Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think is looks great! Not spot on but a good looking figure this pic sold me.
a369417355ac85e4234f8348af91cb06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why do I feel like I am the only one who like this figure? hahahaha

so many negetive comments so far

why do I feel like I am the only one who like this figure? hahahaha

so many negetive comments so far

Personally, I like everything else about the figure; it's just the slender arms that I'm not too crazy about.

What pisses me off is the fact that the un-cancellable pre-order I placed was based on that amazing prototype they showed us, but now I feel like they did not deliver on that promise. I know HT has their off days, but why must it be on a figure that I've been looking forward to all-year!! :gah:

(sorry if I overreacted lol)

Looks pretty good to me. Yeah, it could have been better, but I'm not as disappointed as before. I think I was pretty set on displaying it dressed like this:

10801852_778666485539670_5485151631733737581_n.jpg

But now I find myself interested in the civilian look as well.

10422443_778676202205365_707902148025767001_n.jpg

I think HT did a nice enough job on this.

I wasn't all that impressed with the proto to be honest, and thought I'd hold my tongue until the production photos started rolling in, but looks like HT fixed none of the issues I had with the proto:
- color is off, red is too bright
- regular shield wasn't included after all and the stupid BD shield made it to production. Did HT staff even watch the movie?? Why is it there? I just don't get it..
- the chest detail is way off. This is my biggest issue with the figure. I think this pic illustrates the problem pretty well-
wgx211.jpg

In the movie the pecs are more defined and the whole suit has a 'muscle suit' vibe to it, whereas the in HT version the chest is flat as a board and the 'arch' in the middle is way too prominent. All in all this is a very phoned in effort by HT. It's too bad because I was waiting for this set to make a mini avengers display going but I'll probably sober up and save the money for Avengers 2 figures....Hopefully HT will bring their A game to those

Golden Age Cap with the new head looks pretty dang good. Looking forward to making that swap, and getting the nifty civilian boots for another figure of mine.

Where'd all his muscle go? :dunno Looks extremely scrawny now.

10678804_778672035539115_7500122357497238073_n.jpg

up_1.jpg
This pic best illustrates the difference between prototype and production, and is a bit disappointing. Maybe switching the Golden Age body and this one for their respective suits would work better? Still looks good overall to me, but there clearly are some imperfections.

Of course the one night I hit the hay early, this drops. :lol

Thanks for posting all of those pics, Henry. You :rock

Agree with the general consensus. He was ripped in the protos, but he looks like a wimp in these photos. The serum must be wearing off.

We saw evidence of this in the last round of pics from that exhibition, I think it was Kingdom Come, but I didn't want to believe them. Good going, Hot Toys! :slap

Not going to cancel, this will be my first Cap. But what percentage of collectors are going to stuff the chest and arms? I have a feeling HT hates its own protos. If it's not one thing, it's another. SMH.

Very disappointed with how scrawny stealth suit looks compared to proto. Time to start up a customization thread methinks. I wonder how much give the suit will have to bulk him up.

I can see the difference, but it's not enough for me to cancel my order. Overall I still love it and can't wait to own the set. I've got all the Caps so far, I'm not stopping now.

Back