1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to cancel too many custom projects going on at the minute and i've got python coming too..i'll pick her up from lootentoys at somepoint he's got her pretty cheap

That's exactly what it is. Sorry to burst quigon's bubble, but those pics that everyone is fawning over these last couple of posts is a trick with the lighting to make the eyes look more tame. It's extremely annoying that as it was stated, the flaw is once again HT messing up on the makeup, particularly the lip color. It's too dark and flat and any photo you can clearly see that Scar for the most part is wearing a pinkish bright lipstick or just a brighter shade in general as Widow in the film.

It's a minor issue to some but IMO, it takes so much off of Scar's true likeness. Like I said in the review, the one time I felt that HT's finally nailed Scar's true hazel like eye color, with this particular sculpt, they blew it by making the eyeballs much too glossy so when the light hits her eyes straight on , she has that glazed eye stare, because the pupils are so much brighter.

Now I still think the entire figure as a whole is the best representation of her film look as widow despite the vague look.

I'm going to say this, if people think that the avenger's sculpt is dead on Scar, wait to compare both sculpts in hand to the naked eye, you guys will see how far off the mark HT's was with the avenger's sculpt's likeness compared to this WS sculpt. :lecture

For those who want a good representation of the movie in figure form, look no farther, however for those who want or expect that they are going to get a different sculpt then what the bloggers or what I posted, well it's not going to happen.

Again, see for yourself, but it's all dependent on how a collector will portray the figure in the right lighting.

Rest to sure, that starry look is there to stay

This is as close to what you will be seeing in pure natural daylight

As you can see the eyes are glazed

But in the different lighting effect, it's not so obvious, however it's still noticeable.

Like I also stated, other than say a SS PF or statue that's not a figure, I don't think at this time as an all around 1/6 figure scale version for TWS film for widow are you going to get such a solid collectible piece for your collection than this HT's version.

Good observation

I like this figure more and more :drool can't wait to get her!!! :gah:

scarlett-johansson-impressed-gif.gif

Yes but this is pretty much just a Barbie

She's the same as any other figures HT makes -she's got the same articulation, same quality sculpting, details and clothing.

Ultimately, though, a lot of non collectors will look at all your HT figures and think of them as dolls, not just Black Widow, but your Iron Man and the other dudes, too. *Shrugs*. The best thing to do is just not let it bother you.

She's the same as any other figures HT makes -she's got the same articulation, same quality sculpting, details and clothing.

Ultimately, though, a lot of non collectors will look at all your HT figures and think of them as dolls, not just Black Widow, but your Iron Man and the other dudes, too. *Shrugs*. The best thing to do is just not let it bother you.

:exactly::goodpost:

Thanks. :)

It just seems funny to me sometimes that there's this focus on "rooted hair = barbie" thing, when there are other things about the 1/6th scale hobby that could be comparable to barbie (if you're trying to do that) that have nothing to do with rooted hair:

-The ability to change outfits, add a jacket or an accessory (like a helmet or a poncho).
-The ability to buy a full 'fashion set' (thinking not just of TWS Black Widow civvie clothes, but of the Stuttgart Loki outfit)
-Batman fitting in the Tumbler or Marty in the Delorean is a higher end version of Barbie taking a ride in her pink plastic jeep - barbie could also easily dump Ken and take a ride with Batman or Marty, for that matter.

And Ken dolls didn't have rooted hair for a long time. :panic: :lol

I think it's just silly that people freak out about rooted hair. If you genuinely don't like it because you don't like to futz with it, that's one thing, but if it's because of the barbie stigma.... I mean, there are other ways to compare these figures to barbies if someone wants to do that, regardless of the differences.

Last edited:

It just seems funny to me sometimes that there's this focus on "rooted hair = barbie" thing, when there are other things about the 1/6th scale hobby that could be comparable to barbie (if you're trying to do that) that have nothing to do with rooted hair:

-The ability to change outfits, add a jacket or an accessory (like a helmet or a poncho).
-The ability to buy a full 'fashion set' (thinking not just of TWS Black Widow civvie clothes, but of the Stuttgart Loki outfit)
-Batman fitting in the Tumbler or Marty in the Delorean is a higher end version of Barbie taking a ride in her pink plastic jeep - barbie could also easily dump Ken and take a ride with Batman or Marty, for that matter.

I think it's just silly that people freak out about rooted hair. If you genuinely don't like it because you don't like to futz with it, that's one thing, but if it's because of the barbie stigma.... I mean, there are other ways to compare these figures to barbies if someone wants to do that, regardless of the differences.

:goodpost:

Weird to see this topic up again, I haven't meet anyone that thinks of this figures as dolls, you can't even play with these so they barely are "toys" they are stuff made for a 1/6 scale museum I guess :lol

Luckily when it comes to figures I only care about what I think

Very true, and some good points. I'm sure that rooted hair is used to provide the most accurate interpretation of the character, in some cases sculpted hair can do that... it just happens to be the best method for a lot of female characters, and some male

:goodpost:

Weird to see this topic up again, I haven't meet anyone that thinks of this figures as dolls, you can't even play with these so they barely are "toys" they are stuff made for a 1/6 scale museum I guess :lol

Luckily when it comes to figures I only care about what I think

Right on, thats the should be :rock

Reminds me of The Last Boyscout:

"Well, *****, you let her wear enough makeup. The kid looks like a ******* raccoon. She comes in late at night, I think, ‘******, a burglar.’ I almost shot her twice."

This happens way to often for me. It's like a slap in the face :lol :goodpost:

Back