Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps he's 18 inches when he straightens his back instead of being hunched over. :lol

Struggling to resist pre-ordering this big dude.

What is the consensus on this piece selling out? Should I bide my time or put down a deposit now?

Perhaps he's 18 inches when he straightens his back instead of being hunched over. :lol

Struggling to resist pre-ordering this big dude.

What is the consensus on this piece selling out? Should I bide my time or put down a deposit now?

According to that recent armors of Iron Man poster, Igor's a little shorter than Monger. And Monger ended up being about 18 inches tall.

At $510, you've still got time. But the clock's ticking, especially after this thing is finally released.

Seeing as this is at the high end of the price scale, will the production run be smaller than a 'normal' figure?

My reasoning is that due to it's price tag, a lot of collectors will pass on it, which I'm assuming HT have factored in.

I think it's price tag is certainly going to have a factor in the numbers produced..., my retailer told me that he hadn't taken very many preorders for Igor where as by comparison he'd sold all of the diecast mark 42 figures he is getting before the figure has even come into stock.

I don't think it will sell out too quickly due to the price point. I am curious, however, how limited this will be as a result. I can't imagine HT will make very many of these since it's harder to sell a $500 figure compared to a $250 one.

Do Hot Toys ever say how many of a particular figure they've made??? Never come across anything saying so myself but I'm curious to know. :)

I don't think it will sell out too quickly due to the price point. I am curious, however, how limited this will be as a result. I can't imagine HT will make very many of these since it's harder to sell a $500 figure compared to a $250 one.

Do Hot Toys ever say how many of a particular figure they've made??? Never come across anything saying so myself but I'm curious to know. :)

No production numbers, but I've seen guesses numbering anywhere from a few thousand for certain figures to 50,000 for the DX08 Joker (I find the latter hard to believe).

I'd guess Igor's production number is pretty low, probably no more than 3,000 to 3,500.

No production numbers, but I've seen guesses numbering anywhere from a few thousand for certain figures to 50,000 for the DX08 Joker (I find the latter hard to believe).

I'd guess Igor's production number is pretty low, probably no more than 3,000 to 3,500.

Thanks..., I have no clue how many get made myself, as long as I get 1 for my collection then that's all that really matters. :)

I spoke to Lee at CD.co.uk and he says that he doesn't think he will sell out his stock allocation by this time next month, so I will be able to put him on Layaway then. This months funds have been allocated to Peacemaker and a statue, and I've been looking longingly at the IM Midas figs on eBay.

Too many figs and not enough money!

I spoke to Lee at CD.co.uk and he says that he doesn't think he will sell out his stock allocation by this time next month, so I will be able to put him on Layaway then. This months funds have been allocated to Peacemaker and a statue, and I've been looking longingly at the IM Midas figs on eBay.

Too many figs and not enough money!

I preordered mine from Collectibles Direct. :) He told me there were plenty of allocated slots left to be filled so no rush on this one, I changed those awful house party protocol cases I preordered for it though or I'd probably have waited to order it too. :)

Some con pics, while we wait.

iggy1.JPG
iggy2.JPG
iggy3.JPG
iggy4.JPG
iggy5.JPG

Weathering is incredible- one of the best from HT...hope you guys get him before long!

He looks awesome. I wish he had a bigger part in the movie and wasn't so expensive. If he was Die Cast I would have bought him though.

Back