Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're paying about 175 a figure I really can't see picking one up for more than 40/60 bucks but thats just me. With it being a pretty hot item right now you might get it cheaper later?

After watching the Optibotimus review, I decided to cancel and found the headsculpt on ebay for 69.99. It's the cheapest original hot toys one I could find. Hopefully it will fit nicely on my Avengers version.

Oh well, it's gone, haha. Hopefully the price will drop, $70 was the cheapest I seen and it just got sold.

There's one thats fifty with two days left. I'm always amazed at how much the heads go for on their own.

this comment

eh I can see why people who dont know Budget or what he does may not understand, bit Shartimus cleared it up later in the comments, I dont really see anything wrong with it. it is weird seeing optibotimus say ass though, guess he does have some flavored vocabulary in there somewhere :lol

Shartimus is a friend of mine. So the comment was meant for him mostly. But on the internet, everyone will read it and put their own spin on it. I just didn't get why all of a sudden everyone was talking about Budget Stark. I wouldn't say it was "unnecessary" as i was just trying to understand things. I have ZERO problem with him, but for me, he just came out of no where i suppose. I do have a "flavored vocabulary" at times though LOL i try to keep that out of my videos though.

Budget Stark has really changed the reviewing game, first with Clip and now with other reviewers like ducatiboy and xeno. I believe Shartimus is now on board with Anthony as well.

If you're a reviewer, you're faced with the decision of whether or not to buy off of Anthony. If you don't, your reviews could be two or three weeks behind everybody else's.

Now I don't know if that will peel away viewers from your channel, especially if they like your reviewing style, but being first, especially on YouTube, is a pretty big deal.

He has honestly. And in talking with Tony privately the past few days, he really is a great guy that is helping a lot of collectors and reviewers. He's offered several times to pick things up for me and i've turned him down. (You can check with him if you don't believe me). I've told him that i'm not talking to him as a reviewer looking to get things. I think we genuinely have similar interests and i don't want to build a relationship with him based on him getting me things. I've enjoyed our conversations and enjoy building a friendship with him first and foremost.

Reviews are always helpful when you are able to be one of the very first people to review them. I've seen several people do things before me, Shartimus and Sean Long being new additions to that list. But i cannot and will not worry about what other people are doing. For some of us, it's a hobby but it's also a business. Of all those, i believe Sean, Shartimus and I are the only ones that actually do this as our jobs. So in being the first to review something, it can help boost views incredibly and with boosted views, comes more money. I have no interest in putting money ahead of building a friendship with Tony. If it eventually comes to that point that he can pick things up for me, so be it....but i don't want it to ever be "oh he's just talking to me because i can get him things." My reviews are later than some of those peoples, Sean for example, just uploaded Starboost and i don't even know if an extra will be available for me to buy from sideshow when they get their shipment...that's just the way it goes.

But it's no question that Tony has changed the way reviews are right now.

You know I used to feel the exact same way...

until Optibotimus started conversing more on here, hes actually quite nice and I really regret pouncing on him as much as I did months back.

shhhh most people think i'm an ass :p don't ruin it for me LMAO

But seriously, i'm glad we've talked more. This community (for the most part) is really supportive and it's beyond appreciated. Like with all communities, there are bad apples...but in doing this as long as i have, i've learned that there are far better good ones out there than bad ones.

shhhh most people think i'm an ass :p don't ruin it for me LMAO

But seriously, i'm glad we've talked more. This community (for the most part) is really supportive and it's beyond appreciated. Like with all communities, there are bad apples...but in doing this as long as i have, i've learned that there are far better good ones out there than bad ones.

:goodpost:

I canceled this set today (Sideshow gave me the seemingly now standard one-time courtesy of transferring the NRD to something else, which was a load off my mind. Thanks, Sideshow!) :)

I love the Rogers head but the sort of formless torso (not enough chest, not enough V-shape, unimpressive arms), the lack of articulation and the seemingly oversized masked head killed it for me. Also I've decided I'd rather just have one Cap in the collection, not two, strictly for shelf space reasons, so I'd rather have him in a traditional uniform. I'm pretty much onboard by default now with the Cap figure Hot Toys is about to reveal--so here's hoping it's awesome!

(Transferred the NRD to the Catwoman PF by the way.)

Did I miss a review that just killed this figure or something? I watched ClipperKing's(haven't had time to watch any more) but it seems people hate this fig. What happened?

Did I miss a review that just killed this figure or something? I watched ClipperKing's(haven't had time to watch any more) but it seems people hate this fig. What happened?

People are just upset with the body. I personally think it's fine. In the end, they're just toys, people. I think it could have been so much worse.

People are just upset with the body. I personally think it's fine. In the end, they're just toys, people. I think it could have been so much worse.

Yeah that was the thing. He talked about the fat suit hindering articulation and after the mod, the arms went higher, but the elbows were not improved.

I love that look from the comic, and I loved it in the film. So I am still excited. I am trying to decide now if I want to break my 1 version of MCU stuff for Cap. I love the look he has in AOU.

I love that look from the comic, and I loved it in the film. So I am still excited. I am trying to decide now if I want to break my 1 version of MCU stuff for Cap. I love the look he has in AOU.

Thats exactly why I want this fig too, man! I LOVED this suit during the Heroic Age. I remember being disappointed that they didn't save this suitable when hopefully Steve became director of SHIELD eventually but the film really made me change my mind on that whole thought. After I saw the film, I just had to buy the two pack as well as Winter Soldier as soon as I got home. I absolutely love that movie.

I'm going for a comic look so I may buy a red shield for him.

And does anyone know when Sideshow or other retailers will receive these and ship them out? I ordered mine at Alter Ego.

I do like his look in AOU, it's the best modern version of the classic suit we've seen so far but I really really wonder what he's gonna look like in Civil War. I may pass on AOU Cap since I'm sure he'll have a new costume in CW, along with Hawkeye and Tony.

Back