Hot Toys MMS233 -Predator 2 - 1/6th scale Elder Predator 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, whatever he is, he is clearly more experienced, more decorated by trophies, grey in the hair, has lots of wrinkles on his forehead and more facial hair...I think he is definitely older than the others, more grizzled for sure with old war wounds, and in a position of leadership or position to reward a victor in the least.

The older, more experienced is usually placed in a higher position in tribal society...
...but there is no tribal society for original predators :nana:
that's all fanmade comics crap.

...but there is no tribal society for original predators :nana:
that's all fanmade comics crap.

I'm speaking in terms of what we can relate to...
In our reality...

Also I'm pretty sure the wrinkles means he's old...not that he smokes excessively and abuses drugs, or parties too much ;) :lecture...or maybe he does party too much...we've seen those predators dancing...

The pistol is good. I don't know what people are complaining about. Preds are larger than humans so of course the pistol would be smaller and in scale with humans not preds.

I'm speaking in terms of what we can relate to...
In our reality...
Thomas brothers have already told people in comments to P2 what it was relating to our reality: rednecks on a hunt trip. that is all, a bunch of guys with an older guy who knows best places.

Also I'm pretty sure the wrinkles means he's old...not that he smokes excessively and abuses drugs, or parties too much ;) :lecture...or maybe he does party too much...we've seen those predators dancing...
:rotfl
i really don't know why somebody here suggested that he is not old. that is stated with plain text when they comment his appearance and specific visual features.

The AvP: Prey comic series was most certainly not crap, and the whole Predator clan concept in that series is based on what we saw in P2.

First you claim the P2 Elder is a tour guide, and now he's a redneck hillbilly? :lol :slap

No.

Thomas brothers have already told people in comments to P2 what it was relating to our reality: rednecks on a hunt trip. that is all, a bunch of guys with an older guy who knows best places.

:rotfl
i really don't know why somebody here suggested that he is not old. that is stated with plain text when they comment his appearance and specific visual features.

Yeah an "older guy"...an elder brother type, elder person...elder.....not in an official chieftain type capacity , but as in just older dudes
Tribesmen also go hunting together, tribe group, however you wanna call it...makes sense to me :exactly:

The term elder can also be used to refer to older persons...from an asiatic perspective, when they say, one should treat elders with respect, they aren't referring to a council or officially in charge older person...just those who are older...from that perspective, he can be referred to as an elder predator...

Last edited:
At least he's making up theories of the facts which relate to the actual movies and their backstage instead of saying "we've read officially released comics and books, it's all we need to discuss movies they're based on".

The AvP: Prey comic series was most certainly not crap
it was tribal cavemen paladin samurai crap )

and the whole Predator clan concept in that series is based on what we saw in P2.
it's based on fanmade fantasies, none of them was in P2.
remember the plain earth concept, flowing in a great ocean, with a sun stuck to the top of a dome? that was also based on what ignorant people saw :lecture

First you claim the P2 Elder is a tour guide, and now he's a redneck hillbilly?
i don't call him anything, i make conclusions of what predator creators said about P1 and P2.
and they didn't say anything about tribes or elders, but about rednecks having fun from cruel killing and blood bathes.
on the other hand, they significantly pointed that predators look totally different. and they really have more difference in skull/face construction than earth's nations, which is impossible for a tribe where everybody is a relative.

anderson avp guys including a big crowd in the end were a tribe, right. one suit & head for everybody.

I do agree with Lar'ja Thwei about the AvP Prey comic not being crap.
I can also get behind the idea of him being a backwater Redneck showing his boys a sweet little honeyhole :lol

it was tribal cavemen paladin samurai crap )
Paladin and cavemen? Are you high? Do explain.

P2 was very tribal. All of the predators were very tribal. They did base some of the concepts in the book off of Samurai culture, but the whole "honorable" side originated from the end duel in P2, and the Elder handing Harrigan the gun.

it's based on fanmade fantasies, none of them was in P2.
remember the plain earth concept, flowing in a great ocean, with a sun stuck to the top of a dome? that was also based on what ignorant people saw :lecture
The story itself obviously isn't based on P2, but the whole idea of the predators having clans, leaders, and a sense of respect is.

i don't call him anything, i make conclusions of what predator creators said about P1 and P2.
and they didn't say anything about tribes or elders, but about rednecks having fun from cruel killing and blood bathes.
on the other hand, they significantly pointed that predators look totally different. and they really have more difference in skull/face construction than earth's nations, which is impossible for a tribe where everybody is a relative.
Then they must have been drunk when they said that, since everything in P2 contradicts it.

Everything about that damn movie gave off a tribal hunter vibe. The score, the battles (King Willie in particular), City Hunter's victory cry at the top of that building, the artistic ship wall decoration, the Jamaican voodoo gang fighting the colombians, group of predators showing respect to their elder and the man who bested one of them in battle, etc, etc. "Tribal" was the theme of the movie.

Hell, the whole predator design itself is tribal. Dreadlocks, beads, Elder's tusk ring, Hippie's primitive spear, etc.

A true comparison would be to ancient African/Native Americans I think. Not modern day redneck pseudo hunters.

The more I see the old version, the less it holds up.
o3m7.jpg
predator_9.jpg

after all is said and done. we have to brace ourselves that they come out the factory the way it should be.

no shrinkage, no paint color hoopla and
bs excuses. lolz

I think I agree with Lar'ja on the whole Predator clan concept, at least as it was portrayed in P2. Its interesting though because I know both he and P. are huge P2 fans. I actually find it strange seeing them disagree on such a seemingly important point.

As to how the Elder/Greyback should be referred to....well honestly I don't see a particular problem with either. Both names pretty much infer the same thing, that this particular predator is old. And he looks old. So those names, either of them, would be accurate.

i LOLd at the "pirate" nickname. who came up with that, that's kinda new and silly.

maybe i should call him popo instead.

Back