Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i finally cracked. I knew this day would come. With no civil war version available anymore and the lackluster infinity war version on the horizon i finally caved. First order of the day, getting rid of the fat suit.

I think in terms of design, this is the most practical suit for captain america, the r,w,b, design isnt just a little old fashioned, its downright impractical. Hope i dont break the zipper.

Welcome to the club, and good luck with that zipper! There are horror stories about that.

I got rid of the padded suit after I got the figure and loved the extra articulation. But the tailoring looked a bit baggy at places without the padding (especially the waist), so I eventually put it back on. It turns out that, with the extra mods I did on the outfit, I get almost the same articulation as I had without the padded suit, so I'm happy with the bulkier look. I've considered a body swap/mod (the Man of Steel one seems to be popular), but I'm okay with the stock body for now.

Yeah it may be an unpopular opinion, but after rewatching all the Cap movies recently I think my two favorite looks are the WWII "Rescue" outfit from the first movie and this blue and silver one from TWS. The other more traditional outfits have just never really grabbed me as much.

I like the Rescue outfit, but the hero outfit from TFA is still my favorite (with this Stealth outfit a close second). It's a bit impractical in terms of color scheme, but I just love all the belts and straps, especially how the straps from the shoulder pads create the red abdomen stripes. That always struck me as a cool bit of functionality in the traditional Cap look.

Yeah it may be an unpopular opinion, but after rewatching all the Cap movies recently I think my two favorite looks are the WWII "Rescue" outfit from the first movie and this blue and silver one from TWS. The other more traditional outfits have just never really grabbed me as much.
Absolutely not an unpopular opinion. ^^ I know lots of people who agree and my fave Cap outfits are definitely Rescue, TFA and Stealth.

Welcome to the club, and good luck with that zipper! There are horror stories about that.

I got rid of the padded suit after I got the figure and loved the extra articulation. But the tailoring looked a bit baggy at places without the padding (especially the waist), so I eventually put it back on. It turns out that, with the extra mods I did on the outfit, I get almost the same articulation as I had without the padded suit, so I'm happy with the bulkier look. I've considered a body swap/mod (the Man of Steel one seems to be popular), but I'm okay with the stock body for now.

I like the Rescue outfit, but the hero outfit from TFA is still my favorite (with this Stealth outfit a close second). It's a bit impractical in terms of color scheme, but I just love all the belts and straps, especially how the straps from the shoulder pads create the red abdomen stripes. That always struck me as a cool bit of functionality in the traditional Cap look.
Totally! I adore the TFA suit. I love the retro look of it and I'd pick that over the Golden Age suit any day.

I think my secret fave is the Rescue outfit though. It's just so damn cool and practical and looks nothing like an imaginary superhero suit. It looks like a soldier in WWII, complete with pants of the Airborne Division. Love attention to detail. ^^

Absolutely not an unpopular opinion. ^^ I know lots of people who agree and my fave Cap outfits are definitely Rescue, TFA and Stealth.

Totally! I adore the TFA suit. I love the retro look of it and I'd pick that over the Golden Age suit any day.

I think my secret fave is the Rescue outfit though. It's just so damn cool and practical and looks nothing like an imaginary superhero suit. It looks like a soldier in WWII, complete with pants of the Airborne Division. Love attention to detail. ^^

If I ever break down and buy a third Cap figure, it'd totally be the Rescue outfit. I didn't catch the Airborne pants detail, but I do like that he basically looks like a regular WWII soldier (except for the brightly colored shield).

If I ever break down and buy a third Cap figure, it'd totally be the Rescue outfit. I didn't catch the Airborne pants detail, but I do like that he basically looks like a regular WWII soldier (except for the brightly colored shield).
Yeah, the boots, gloves knife and utility belts are paratrooper equipment too, so basically, he just grabbed an entire paratrooper outfit (well, except for the jacket) for that mission where he's about to jump out of a plane. :lol Fitting!

Yeah I just really love how it's a WWII paratrooper with a few bits of retro superhero mixed in, with the shield, blue top, and "A" on the helmet.

Unfortunately the HT figure is kinda expensive now, so I'm gonna try piecing together a custom with the KO outfit that's out there. So we'll see how that goes...

Yeah I just really love how it's a WWII paratrooper with a few bits of retro superhero mixed in, with the shield, blue top, and "A" on the helmet.

Unfortunately the HT figure is kinda expensive now, so I'm gonna try piecing together a custom with the KO outfit that's out there. So we'll see how that goes...
You gotta check overseas. :) Someone here recently sold him for 150€ ... If I didn't already own one, I'd have snatched him up. Such a nice deal!

Ha ha I'm still tinkering with that outfit - it's nice but I'm futzing with body, head, straps. Have a spare Cap head from the Stealth set I'm thinking of melting the hair in front so it sits under the helmet. But still considering options.

:exactly:

That's the only reason I showed mine as I just wanted to show how I was going with trying to mod the figure because people kept asking me when I was going to do it.

Today I purchased this figure, and it'll be arriving in about 10 days...
And let me assure you Darkvatar, your contributions on how to mod this figure have been essential for me, I'm creating a guide with your ideas and ideas from other members, so that when mine arrives, I'll be prepared to mod it with the best suggestions from all of you...

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Just opened the 2 pack tonight and took out the fat suit. Its pretty nice except for some staining on the neck. If anyone has some suggestions for getting rid of the staining it would be much appreciated. Its mostly hidden by the collar anyway. The only other problem is the liner which runs down the arms, that is what makes the elbows hard to bend. Otherwise this figure is top notch even being a few years old.

Warm water and soap may get rid of the stain. If not rubbing alcohol but go super light so it doesn’t mess the paint up

Also, may seem odd but magic eraser sponge things work well

I’ve used them plenty. If it’s sanding it’s like 30,000 grit. Do more damage with your finger. It worked on the Star lord neck stains as well. I’ve used them on all kinds of stuff over the last ten years. It either works or does nothing.

I'm still going through all the comments (I'm on page 512) to gather all the possible mod ideas for the chest and V shape problems
But, while I keep reading, I wanted to directly ask to people that might have gone through all the processes up until today; if I were to keep the body it comes with, what would be the best solution for the problems? It would be difficult for me to get a new and more fitting body, so all I can do is work with the original it comes with...

So... removing the fatsuit from the abs area? Only keeping the chest, back and the underpants?
Or, removing the whole fatsuit, and adding padding to the chest?

I'll keep reading all the comments to make a plan pf how I'll proceed with mine, but, contemporary suggestions would be useful...

I’m still looking for someone to do the mod for me lol. Got all the parts but it looks really complicated

Civil War Story Arc

33600790_10157454549800558_1360967645955883008_o.jpg

Inspiration

33532253_10157454550220558_990637415162970112_o.jpg

I don't have the figure myself yet, but there are a couple good mod videos on YouTube worth watching.

I watched clipper's video, but I'm not sure if I want to remove the whole fatsuit...

I’m still looking for someone to do the mod for me lol. Got all the parts but it looks really complicated

Are you planning to change the body? Or just to mod it?

Back