1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no problem waiting out Thor. You knew more movies with him were coming. The first version looked like Caesar from Spartacus to me so I never had an interest even if he had a helmet included. The Dark World version is about perfect. I have some faith they can get Widow right, the biggest issue is how they seem to struggle with female figures in general.

They should get more practice :lol

Peggy Carter
Lady Sif
Jane Foster
Pepper Potts
Maria Hill

gimme all of the above Hot Toys..... right now......now .......NOW!

^ Yep. Practice makes perfect! :hi5::lol

ETA: Gamora looks outstanding so far, though. The best female sculpt I've seen from them.

And I think Avengers Widow and this Widow are both great. This one's eyes look a little too wide in the pictures, but I'm still confident it won't be nearly as noticeable in hand and on display on your shelf.

And I love the hair on this Widow.

ETA: Gamora looks outstanding so far, though. The best female sculpt I've seen from them.

And I think Avengers Widow and this Widow are both great. This one's eyes look a little too wide in the pictures, but I'm still confident it won't be nearly as noticeable in hand and on display on your shelf.

Yes Gamora and the new Alien Ripley look amazing. So they can get females right!

I had no problem waiting out Thor. You knew more movies with him were coming. The first version looked like Caesar from Spartacus to me so I never had an interest even if he had a helmet included. The Dark World version is about perfect. I have some faith they can get Widow right, the biggest issue is how they seem to struggle with female figures in general.

Yeah I'm waiting for AOU Thor and hopefully has the silver on his tunic instead of gold like on the Dark World version.

Yes Gamora and the new Alien Ripley look amazing. So they can get females right!

Yes I totally agree with both of you :hi5: :hi5:

Yes I agree that you should just wait to see it in hand. Like I stated the whole figure is very nice and my favorite representation of Widow out of the three made. The suit and hair are the key elements to the focus on the figure.

I grabbed this photo out of my archives of the Avenger's widow

I still think this version can pull off the Scar Widow swag the best IMO

Is it perfect..no, but she's worth getting if you are a fan of the movie character and PO her so why not include it in your WS collection if you are planning to start one.

It's a process seems to me that HT keeps improving on her but still haven't perfected it yet for some reason, so I believe by AOU we might see the perfected result hopefully.

I still think this version is leaps ahead of the Avenger's version which I thought was leaps above the IM2 version.

So you can tell they are well in their way but it's still a process.:lecture

Last edited:
After coupon I'm getting her for $186 shipped so I'm okay with it all. If AoU version is much better I'll just sell this one and get that.

...Like I said as the figure as a whole is a nice piece to own :lecture

.....One closing thought, my views are strictly based on pics of widow I've seen in TWS form. Unfortunately I missed watching this film in the theater so I can't be 100% sure this figure is accurate in the outfit. I'm not even sure how many scenes she had with this outfit on because I saw many pics of widow in civilian clothing.

Rest to sure, I will be pining for the blu ray release.

Thanks for the very thorough look and review of the figure, guyver1....much appreciated. I'm still not 100% on this one, but like so many other figures....no picture is doing it the justice of having it right in front of you...

You're spot on about the outfit...it looks really good. I'm liking the multi-texture choices with the fabrics abd such....looks really sharp.
It's funny you brought up Jedi Luke in your comments about the figure....I had the same thought looking at the various pictures turning up on this one...Sideshow's Jedi Luke is such a great figure...great outfit, good tailoring and accesories...with a portrait that's almost undone but a vacant stare, similar to what we're seeing here with BW. It's interesting to see someone else picked up on that.... :).

Thanks again for the great review...looking forward to seeing some more pictures of her from you....still got a little time left before Sideshow starts processing her so....looking forward to seeing if I can get closer to 100% by seeing some more pictures.....

Got the notice from sideshow that processing will begin in 14 days .... Anyone else noticing shipping fees are somewhat higher than normal? Usual HT figures for me ship at $10 but quote on BW is $18.65. She is hardly larger than Thor or Man of Steel.

Got the notice from sideshow that processing will begin in 14 days .... Anyone else noticing shipping fees are somewhat higher than normal? Usual HT figures for me ship at $10 but quote on BW is $18.65. She is hardly larger than Thor or Man of Steel.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Probably making up for the fact that she is quite a bit cheaper:lecture

Yeah some of my figures have had higher than normal shipping too. SS has been cruddy lately. Not shipping same day as they charge, higher shipping fees. It's troubling

Typical initial cries when figure is released... then acceptance once in-hand. It's fascinating really.

The likeness is way better than any of the previous figures. People are generally pretty bad at taking photos and futzing widow's hair.

So I haven't had internet for about a week. She's coming out in around 2 weeks? Also, holy ****! Almost $20 for shipping is crazy. The Avengers Widow was almost half that and I don't see the box being that much bigger. I'm glad I had the Rewards Points so it'll come out to about the same as the last Widow.

Back