1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good but damn does she need more meat on her bones. One of the awesome things about ScarJo is that she is NOT a twig.

I don't understand why they haven't realized that yet. They added some meat to Cap.. Now do the same for Widow!

Edit: and I was kidding about taking the figures! Definitely don't do that :lol

You know what? Her face looks too big. I knew there was something, but couldn't put my finger on it.

guyver, thanks for that review! Especially the bit about the articulation. The headsculpt was (and still is) iffy, but the limited articulation is another point against it right now. It certainly makes it easier to cancel my preorder, but I may pick it up down the road if/when there are better headsculpt options.

You know what? Her face looks too big. I knew there was something, but couldn't put my finger on it.

The problem is the eyes and mouth are bit stretched which isn't an issue but the eyes are so glossy besides a little stretched which gives her an obscure look.

Nevermind what I stated before about the arm rotation. it is possible for raised arms, you just got to work with the outfit while attempting the movement

Same with the knee bends

Last edited:
You're absolutely right that some of the pictures out there are a little too perfect to make accurate judgments from. I have experience with this: I wanted a Hit Girl sixth-scale figure. Medicom made one, and another company made an unlicensed knockoff. Medicom's bore no resemblance to Chloe Moretz but was rather a sort of anime-inspired caricature. The knockoff, however, looked great in all the photos I saw. Perfect even. Then I bought it and saw it for myself.

It still looked great except for one crucial detail. The skin tone on the face was much too dark. She looked like she had spent a long time in a tanning booth and it just looked wrong for a figure based on a blonde girl with pale skin like Chloe. The skin tone issue wasn't detectable at all in the pictures I saw, because the photographer had employed dramatic lighting to highlight the figure, which also served to make the skin look much lighter. In the end I had to pick up a Kumik Chloe headsculpt and pop that on top of my Hit Girl figure.

These days I take all the super professional looking photo threads with a grain of salt, and instead pay more attention to the pictures posted by people who don't look like they're shooting in a photo studio. Live and learn.

The Medicom headsculpt looked great in hand.

This pic probably shows the Scarjo likeness better than any other pics I've seen. It's not perfect and the eyes are a real problem area, but the in hand pic are looking a lot better than the blogger pics. I think the best poses for this one will be with the held tilted down so the eyes aren't looking straight forward.

Man, the Winter Soldier Scarlett looks like she's been hypnotized. Other than that though, this is certainly the most accurate Scarlett likeness HT has given us. Close the mouth and take the fog out of her eyes and it's dead on.

Of course that still leaves the body issues. I'm convinced it's not that the HT female bodies are too thin, it's that they're too long, especially in the legs. Scarlett has curves, but she's also about 5'4". The HT body stretches her out to about 5'8" and makes her look willowy. If you look at the HT female figures without clothes, they have good curves in the hip and butt, it's just that the legs are too long. From the waist down Black Widow needs to be a bit more squat.

Man, the Winter Soldier Scarlett looks like she's been hypnotized. Other than that though, this is certainly the most accurate Scarlett likeness HT has given us. Close the mouth and take the fog out of her eyes and it's dead on.

Of course that still leaves the body issues. I'm convinced it's not that the HT female bodies are too thin, it's that they're too long, especially in the legs. Scarlett has curves, but she's also about 5'4". The HT body stretches her out to about 5'8" and makes her look willowy. If you look at the HT female figures without clothes, they have good curves in the hip and butt, it's just that the legs are too long. From the waist down Black Widow needs to be a bit more squat.

:exactly: new body needed for sure

I just cancelled mine as well. My Captain America shelf will be full enough with Winter Soldier and Falcon -- Black Widow is just too minor a character in the Marvel Universe to justify three versions (IM2, Avengers, and CA2.)

Looking at guyver1's pictures, at some angle it does look like Scar Jo.

Head sculpt apart, I agree also that HTs definitely needs to give us a better body.
I'm hopeful that HTs might just finally get BW right with AOU.

I just cancelled mine as well. My Captain America shelf will be full enough with Winter Soldier and Falcon -- Black Widow is just too minor a character in the Marvel Universe to justify three versions (IM2, Avengers, and CA2.)

Minor character? Has been in 3 MCU films so far and counting. She's probably one of the major ones IMO.

Very New here,
I like this version of Black Widow - much more than the previous versions. Ordered mine Yesterday.

:welcome1: I'm torn on this. I use my wife as the deciding factor on likeness and she still sees no ScarJo even in Guyvers pics which look good. May still pick her up if I can get her under $200 at some point but I'm holding out hope that maybe her AOU likeness will be spot on. Does she generally look the same in that as Winter Soldier or is she going with a perm this time? :lol

Very New here,
I like this version of Black Widow - much more than the previous versions. Ordered mine Yesterday.

Its not terrible but I think it could be better.... heres hoping they nail the Age of Ultron version
and :welcome1: to the forums sjb66, good to have you here :hi5:

It's funny and risky when I see people holding out for a better likeness in future figures. Some cases you may be waiting a long time or even forever. You also don't know if a better likeness will come along. Take Thor for example. First one didn't look like Hemsworth, Second one better, getting there. Then TDW, nailed it. The first one came out in 2011. So basically one would've have waited 3 years for a good Thor. And there's no guarantees. What if the next one look worse (Loki). Someone could be waiting for Avengers 3 versions of everyone. But that would be a long wait and you don't know how they will look.

Very New here,

New here, too!
I preordered BW right after I preordered Marty McFly. Can't wait! I'm reserving judgement until she arrives.

It's funny and risky when I see people holding out for a better likeness in future figures. Some cases you may be waiting a long time or even forever. You also don't know if a better likeness will come along. Take Thor for example. First one didn't look like Hemsworth, Second one better, getting there. Then TDW, nailed it. The first one came out in 2011. So basically one would've have waited 3 years for a good Thor. And there's no guarantees. What if the next one look worse (Loki). Someone could be waiting for Avengers 3 versions of everyone. But that would be a long wait and you don't know how they will look.

I had no problem waiting out Thor. You knew more movies with him were coming. The first version looked like Caesar from Spartacus to me so I never had an interest even if he had a helmet included. The Dark World version is about perfect. I have some faith they can get Widow right, the biggest issue is how they seem to struggle with female figures in general.

Back