Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this pretty awesome mod on FB

10464048_803784563029775_8841290569489870649_n.jpg

10436162_803785106363054_2292283341358590926_n.jpg

10409607_803784626363102_2236924948493585542_n.jpg

1044052_803785019696396_4945811415940922204_n.jpg

Not terrible.

Very cool mod, sunnycrowe.

thanks for the pics sunnycrowe, that looks pretty good. I still don't know if I will risk any of these mods. I guess I'll have to see what I think once I have it in hand.

With you stuffing the ab padding into the chest, did you have any problems snapping the vest into place afterwards?

Cutting the inner blue vest is a Big No-No.... it disconnects the two sleeves from the stealth suit, and fuzzing is needed to shaft them back into the suit...

thanks for the pics sunnycrowe, that looks pretty good. I still don't know if I will risk any of these mods. I guess I'll have to see what I think once I have it in hand.

With you stuffing the ab padding into the chest, did you have any problems snapping the vest into place afterwards?

Firstly, the stealth suit is very very rigid.... any extra padding that u stuff on the chest, the padding will be compressed by the rigid suit, and you cant achieve a bigger chest look...... so u have to stuff a lot of padding inside to make the chest visibly bigger.... however it will be extremely difficult to zip the suit back on....

Therefore my stealth cap doesn't look as good as my Avengers cap.... the latter suit is not as rigid, n im able to stuff more padding inside the chest...

the hair looks too dry, as if he just showered and fresh... maybe some gel will do the trick.. im not sure... anyway it looks superb....

Hi all, this is what I mod to my captain

1419931156879.jpg

1418873409436.jpg

Show you the neck mod, is easy, no techniques required.

Use hair dryer to soften the neck & take the neck joint out
DSC_0549.JPG

Pull out the joint
DSC_0552.JPG

DSC_0553.JPG

Fixing the joint to the neck directly
DSC_0555.JPG

Plug to the body ball joint
DSC_0556.JPG

Finish
2015-01-29-23-22-36_deco.jpg

There. Just need a set of Golden Age hands and my stealth Cap will be finished. Really like the gauntlets on him and it solves the frayed cuffs/short sleeve issue.
Sorry for the sideways pic. Not sure why it attaches that way. View attachment 162888

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 424
There. Just need a set of Golden Age hands and my stealth Cap will be finished. Really like the gauntlets on him and it solves the frayed cuffs/short sleeve issue.
Sorry for the sideways pic. Not sure why it attaches that way.

image.jpg

Looks really great!
And it's a clever little mod that doesn't affect the figure hugely but improves the look a lot.
Well done there.

Did my 2nd mod on the cap.... Cut the fat suit at lower abs and stuff the fat suit up his chest.....

Bigger chest and slimmer waist, downside is the lower ab feels hollow now, doesn't grab the steath suit as tight as before..

Which is the major problem I mentioned when doing this mod. Guess it is is an inevitable thing to do though because it looks like it is the only way to obtain the V shape as Hyatt's Reeve torso mod's does not even have the perfect V shape.

My only regret on my 1st mod, was to cut the underneath blue vest.... though it allows arms to rest better on the sides (rather than flare out wide like Reeves superman body), but the two sleeves at shoulder tends to drop out and reveal the fat suit/body underneath..... but a little fuzzing will do....

The shape of the torso looks quite good and the best one I have seen so far, but the body still looks too skinny, and not big like the prototype. Nevertheless, good job man way better than mine. :clap

Cutting the inner blue vest is a Big No-No.... it disconnects the two sleeves from the stealth suit, and fuzzing is needed to shaft them back into the suit...

Ok that is three people now (including me) that have said not to do it.

Last edited:
Back