Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm glad they fixed the stealth sheild color. As for the body size he does look like he shrunk. Not sure if that's for articulation reasons or what. Pics don't lie, but hopefully looks better in person. Still looks awsome to me, and can't wait to have this set in hand. Rogers fig looks great as well. Although I wish they went with a better shield paint job. One that was actually used in movie instead of just promotion art. But that's a small gripe. Now I need to pick up some diplay items, and prep the case for arrival.

I would LOVE to get this Christmas! I remember at the end of 2012 Avengers Cap came out in HK around this time. I got it right before Christmas that year. I remember it was so close that my wife wrapped it and stuck it under the tree. Fingers crossed...

Thanks to Hippie for the info. Already being parted out on eBay.

I couldn't help myself and ordered an extra Rogers head sculpt for Golden Age. I want to display civvie Rogers and Winter Soldier in the shield punch pose so I had to bite the bullet. No Spidey for me...yet.

I think this set looks great. Amazing head sculpts with the best Evans likeness we've seen. I think they used the right bodies but the padding on the stealth figure is what's making his muscles lack definition. Easy fix, IMO.

Now bring on Falcon so I only have to wait for my Guardians, Marty and everything Star Wars. Ugh, just remembered AoU.

I'm disappointed in the STRIKE suit Cap. I was really looking forward to it too. I already have GA Cap, I may just get Winter Soldier(maybe Falcon) to go with my GA Cap and just move onto AoU.

This was going to be my first purchase to get back into the Hot Toys arena, but I'm disappointed as well. I'll just wait for the AoU figures and maybe get Falcon.

The change is disappointing but not nearly enough to make me not want it. The detail on the suit and both the sculpts are incredible, and the Rogers figure itself looks great. I'm sure in hand Cap will impress. I can't wait to display him with the rest of the team. Light armor Thor, Hulk, Amazing Spidey, and Wolverine.

This was the first post I read, completely agree and I see no reason to play catch up since it's clear the titty babies are out in full force. :goodpost: :exactly:

:pfft:

Chad Love Lieberman Scarlett Johansson Gallery (17).jpg

Exhibit A:
Golden Age Cap body

Exhibit B:
Steve Rogers body

Exhibit C:
Stealth Cap body

I'd conclude they're all the same body, and it's just the padding that makes everything look off. Golden Age Cap looked puffy because of its suit (and the padding), and dollars to doughnuts, like has been suggested by others, that's why Stealth Cap looks so flat in the front. Take off the padding, tighten up the top (maybe even the arms), and it'll probably look much better. The GA Cap torso was huge, so I don't think all the scrawny claims are valid. The tailoring may not be showing it off well, but that's another matter.

Well there it is... that padding is what does it. Completely flat all the way down... why is that even there? I wonder if the Stealth suit is sewn shut or closed with buttons in the back.

Well there it is... that padding is what does it. Completely flat all the way down... why is that even there? I wonder if the Stealth suit is sewn shut or closed with buttons in the back.

HT was trying to give it a little bit more bulk over its muscular body. I would've liked a bit more, but that likely would've affected the suit itself. I guess HT was trying to strike the right balance between aesthetics, design and articulation.

They shouldn't have used padding at all but rather a body with a larger frame like the one they used for the prototype.

30k4lfc.jpg

You can instantly see how much wider and fuller that body was and it gave the figure Evans' authentic V-shape. His head didn't look big with that body.

The more I look at it, the more I want it. But there's no way I could display GA Cap around Strike without it looking weird.

the lack of a chest isnt too obvious but the body definitely needs more traps with lower shoulders. it's unnaturally flat there. You can probably use some sculpey to make the body more accurate. hopefully the suit comes off easy.

Back