Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His muscles disappear when he wears that helmet .....

tumblr_mmb1hklMJd1r93xiko1_500.gif

It looks great to me. I think people are making way to big a deal out of it like usual.

Guess HT had a ****load of Spider-Man bodies to offload. :monkey3

:lol But to be fair, I don't think the body is that skinny though.

Well, at least the suit appears to be the correct color.

Apparently there is a debate about that to as they think the colors are too bright but it's probably the lighting.

Forget about the pics? No need for comparisons? You know what forum you're in right? :lol

Yes I know but what I meant was it should be just obvious that you don't need to comparison pics to see that he is way too skinny.

Again... another one of those things that people will never be happy no matter what.

I thought the proto was a bit too bulky, and the production piece is a bit too thin.

Not a deal breaker at all... I am just so psyched that the Evans head sculpt came through 100% PERFECT!!!!!

What is it with all these white knights coming to HT's rescue lately? It's a really annoying trend. I don't see anyone with negative comments about the figure crapping on those who are positive. People have every right to criticize (big or small) a release if there's something about it that they're unhappy with. With every new release comes people who are either cool with it or not cool with it. Yes these are toys but they're expensive toys. If someone is paying $300 for something, they deserve to express their concerns or dissatisfaction. I'll never understand how someone finding faults with a figure bothers some people so much. If you're happy with the final product, then what do you care if a stranger isn't? If no one complained about a company's products, then that company would put out crap. Why bother putting money and time into a product if people will buy it regardless?

Last edited:
Personally I think everyone should have their say, but it becomes annoying if someone goes on and on about it. There's certain people that will still complain about a figure they didn't like months or years after it's released. After I've read their critique a dozen times, I don't need to see it again. I think the threads would flow a lot better if people said their piece (over a reasonable number of posts and with back and forth when warranted) and then moved on. It's like the movie threads where you have a couple people that hate X movie and just won't let it go. Very boring and sometimes annoying to read.

What is it with all these white knights coming to HT's rescue lately? It's a really annoying trend. I don't see anyone with negative comments about the figure crapping on those who are positive. People have every right to criticize (big or small) a release if there's something about it that they're unhappy with. With every new release comes people who are either cool with it or not cool with it. Yes these are toys but they're expensive toys. If someone is paying $300 for something, they deserve to express their concerns or dissatisfaction. I'll never understand how someone finding faults with a figure bothers some people so much. If you're happy with the final product, then what do you care if a stranger isn't? If no one complained about a company's products, then that company would put out crap. Why bother putting money and time into a product if people will buy it regardless?

This :lecture ... I mean we joined this board to express our views. And in my opinion, any view (good or bad), adds to the discussion and should be allowed to continue as long as his/her comments is not intended to directly attack or insult another member.

Anyway, here's hoping that the proportions of the suited figure in hand turns out to be less of an issue than in the photos. :pray:

Personally I think everyone should have their say, but it becomes annoying if someone goes on and on about it. There's certain people that will still complain about a figure they didn't like months or years after it's released. After I've read their critique a dozen times, I don't need to see it again. I think the threads would flow a lot better if people said their piece (over a reasonable number of posts and with back and forth when warranted) and then moved on. It's like the movie threads where you have a couple people that hate X movie and just won't let it go. Very boring and sometimes annoying to read.

Well pics of the figure just came out last night so interest in the figure is at it's highest. You're gonna see a lot of back and forth comments both positive and negative. This won't slow down until the figure has been out and in everyone's hands for a while.

Regarding suit color. We don't know what HT bases their products off- real photos or examples of the costumes or screen shots from the movie. These are two VERY different things. What ends up on screen, color and contrast-wise is a far cry from what exists in life to the naked eye. The amount of processing and color grading is absurd. You can't just point at a screenshot and say "see it's different!" Because more often than not, generally as in, always, what you see on screen doesn't represent a tonality that even really exists. The images that end up on movie screens are not simply what the camera picks up. And even different cameras process colors differently. So really, taking photos of a toy where you don't even know what camera was used to take the photo and comparing them to a screen shot from a movie that had its color altered heavily both on set with lighting and in post production with color grades and trying to point out the subtle differences in brightness or tonality is an absurd thing to do.

