Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only bad thing about mine was the staining on the neck. I tried magic eraser, even to the point paint was coming off, no luck.

I think he looks pretty good in a museum pose, with or without helmet.

PD13965056082v5.jpg

review_cap2pack_1.jpg

For those who removed the suit, how in the world did you manage to do it without scratching off the shoulder decals?

It's a paint issue.

The stripes aren't so bad - a touch of silver paint can fix them. But the SHIELD and Rogers emblem are a different case.

The Rogers patch on my figure was a bit loose out of the box, and it's fortunately stayed on after removing the outfit (though some fabric glue would fix it up easily). The SHIELD decal is a different story... I've had parts of it come off, and by the time I noticed, there was no chance of finding the bits to reattach. I also have some scuffing on the shoulder flag, so I'm calling all of it (thematically appropriate) battle damage.

The Rogers patch on my figure was a bit loose out of the box, and it's fortunately stayed on after removing the outfit (though some fabric glue would fix it up easily). The SHIELD decal is a different story... I've had parts of it come off, and by the time I noticed, there was no chance of finding the bits to reattach. I also have some scuffing on the shoulder flag, so I'm calling all of it (thematically appropriate) battle damage.

Now I'm paranoid about mine LOL. Time to add some kind of fabric paint clear coat or whatever to the decals. Maybe even a thin solution of clear fabric glue.

Now I'm paranoid about mine LOL. Time to add some kind of fabric paint clear coat or whatever to the decals. Maybe even a thin solution of clear fabric glue.

To be fair, the decals have been coming off because I've been taking the outfit on/off for body mods. I doubt any of these would be issues if I had left it stock.

Happened to me too. I knew I had to be careful when handling the suit but it's so damn hard to get that suit off/back on that I couldn't care less at one point. XD It's not too bad though, you can still see most part of the decals so I just call it battle damaged. ^^

Maybe i'll wrap the shoulders in plastic before pulling the vest off. The same kind they wrap sensitive parts with in-package.

Wish me luck.

*looks for new uniform set* :slap

Maybe i'll wrap the shoulders in plastic before pulling the vest off. The same kind they wrap sensitive parts with in-package.

Wish me luck.

*looks for new uniform set* :slap

If I had to I might try clear coat of thinned fabric glue, thinned super glue, clear nail polish, etc. Tiny amount sort of patted on over logo w. toothpick.

Might do anyway hearing these logos might degrade/fall off. Mine have held up but I mess w. my figs time to time. And TWS figs are what - 5 years old now? HT cheap glue can dry up. Guess I'll give Bucky a hard look too.

The MoS body has been a popular option for body swaps, but I decided to do something different and use the IW Cap body. I had considered the CW Cap body, but the shoulders/traps looked too flat with that body, and it's nigh impossible to get parted out these days. In the end, the IW Cap body is a slight improvement over the stock body (maybe a 5-10% improvement). The torso is a bit longer, and there's some definition along the neck/shoulder line, but the shoulders still need definition, as does the chest. The neck is also too short now, so the head sculpt is sitting loose on top of the neck peg so that it doesn't look weird.

I'm glad I have this over the stock body, but I'm not sure it was really worth it since a Superman body costs maybe $30 more and gives you much more significant results. I have my figure in a dynamic pose, so the differences are even less obvious, but I'll echo the general consensus and recommend a Superman body swap over any other Cap body (unless you're willing to use putty to mod a Cap body).

I took some before/after pictures, but my phone camera didn't do a great job of capturing the differences.

This thread actually seems like the best place to ask this question because it’s about Cap bodies but not necessarily related to STRIKE Cap. Yeah I was in the first batch of people back when this was released to strip the figure, cut parts and add other parts to the stock body’s fat suit but never felt like going any further with a body swap. My question basically has to do with the concept art Cap body....

Has anyone stripped the CA Cap down to the body yet? The reason I ask is actually 2 fold. While the out of the box tapered shoulders/traps look great, it’s all Suit design with nothing but air underneath however comparing CA Cap with the others, there is definitely padding for the pecs. It feels tapered (unlike most bulking up top) and you can see a difference from the side as well as the front. The other reason that this body/suit combo has me so intrigued is that when I decided to swap the stock helmeted head with the CW or AoU Steve headsculpt, it definitely took a bit of finesse and creative posing to make the headsculpt look natural.

I dunno, maybe it’s just the same old same old and the new suit is what’s making all the difference but it’s unlike any Cap that has come before (including IW), seems almost unique like A1 Cap (in a much better way though) and really only has boots that are reminiscent of earlier dolls.

This thread actually seems like the best place to ask this question because it’s about Cap bodies but not necessarily related to STRIKE Cap. Yeah I was in the first batch of people back when this was released to strip the figure, cut parts and add other parts to the stock body’s fat suit but never felt like going any further with a body swap. My question basically has to do with the concept art Cap body....

Has anyone stripped the CA Cap down to the body yet? The reason I ask is actually 2 fold. While the out of the box tapered shoulders/traps look great, it’s all Suit design with nothing but air underneath however comparing CA Cap with the others, there is definitely padding for the pecs. It feels tapered (unlike most bulking up top) and you can see a difference from the side as well as the front. The other reason that this body/suit combo has me so intrigued is that when I decided to swap the stock helmeted head with the CW or AoU Steve headsculpt, it definitely took a bit of finesse and creative posing to make the headsculpt look natural.

I dunno, maybe it’s just the same old same old and the new suit is what’s making all the difference but it’s unlike any Cap that has come before (including IW), seems almost unique like A1 Cap (in a much better way though) and really only has boots that are reminiscent of earlier dolls.

From the CA Concept thread

It's a Deadpool body with bigger arms/thighs

Credit to @CupcakeMcGraw

VByPIhy.jpg

9pLP1nv.jpg

The only bad thing about mine was the staining on the neck. I tried magic eraser, even to the point paint was coming off, no luck.

I'm going to try something. You know how you can use silly putty to pick up images from comics and news paper? When you do it makes the image lighter, so I'm thinking that if you use it on the stain on the neck maybe it can pull some of the stain off or make it lighter. I've just got to find some and give it a try.

I'm going to try something. You know how you can use silly putty to pick up images from comics and news paper? When you do it makes the image lighter, so I'm thinking that if you use it on the stain on the neck maybe it can pull some of the stain off or make it lighter. I've just got to find some and give it a try.

Might work. Like an eraser.

https://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-ink-stains-from-plastic/

Plastics/vinyl are a pain when stained, bein' soft and porous. I wonder if anyone in this hobby eventually just has to learn some basic painting skills, just to do touch-ups. Course HT shouldn't be using fabrics that bleed ink in the first place:(. But they're not the only ones.

Tried it, didn't work. Oh well.

Back