Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few pics of my modded Strike Suit Cap, after I was able to find one loose on ebay for $160 (it was missing the belt but fortunately the Concept Cap uses the same one, which I was able to find easily). I didn't have any luck finding a MOS body so had to use magic sculpt and padding to bulk up the stock one as much as possible. I also darkened the striped areas, weathered the belt and holsters with pastel, and darkened and shined up the helmet to better match the movie (and also the rest of his outfit, since the lighter blue just didn't quite look right).

Anyway, I think I'm pretty happy with it now. The extra bulk does make him a bit less poseable, but I really just wanted him standing there looking badass anyway. :D

20190612_194108 (2).jpg

20190612_194803 (2).jpg

20190612_194741 (3).jpg

ggffa.JPG

I love that suit I wish Hot Toys would rereleased it with fixes to the suit/body

Here's a few pics of my modded Strike Suit Cap, after I was able to find one loose on ebay for $160 (it was missing the belt but fortunately the Concept Cap uses the same one, which I was able to find easily). I didn't have any luck finding a MOS body so had to use magic sculpt and padding to bulk up the stock one as much as possible. I also darkened the striped areas, weathered the belt and holsters with pastel, and darkened and shined up the helmet to better match the movie (and also the rest of his outfit, since the lighter blue just didn't quite look right).

Anyway, I think I'm pretty happy with it now. The extra bulk does make him a bit less poseable, but I really just wanted him standing there looking badass anyway. :D

View attachment 457239

View attachment 457240

View attachment 457241

View attachment 457244
Very cool looking. Always wanted this suit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nice! That looks really cool.

The stock figure itself does leave a lot to be desired, but I like this particular suit too much to not have it. It just might be my favorite Cap suit, as I think it’s the most practical. If this figure looked just like the CA Cap figure, it’d without a doubt be the ultimate Cap figure to me.

Thanks guys. And yeah this is definitely one of the coolest suits he ever wore. And I think it's my favorite Cap figure now too after all the mods.

I still love the onscreen CW suit the most, but the figure just doesn't quite do it justice due to that boxy upper body and short neck. I'm gonna see if I can improve the proportions on mine a little, but it'll probably be a challenge.

Love seeing the mods people do on this figure. This was the first ever hot toy figure I ordered (it was a preorder). I ended up getting a few figures before it though. I ended up upgrading from the single pack to the double pack and glade I did. The steve Rodgers figure is awesome and cap (one of my favorite suits no less) is a flat chested disappointment. I wish I had the skill to mod them. As seen above he could be so much better.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Great work, Dave. I'm hoping HT revisits this since it was in EG. If they're willing to do an IW Star Lord, no reason not to come back to this.

That would be awesome, but due to its short time in the film, I don’t see them doing an EG SS Cap. If they were to revisit this, I think an official TWS SS 2.0 would be more likely somewhere down the line, in order to try and keep milking the MCU license. It seems to be one of the more popular Cap outfits, which I think HT probably realizes, so I could see them saving this for an actual 2.0 as opposed to an indirect 2.0 simply because the suit made an appearance in EG.

The 2.0 Caps I could see them doing later on to try and keep the MCU train going is this, and TFA. Maybe A1 as well, but I could see them doing that through EG as perhaps an exclusive.

That would be awesome, but due to its short time in the film, I don’t see them doing an EG SS Cap. If they were to revisit this, I think an official TWS SS 2.0 would be more likely somewhere down the line, in order to try and keep milking the MCU license. It seems to be one of the more popular Cap outfits, which I think HT probably realizes, so I could see them saving this for an actual 2.0 as opposed to an indirect 2.0 simply because the suit made an appearance in EG.

The 2.0 Caps I could see them doing later on to try and keep the MCU train going is this, and TFA. Maybe A1 as well, but I could see them doing that through EG as perhaps an exclusive.

I dunno about that...they did a NA Scarlet Witch for AOU...and that legit appears for even less time than EG SS Cap! It will most likely happen now that we've seen HT release an IW Star Lord.

If it was just a straight reissue, I'm sure HT would have already rereleased this for EG. But given that they would need to make several improvements to bring it up to the level of their current Caps, it seems like much more of a long shot.

If they were going to redo one Cap, I'd rather it be the A1 since he was in much more dire need of an upgrade.

I was hoping for the reissue of this, and would sell this two pack. I really anticipated more announcements for Endgame. Still leaning towards selling this, as I’m trying to thin out the collection, but I guess I’d feel better knowing a new one was coming heh.

Back