I don't mind people having issues with the figure, even though personally the things that are being pointed out at not a huge deal to me, but this one particular issue is just flawed from the get go so any discussion that arises from it is kind of moot.

Yes I know but what I meant was it should be just obvious that you don't need to comparison pics to see that he is way too skinny.
But I used the comparison to show that he wasn't way too skinny. Not as skinny as how I feel you & others might be feeling about it anyway. Saying he's scrawny (that literally means unattractively thin and bony) sounds overboard to me. I might like a bit more shape here & there, but I feel it can display on my shelf nicely, without looking like Captain Anorexia.

Peeps see things differently I guess. Who's to say who's right? We both agree there's room for improvement. I'm guessing somebody will attempt a body swap, & maybe impress some of us enough to do the same.

:exactly: :goodpost:

People (some, most, about half?) expected something that doesn't appear, at least right now, to meet those expectations. I don't know if grousing and complaining will accomplish much of anything (in fact, I know it won't), but I think people have the right to vent.

I get it, it's annoying when people belabor the point. But looking at JingoBell's pics just underscores, at least to me, this figure's sheer lack of bulk. While I will concede the proto may have been too buff, the production piece is almost a complete 180. Now that Yulli headsculpt looks too big for the body. Sigh.

I checked out some evil bay sellers for some loose items and both figures use the exact same body but the Stealth Suit Cap uses a padded body suit. That's probably the reason there is less definition in the pecs area. I may try removing that to see if it makes any difference. Or I may swap bodies with Golden Age as I think that's an entirely different body.

Or I may be totally happy with him once I have him in hand. The silver lining here is that even though we shouldn't have to do any mods, a body swap is one of the easiest fixes to do. I'll have my set early next week so I'll share my thoughts and pics as soon as I can.

I checked out some evil bay sellers for some loose items and both figures use the exact same body but the Stealth Suit Cap uses a padded body suit. That's probably the reason there is less definition in the pecs area. I may try removing that to see if it makes any difference. Or I may swap bodies with Golden Age as I think that's an entirely different body.

Or I may be totally happy with him once I have him in hand. The silver lining here is that even though we shouldn't have to do any mods, a body swap is one of the easiest fixes to do. I'll have my set early next week so I'll share my thoughts and pics as soon as I can.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

Rogers headsculpts- very disappointing- doesn't even look much like Evans..I'm baffled.

Regarding suit color. We don't know what HT bases their products off- real photos or examples of the costumes or screen shots from the movie. These are two VERY different things. What ends up on screen, color and contrast-wise is a far cry from what exists in life to the naked eye. The amount of processing and color grading is absurd. You can't just point at a screenshot and say "see it's different!" Because more often than not, generally as in, always, what you see on screen doesn't represent a tonality that even really exists. The images that end up on movie screens are not simply what the camera picks up. And even different cameras process colors differently. So really, taking photos of a toy where you don't even know what camera was used to take the photo and comparing them to a screen shot from a movie that had its color altered heavily both on set with lighting and in post production with color grades and trying to point out the subtle differences in brightness or tonality is an absurd thing to do.

I don't mind people having issues with the figure, even though personally the things that are being pointed out at not a huge deal to me, but this one particular issue is just flawed from the get go so any discussion that arises from it is kind of moot.

You might be right. Though, honestly they shouldn't be working from anything other than screencaps. As fans and collectors I think the majority of us want only whats on screen. Not a representation of what the wardrobe department put together or what it took lighting wise to get it there. A very similar discussion occurs about twice a week in the robocop thread and I've yet to see a winner. Though common sense dictates that most of us want screen accurate and nothing else.

On a side note I'm not a massive Cap fan so the colors don't bother me so much. The chest issue does but I really hope it can be fixed by stuffing the pecs.

Back