Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but after the 6 months you still have that amount off the figure, its not a loan and you still pay the same amount :dunno

Agree, and if you need the money in hand that badly then you shouldn't be buying these "toys" lol. I personally like the flex pay option, I don't have to pay 525 for igor all at once, I can pay a hundred or so every month.

but after the 6 months you still have that amount off the figure, its not a loan and you still pay the same amount :dunno

If you pay that money a year early its not in your pocket that whole time, and you're not getting anything extra for paying them so far in advance. If you set it aside yourself in a savings account it could be earning interest, that's the idea when people say "don't give out free loans." Its the same idea with taxes in the US, if you get a huge refund that means in reality you are withholding too much and the government gets to use and make money off your extra money while they have it before giving it back to you with no interest paid to you, unlike a bank or credit union would give you for doing the same thing. You are in reality giving the treasury a "free loan."

If you pay that money a year early its not in your pocket that whole time, and you're not getting anything extra for paying them so far in advance. If you set it aside yourself in a savings account it could be earning interest, that's the idea when people say "don't give out free loans." Its the same idea with taxes in the US, if you get a huge refund that means in reality you are withholding too much and the government gets to use and make money off your extra money while they have it before giving it back to you with no interest paid to you, unlike a bank or credit union would give you for doing the same thing. You are in reality giving the treasury a "free loan."

This "interest from keeping your money in the bank" arguement comes up once in a while. The amount you'd earn on a few hundred over a few months is literally pennies.

This "interest from keeping your money in the bank" arguement comes up once in a while. The amount you'd earn on a few hundred over a few months is literally pennies.

I was gonna say... It isnt worth it unless you have millions in there. Personally I like flex for my current economic situation, but once I pay off the bills, I'm gonna start paying upfront. The shifting of dates throws off my plans and I'll be easier to budget paying upfront, I know 100% im paying on this day.

I can't/don't/won't do the flex pay route. The one time I did it I made the first few payments and then the figure got pushed back almost 6 months. So there is SS with the majority of my money except the last payment and I'm mt handed. I'd rather take the route where I open a bank account and deposit my money in there myself and just make the payment in full when do. I'm not in to giving out interest free loans to a toy company. It's a great way for them to make more money off me though in interest earned but no thanks...

Either way someone has your money and is using it as a loan. That's how banks work. They take everyone's deposits and use them until you take the money out. So if u just leave it and don't touch it there is no difference. With the amount a figure costs even if u left it in the bank with the highest savings account with interest growth you would get less then a dime. But if you open an account for just that money it's gonna cost, usually, 5-50 bucks over a year(either opening fees or maintaince fees or another set of fees. So the idea that it's better to not "loan" the money to sideshow but put it into a bank(loan it to them instead) and just leave it doesn't do you any good.

Now if you want it so you can have access to it and use it is a different story obviously. But if it's just going to sit either with sideshow or in a savings account really is a wash financially. Unless your spending 500-1000 or more. Then you might(maybe depending on the bank, rates, fees) make a couple dollars. Maybe.

He's basically like the Hulk figure, wearing a suit of armor. At least that's what I remember when I saw him at SDCC last year.

I will own Igor lol

Yep me to. He is my only flexi payment I have. Can not wait :)

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

I'd love to get this figure - such an excellent design.

Practically speaking though - if Marvel Select or Hasbro ML made a 7" scale version, that'd make my day. :cool:

He's basically like the Hulk figure, wearing a suit of armor. At least that's what I remember when I saw him at SDCC last year.

Yep, big like Hulk in armour or thereabouts.

Very cool. I'm thinking of seeing if I can switch my flex from the bat armory to this guy. I'm just not feeling the armory so much anymore.

And I noticed he's bumped up to October now?

Back