Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't think so. Just conjecture but you might avoid it by stuffing something like cotton through the collar.

Is there enough room in that area to do that?

You'd definitely have to tare the suit apart to replace the whole body.

Yeah you would but I think you would get a perfect fit. I am guessing there will be a lot of customs of this figure.

Fantastic set of figures, I think they turned out really well. Both the masked and unmasked headsculpts are about 100x better than any Captain America/Steve Rogers sculpt Hot Toys has attempted prior. Quite frankly the others are an abomination compared to these. I'm not a huge fan of the stealth suit, but I think for now - if you're going to have one Captain America in your collection then this is the one(s) to get.

I read comments on here concerning the chest & body, & decided to watch the movie again, to remind myself what he actually looked like in the movie. This is a screenshot I took minutes ago (elevator scene).

f5skYF5.png

Compare the "comic book chest" Steve Rogers .....

902186-captain-america-and-steve-rogers-010.jpg

To the actual product.

10801852_778666485539670_5485151631733737581_n.jpg

I think HT know what they are doing (sometimes).

I read comments on here concerning the chest & body, & decided to watch the movie again, to remind myself what he actually looked like in the movie. This is a screenshot I took minutes ago (elevator scene).

f5skYF5.png

To the actual product.

Why are people debating about this, it is just a fact he is too skinny, he looks scrawny, not to mention that the suit doesn't even look tight but looks too big and baggy. That doesn't mean that this set sucks though, it's just that the body for this figure is wrong. Forget about comparing pictures as you just don't need comparison pics it's obvious he looks scrawny on that secret base video. Maybe the proto was a bit too big but the final product is too skinny.

Why are people debating about this, it is just a fact he is too skinny, he looks scrawny, not to mention that the suit doesn't even look tight but looks too big and baggy. That doesn't mean that this set sucks though, it's just that the body for this figure is wrong. Forget about comparing pictures he looks scrawny on that secret base video.

where else should we look? he doesnt wear the suit after that. what do the people want? a Captain that looks like in the movies or a Cornetto prototype? i dont get it, sorry.

Fantastic set of figures, I think they turned out really well. Both the masked and unmasked headsculpts are about 100x better than any Captain America/Steve Rogers sculpt Hot Toys has attempted prior. Quite frankly the others are an abomination compared to these. I'm not a huge fan of the stealth suit, but I think for now - if you're going to have one Captain America in your collection then this is the one(s) to get.

This will be Cap 5 and 6 for me. Overall i think it is the best they have done but it's hard to be sure until i have it in hand.

First Avenger Cap has restricted articulation. Avengers Cap is too thin. Golden Age Cap is too puffy. Strike Cap is scrawny. Vigor Cap needs another shield.

It's a 1/6 figure, not a clone. A toy. Not Chris Evans.

If you don't like it that's fine but some of you just getting annoying with all the complaining nonstop. These are TOYS and will NEVER be PERFECT!

where else should we look? he doesnt wear the suit after that. what do the people want? a Captain that looks like in the movies or a Cornetto prototype? i dont get it, sorry.

I just meant it is obvious, in that there is no need for comparison pics. But if u want them then here you go.

View attachment 147320

And here is a quote from Samuraimasta

In the movie the pecs are more defined and the whole suit has a 'muscle suit' vibe to it, whereas the in HT version the chest is flat as a board and the 'arch' in the middle is way too prominent. All in all this is a very phoned in effort by HT. It's too bad because I was waiting for this set to make a mini avengers display going but I'll probably sober up and save the money for Avengers 2 figures....Hopefully HT will bring their A game to those

f5skYF5.png

To the actual product.

yes u are spot on..chris evans wasn't bulky either in the movie.

A little cartoonish in the arms, but I so wanted this.

View attachment 147344

Yeah I would must prefer something bigger than normal than something scrawny.

First Avenger Cap has restricted articulation. Avengers Cap is too thin. Golden Age Cap is too puffy. Strike Cap is scrawny. Vigor Cap needs another shield.

It's a 1/6 figure, not a clone. A toy. Not Chris Evans.

If you don't like it that's fine but some of you just getting annoying with all the complaining nonstop. These are TOYS and will NEVER be PERFECT!

The proto was a toy to and had the same articulation, so your point is invalid. As far as the complaining goes, I am not complaining anymore, but people just seem to want to be in denial and try to convince people that there is nothing wrong with the body, when there obviously is. I just see no point going on about it.

Yeah I would must prefer something bigger than normal than something scrawny.

The proto was a toy to and had the same articulation, so your point is invalid.

What you said makes no sense in relation to my comment and you have no idea what articulation the proto or the regular has. The proto shots are always in poses the production figures can't do.

What you said makes no sense in relation to my comment and you have no idea what articulation the proto or the regular has. The proto shots are always in poses the production figures can't do.

Always?

Anyway I am pretty sure they could of made this the same as the proto with similar articulation. All I am saying is it should look similar (not identical) to the proto. If they had to make him scrawny in order to please folks that want a lot of articulation and this was the only way then I guess they succeeded.

Why are people debating about this, it is just a fact he is too skinny, he looks scrawny, not to mention that the suit doesn't even look tight but looks too big and baggy. That doesn't mean that this set sucks though, it's just that the body for this figure is wrong. Forget about comparing pictures as you just don't need comparison pics it's obvious he looks scrawny on that secret base video.
Forget about the pics? No need for comparisons? You know what forum you're in right? :lol
His muscles disappear when he wears that helmet .....

Back