I'm trying to stick to just one Cap figure for my collection.

I'll inevitably want to display Cap facing off against the Winter Soldier (when I pick him up), and my current plan is to have a comic-inspired setup with FA Cap and Winter Soldier. But I loved the bridge scene from the movie, and Jingobell has some great pictures of that with civilian Steve, so that's incredibly tempting. That'd also give me an excuse to pick up Stealth Cap, who'd go along great with Black Widow. Wait, didn't I say no to this set? Well, it won't be so hard for me to say yes. :lol

Back