Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I used to feel the exact same way...

until Optibotimus started conversing more on here, hes actually quite nice and I really regret pouncing on him as much as I did months back. And Sean? Yeah I didnt really like him either (the voice, the everything's awesome etc..) But he had a chat on Clippers facebook group about it all... Hes genuinely just a fun nice guy. I find both to be extremely honest about freebies or paying for stuff, Sean explained a bit of it (even though it really isnt any of our business). And out of all that my feelings toward these two boiled down to one thing...Jealousy.They are given toys to sit down and play with, then tell us the good the bad and the ugly... could you imagine getting to do that for a living? **** sign me up.

that may have been simplified or slightly off point, but the good thing is you have a choice... to either support them by watching, or just moving on with your day

and I choose to not watch Seans vids, just because they arent my thing, but gotta hand it to the guy, hes built quite the name for himself

I have no hate towards Sean. He does have a great gig to get free stuff and talk about them but he's just not my thing. To be honest I don't really watch reviews all that much I mostly follow the topics here and go by peoples photos and personal experience with the figs if I have a question whether to purchase or not. I kinda already know what Im going to buy or not when the fig is announced. The only one that I passed on because of the final product was STRIKE Cap, and I havent seen one video review of it I just went by peoples discussion and pics here.

I actually watch most reviews to see the figure in action then I form my own opinion on it most of the time the aesthetics of the figure shown off is what I mostly care to watch, guys like Sean Long and Optibotimus are getting free things and are doing what they love, I have no problem with that, but I stopped watching both of their reviews for different reasons, Seans voice and gimmick is a little rough on the ears that can be too much sometimes, and for Optibotimus I remember him making an unnecessary comment on a Shartimusprime video about the recent popularity of Budget Stark that came off very petty and jealous, actually similar to how some people on here react to his gifts from sideshow.

Nick’s reviews are very good, he gets straight to the point while thoroughly showing off the figure, I just wish he reviewed more figures :lol

Like most, I think Clipper’s reviews are the best right now, but I probably enjoy them more than most because I think the guy is funny, so even when he rambles about something that doesn’t have to with the figure I’m still entertained :lol

I actually watch most reviews to see the figure in action then I form my own opinion on it most of the time the aesthetics of the figure shown off is what I mostly care to watch, guys like Sean Long and Optibotimus are getting free things and are doing what they love, I have no problem with that, but I stopped watching both of their reviews for different reasons, Seans voice and gimmick is a little rough on the ears that can be too much sometimes, and for Optibotimus I remember him making an unnecessary comment on a Shartimusprime video about the recent popularity of Budget Stark that came off very petty and jealous, actually similar to how some people on here react to his gifts from sideshow.

Nick’s reviews are very good, he gets straight to the point while thoroughly showing off the figure, I just wish he reviewed more figures :lol

Like most, I think Clipper’s reviews are the best right now, but I probably enjoy them more than most because I think the guy is funny, so even when he rambles about something that doesn’t have to with the figure I’m still entertained :lol

got a link? could be a simple thing that was taken out of context maybe? I know the hands bug people (myself included) but ive gotten over it in recent months

as for Clip, I too laugh my ass off watching his stuff

got a link? could be a simple thing that was taken out of context maybe? I know the hands bug people (myself included) but ive gotten over it in recent months

as for Clip, I too laugh my ass off watching his stuff

I’m going to try and look for it now, I saw it a few weeks ago, I think it was his Amazing Spiderman 2 review not 100% sure though.

Yea I found it should be the top comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYc6VQIXFg

this comment

I don't know who this guy is but i hear a lot of people talking about him. It's really nice that he's willing to help collectors out and all, but i really don't get why so many people seem to be up his ass so much lately

eh I can see why people who dont know Budget or what he does may not understand, bit Shartimus cleared it up later in the comments, I dont really see anything wrong with it. it is weird seeing optibotimus say ass though, guess he does have some flavored vocabulary in there somewhere :lol

Yea it wasn’t the worst comment in the world, but it was unnecessary nonetheless. I appreciate what Shartiumus, Clipper, and even Sean Long do by giving shout outs and such to help others guys in the collecting community build a following to help with their videos.

Before finding the site I spent a lot of time on youtube reviews. I ran into Seans a number of times. Don't really know much about the guy but know I can't get through his reviews. We're all big kids but there's something grating about how he does it. Honest question, is his voice for real? lol

Yea I found it should be the top comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYc6VQIXFg

this comment

eh I can see why people who dont know Budget or what he does may not understand, bit Shartimus cleared it up later in the comments, I dont really see anything wrong with it. it is weird seeing optibotimus say ass though, guess he does have some flavored vocabulary in there somewhere :lol

Budget Stark has really changed the reviewing game, first with Clip and now with other reviewers like ducatiboy and xeno. I believe Shartimus is now on board with Anthony as well.

If you're a reviewer, you're faced with the decision of whether or not to buy off of Anthony. If you don't, your reviews could be two or three weeks behind everybody else's.

Now I don't know if that will peel away viewers from your channel, especially if they like your reviewing style, but being first, especially on YouTube, is a pretty big deal.

well after 3 weeks in customs my Cap finally arrived along with the MK42, Starboost and Starlord arrives today so a great Hot toys week for me, i was not keen on the padding and cut out the fat suit, i also cut away some of the rubber vest, as its part of the arms this had to be done carefully not to cut too much away, the arm articulation is so much better now

well after 3 weeks in customs my Cap finally arrived along with the MK42, Starboost and Starlord arrives today so a great Hot toys week for me, i was not keen on the padding and cut out the fat suit, i also cut away some of the rubber vest, as its part of the arms this had to be done carefully not to cut too much away, the arm articulation is so much better now

Great haul.....pics of all pronto :wink1:

Its easy enough just be carefull and yes there are snaps and a zip be advised that the jacket will not fully come off

Lol I wish I did too! Once I get a better job lol :duff

Thanks to the video reviews I'm cancelling my two-pack. Just not "feeling it" and there too much good stuff coming out I'm more interested in.

Thanks to the video reviews I'm cancelling my two-pack. Just not "feeling it" and there too much good stuff coming out I'm more interested in.

Wish I could cancel. NRD and reward points out the window if I do. Maybe I can sell after I get it for cost but after the issues reported, not sure if I can.

Wish I could cancel. NRD and reward points out the window if I do. Maybe I can sell after I get it for cost but after the issues reported, not sure if I can.

Have u tried asking SS if they could transfer your deposit towards another figure?

Not sure what their current rules are, but people have managed to successfully do so in the past...

Back